Orange Mapshot

Oguz

Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Turkish
Hello Hudell

I was tried more times but it doesn't work and nothing any problem or error at console.. I was used every way. :)

Sxitzo

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
hey, im trying to use this plug-in but i dont think its working for me.  im sure im doing something wrong.  either way i need a hand.  i have the plug-in activated in the plugin command place.  i start the game to play test.  hit the right key binding and nothing happens.  no indication that anything happened.  i tried it when in the editor, and i got the same thing.  i looked for Mapshots folder in my games file location and in my project folder and couldnt find anything.  i also tried using the windows search for a mapshots folder.  couldnt find anything.  so what am i doing wrong?
I was having the same problem. But I was determined to start parallax mapping. What I have to do is right click on the map while in the editor and clicking save image. Of course, this will give you a smaller image than you need. To get around this, simply load it into your Image Manipulation Program (I use GIMP) and increase the image size by 200%. You now have a full size map that you can use for Parallax Mapping. I hope this helps someone. So far it has worked for me for any size map. 

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello Hudell

I was tried more times but it doesn't work and nothing any problem or error at console.. I was used every way. :)
Try creating a Mapshots folder on your "Documents" folder and then put the whole path to that folder on the imagePath param.

I was having the same problem. But I was determined to start parallax mapping. What I have to do is right click on the map while in the editor and clicking save image. Of course, this will give you a smaller image than you need. To get around this, simply load it into your Image Manipulation Program (I use GIMP) and increase the image size by 200%. You now have a full size map that you can use for Parallax Mapping. I hope this helps someone. So far it has worked for me for any size map. 
If you do this, the image will probably lose some details of the map.

rauwolf

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
hello, I hope your still helping people with this plug in, but Im having the same permission problem. Im a newbie when it comes to pc and can't figure out how to grant permission to the kadokawa folder. could you please tell me how to give the rpg maker mv access to this folder? Thank you.

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Try changing the folder to one inside the "My Documents".

You can set any folder you want in the imagePath param.

That Bread

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Greetings

I am very new to Mvs different Plugin/script system. I have activated your plugin, but your description says I need to add a key.

Where and how do I edit this plugin to insert key?

Thank you.

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
If you double click the plugin on the plugin manager, there will be a list of parameters. One of the is called keyCode. You have to double click it to change it's value. The default is 44, which means the Print Screen key. Here is a list with other possible key codes:  http://link.hudell.com/js-keys

Simone

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Español
Primarily Uses
Excelente Plugin, Muchas gracias!! 

Prescott

argggghhh
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Any updates on the inclusion of events? I've got fire that needs to have lighting done around it :o

lordvalinar

Lord of the Damned
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hudell, you are a divine blessing upon this community <3 We love you ^_^

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Any updates on the inclusion of events? I've got fire that needs to have lighting done around it :o

Not yet. If you get more people interested on this feature I may move it up my priority list, but for now it is buried behind hundreds of other tasks :/

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

Anybody still waiting for this? I've included the new feature on the plugin now.

It worked fine with the tests I made here. If anybody has an event showing up out of place or something, let me know.

Uzuki

Kawaii on the streets, Senpai in the sheets
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry to bother you with this @Hudell, but the link for the key board numbers links to an old article now.

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Sorry to bother you with this @Hudell, but the link for the key board numbers links to an old article now.

Weird, the site I picked that list from seem to have replaced the link with something else. I redirected to link to another site, but the list isn't as complete.

Travis Pooler

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I was having a similar issue where it appeared that nothing was happening when I hit the printscreen button.  My issue was that I had never created a saved game yet of my project so the folder didn't exist.  So just start a game, make a save, and then hit the printscreen button.  This appeared to work for me as the game gave me a notification that the image had been saved in the designated folder.  However the folder nor the image was there.

Last edited by a moderator:

Meemoo

Imagination Puppet
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
So I did everything else right, pressed the button to take the image, a text appeared telling me where the image went, then the folder Mapshots opened in the nwjs-win but no image showed up. I actually had to create the Mapshots folder because it didn't create itself so I did. Everything seems to work fine but no images are showing up.

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I was having a similar issue where it appeared that nothing was happening when I hit the printscreen button.  My issue was that I had never created a saved game yet of my project so the folder didn't exist.  So just start a game, make a save, and then hit the printscreen button.  This appeared to work for me as the game gave me a notification that the image had been saved in the designated folder.  However the folder nor the image was there.

So I did everything else right, pressed the button to take the image, a text appeared telling me where the image went, then the folder Mapshots opened in the nwjs-win but no image showed up. I actually had to create the Mapshots folder because it didn't create itself so I did. Everything seems to work fine but no images are showing up.

Are you two using the steam or the non-DRM version of MV?

It seems like this only happens with the non-DRM version. There's nothing much I can do: Windows is blocking the game from writing the image file because "Program Files" is a protected folder. Try replacing the imagePath param to a path inside your "My Documents" folder.

Nezard

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Español
Primarily Uses

It seems like this only happens with the non-DRM version. There's nothing much I can do: Windows is blocking the game from writing the image file because "Program Files" is a protected folder. Try replacing the imagePath param to a path inside your "My Documents" folder.

I know how to Fix that. I had the same problem but yHudell give me a idea. Windows was blocking the image creation so i change the permissions of the folder and now windows let me create the image in the folder (Mapshots). I used this ImagePath: C:\Program Files (x86)\KADOKAWA\RPGMV\nwjs-win\Mapshots

Thanks Hudell.

mukuroxi

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
english
whenever i use the plugin it becomes all transparent for the water any ways you can help?

Lost forest.png

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Oh.. weird. I did some changes on the plugin yesterday to make it compatible with the upcoming RM update, but it shouldn't break anything :X

I'll look into it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Officially not a mod anymore. Thanks for the many years!
Thinking if i should post on the classifieds section...
Made another plugin showcase video! :kaojoy:
(Plugins and details inside the description of the YouTube video.) :LZScheeze:
Ami
Castle is my Biggest Fear :kaodes:. I just Managed make Part by Part (like the Entrance only),not the Entire Castle like in the RM Sample...
This video really speaks to me...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vaobongdotbiz