Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Sonyblaze no, that is not back to square one - that is easily solved.
It's a permission problem of your windows that does not allow the user to save into the program folder - that is a restriction that was added in newer windows versions for good reasons, but prevents some operations allowed in older windows versions.

Go to the plugin properties and change the image path from ./mapshot to c:/mapshot.
You can use other paths if you prefer as long as they don't end up in a restricted folder and are following the networking rules as for naming (no spaces, no non-latin letters etc). I just said c:/mapshot because that is the easiest without knowing your computer.

Sonyblaze

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
@Sonyblaze no, that is not back to square one - that is easily solved.
It's a permission problem of your windows that does not allow the user to save into the program folder - that is a restriction that was added in newer windows versions for good reasons, but prevents some operations allowed in older windows versions.

Go to the plugin properties and change the image path from ./mapshot to c:/mapshot.
You can use other paths if you prefer as long as they don't end up in a restricted folder and are following the networking rules as for naming (no spaces, no non-latin letters etc). I just said c:/mapshot because that is the easiest without knowing your computer.

Thank you!!! Now I can do what I need to do. Here a Virtual fist bump ! Thank you once again for the help!

itsAlana

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay, I have a problem...

I edited some tilesets with whtdragon's really excellent grasses, but when I export the map I'm making with Mapshot, it seems to display them in the original colors and I can't figure out why.

hiaH8xy.png

(The in-game screenshot is how it displays both when testing and when editing the map in RPGM MV)

Is this a known problem? Is there any known way to fix this? Is mapshot pulling its tiles from somewhere else where they're still that color or something? I'm really at a loss, and don't ESPECIALLY want to have to color-correct the grass in photoshop when I already edited the tileset to have better grass colors...

EvanWaters

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay for some reason this is unresponsive for me, and I don't know how to bring up the console for RPGMaker itself (I can when a game crashes, but not just the editor.) On a Mac, am not sure of the proper syntax for filepaths but there's not even the slightest pause which would indicate the plugin is doing anything.

Here's a screenshot of the parameters (that last word is "Mapshots", I created a folder)

https://i.imgur.com/igNPEiC.png

Semolous29

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
An update to MV broke this plugin. But, I'm not sure which update it was.

OmegaNyan

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think there's a bug with the plugin. Most tiles in the A1 set do not get screenshotted properly and appear as stransparent. It's mainly the water tiles.

Attachments

• Screenshot_6.png
    Screenshot_6.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 9
  • MAP001.png
    MAP001.png
    411.7 KB · Views: 9

yumi1803

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
The download link is down...could you please a new link?

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Hudell I think this link is dead mate. Check it out. ;)

Edit:
Nevermind, after posting saw your last post. But hey, I strongly suggest to edit the first posts on your threads when issues like that arise, so people can be able to reach your content. :D
I'm gonna restore the old links soon.

MrKlamma

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh my gosh... I think, I love you more than my girlfriend... you let my dreams come true :wub:wub:wub:wub:wub

LightNox

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi,

when I take a 256x256 mapshot, the preview of the image does not appear.

Can you help me please ?

LightNox

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
up please.

A picture of my problem
sans_t10.png

I need your help because my project contain only 256x256 maps x)

Last edited:

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
What version of MV are you using? I never tested it with the latest one.

LightNox

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I use the version 1.6.1 of Rpg maker mv.

My first mapshot is a normal map 17x13

zacheatscrackers

Machinehead
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey, just wanted to let you know that this plugin's extremely helpful! Using it for a strategy guide for my game atm, and it's invaluable for pointing out item/optional boss/etc locations without having to list everything in words :) Thank you for your hard work!

cedr777

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Very Good, but not compatible with Yanfly's Grid Free Doodads plugin. Which is a shame =/

aknightofhope

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This plugin works wonderfully!! thank you so much!! <3

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Working on a slightly experimental horror game. It will be finished in approximately 88888888888 years.
Y'all will enjoy it though, I put lots of effort into making it stand out.

It's called Red Light and it's inspired by another obscure RPG Maker horror game, but I don't want to give too much away just yet.
Ohh man, Weapon animations plugin feels so mandatory. Seeing that same image regardless of the icon of the weapon....ugh :p
Ok so......Maaaaybe I've taken a ''little'' bit of inspiration from FF9 when it comes to battle hud xD

ff9.PNG

Just maybe....
New version of my wife's art for Tundra's opening map. No new version of Katrina yet, but I think this looks awesome.1624062754755.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raytoly