BloodletterQ

Chaotic Neutral Assassin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I don't know where the mapshot goes on a Mac.

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There should be a nwjs-osx folder inside the MV folder.

BloodletterQ

Chaotic Neutral Assassin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'm sorry but it doesn't seem to do anything, even if I set the control to the space key.

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Open the console and check if anything is written there when you press the key.

BloodletterQ

Chaotic Neutral Assassin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Then it really is doing nothing. What keycode are you using? I think Mac keycodes are different than windows ones. Try using 49 and pressing space.

And did you find the nwjs-osx folder?

BloodletterQ

Chaotic Neutral Assassin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Found the folder and changed to 49, but still, nothing happens.

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've updated the plugin to show the folder name and to read the key in a different way. Can you try with the updated version?

Chelsea95

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hi there Hudell, I'm trying my best to get this working but I am struggling, I've read the other fixes people have been experiencing but I'm having no luck. Whilst testing the game, pressing Print Screen will bring up my Documents Folder, where my project is saved. RPG Maker VM is saved on my C Drive/ Program Files (x86)/ KADOKAWA. Ive changed the permissions to the VM folder to allow.

No new folder gets created in nwjs-win, so my next step is to change the location the image gets saved, but I'm still very new to scripting/coding and I'm not sure where to change the save location. I'm sorry to trouble you but any help/advice would be greatly appreciated : ) 

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Apparently, everybody that uses the non-steam version of RM is having some issue with folder permissions. I'll see if I can add an option to save the images on the images folder or something.

Chelsea95

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Thanks for your reply, please take your time and keep up the great work ;) This plugin is a fantastic idea.

LightNox

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello Hudell,

This plugin doesnt work for me, the folder is not created and when i push the printscreen nothing happens.

i need for my overlay mapping x).

And in the folder Kodakawa it's nothing.

Ps: sorry for my bad english x)

Last edited by a moderator:

Pai

Artist
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I've updated the plugin to show the folder name and to read the key in a different way. Can you try with the updated version?
Was having the same issue, but just updated to the new version and it worked like a charm!

James Westbrook

JamesWestbrook
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I have a request to add to this plugin for those insane enough to have multiple rpg projects going on. Could you make it possible for the mapshots folder to have a subfolder for each project? Like say i have 3 different projects, and one is named "rpg no" so when i snapshot, a folder named "rpg no" is in the mapshots.

It would be complicated navigating the mapshots folder if it wasnt split by project.

Obviously this isnt needed, but it would make things more convienent.

*p.s. i am loving this plugin. It makes paralaxing so much easier.*

phamtruong1992

Mage Art - Green Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not work for me. Whenever i press print it auto leads to My documents folder. I even tried to create a Mapshots folder in nwjs-win then it leads me to it but theres no picture. And here is the error

mapshots.png

phamtruong1992

Mage Art - Green Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'll add an option to choose the folder the next time I update this.
Yeah it would be better, tks for your work but can you guys figure my prob out?

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've updated the plugin with the new param (imagePath). I couldn't really test this change it yet, but I believe it's working

James Westbrook

JamesWestbrook
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I've updated the plugin with the new param (imagePath). I couldn't really test this change it yet, but I believe it's working
I tested it and it is working beautifully.

I noticed some changes I am loving. 1- it tells you in-game where it saves 2- the folder automatically opened for me, which makes opening it quicker and easier and 3- makes organizing snapshots easier with naming folder option.

Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

On the plus side, if all this rioting sparks another Covid outbreak... I will have a whole lot of time to work on my game. Not exactly how I wanted to get that time, but hey I'm a glass is half full... of RM kind of guy. :LZSwink:
A video once in a while won't hurt.
Have a craving for a Nesquik milkshake. No idea why. Haven't had one since I was a kid. lol. I remember them kinda tasting nice, but also leaving a lot of nasty powder at the bottom of the cup.
The more I think about it, the weirdest part of going to work post-virus will probably be getting used to seeing my coworkers' mouths again. :LZYshock:
I think one of my weirdest realizations is that my speed of game development would probably be about the same if I *didn't* work a full-time manual labor job.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guangdi