DRG

Orange juice lover, Sunny D Hater.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
(I know this may not be the right place for this but i haven't gotten a response from anybody about this issue on the 2 other places i posted this so i'm posting this here to)
Hey, So I'm experiencing a problem where when I use orange overlay on big maps (in this case 100x93) the shadows will be off, by a lot. and IDK why it does that. I'm using orangemapshot so it should be fine but it's not for some reason. if anyone is experiencing/experienced the same issue and knows a solution please help, (also if you want i can upload a picture of what it looks like in my image editing program vs in game if y'all want) (also after I was moving a shadow so that it would be closer to it's in game location for some reason that shadow was a lot smaller than it looked in the picture, does anyone have a solution? please respond as soon as possible, it would be greatly appreciated.)
EDIT: problem solved. the problem was my image editor.

Last edited:

LiMRAl

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you double click the plugin on the plugin manager, there will be a list of parameters. One of the is called keyCode. You have to double click it to change it's value. The default is 44, which means the Print Screen key. Here is a list with other possible key codes: http://link.hudell.com/js-keys
DUDE!!! I can't believe the only reason it wasn't working this whole time was because I didn't know 44 stood for Print Screen!! I feel so dumb now... Oh well. Thank you so much for this comment. It's finally working now. XD

Somniari

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The plugin keeps giving me trojan warnings from time to time when I try to take a picture of the map and then I'm forced to uninstall and reinstall MV to be able to play test again, since Kaspersky tells me the supposed trojan is located within the game.exe application itself.

This is really bothersome, is this a false malware flag from Kaspersky or what?

DRG

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The plugin keeps giving me trojan warnings from time to time when I try to take a picture of the map and then I'm forced to uninstall and reinstall MV to be able to play test again, since Kaspersky tells me the supposed trojan is located within the game.exe application itself.

This is really bothersome, is this a false malware flag from Kaspersky or what?
It is most likely a false alarm, as both my anitmalaware and my antivirus have not alarmed me of any possible threat from orange mapshot.

Somniari

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It is most likely a false alarm, as both my anitmalaware and my antivirus have not alarmed me of any possible threat from orange mapshot.
I assumed as much, since antivirus programs tend to be too trigger happy with false positives sometimes. I'll have to add the files to the exclusion list then. Thanks for the reply!

DRG

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I assumed as much, since antivirus programs tend to be too trigger happy with false positives sometimes. I'll have to add the files to the exclusion list then. Thanks for the reply!
No problem.

Ihsman07

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm having an issue with this plugin. I get a message in the game after hitting Print Screen that says it saved the mapshot to Program Files (x86)\Kadokawa\RPGMV\nwjs-win\Mapshots and yet when I go to the nwjs-win folder, there is no Mapshots folder created and I can't find the mapshot anywhere.

EDIT: Never mind. I went into the plugin and decided to set a new path which worked just fine.

Phoenixsylph

=w= just chillin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You have no idea how much I freaking love you for making this!!

yami547

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm having the same issue as posted before with the water being blank. Is there a fix for this?

Attachments

Mellifluous

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I tried to open the link to the key codes and it doesn't work anymore, what other codes are there because printscreen doesn't work on my laptop. It requires more than one button press so it actually doesn't seem to trigger the plugin.

RenanLLDS

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey, its been a while since anyone posted but when I try to use the plugin nothing happens, I'm using RMMV 1.5.0. When I use the console nothing shows up when hitting Print Screen, I have changed the directory of the mapshots to C:\Users\Renan\Documents\MAPSHOTS and still havent had any success

Edit, I miraculously understood what I was doing wrong, but now I have the water problem, I have just started to learn how to parallax map, so I dont know what to do about that :/

Last edited:

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The link to the plugin in the OP appears to be down - does anyone have a link to a mirror?

EDIT: Oh, saw profile post, disregard this.

rearda22

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The link to the plugin in the OP appears to be down - does anyone have a link to a mirror?

EDIT: Oh, saw profile post, disregard this.
where the link sir? I don't know what is profile post.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Suitemate: "Do you have detergent"
Me: "Ya, the spray kind"
Me: *realizes he said detergent, not deodorant*
Me: "Guess I'll die!"
If there's one thing I hate about myself, it's that I procrastinate. Ever since I started looking stuff up on how to properly balance and create armour, weapons and skills; I've let myself down in progress.
So I was at the dentist yesterday and she said,"I'm gonna propose to Dr. Anderson...(Then she paused as she thought what to say). And I said,"I think he is a little old for you." She laughed good naturedly. Then she jabbed sharp things in my mouth for the next 3 hours.
Update on my experiment with uploading my Android games to the Amazon app store: made about $45 in 2 months, but 0 sales for the past 3 weeks. Not sure its worth the effort.
Kid : "MOOOMM! My poop is bloody red!" Me, an intellectual : "There's worm parasite inside your body. You gonna die soon."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemiRemi