Orange Mapshot

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by Hudell, Nov 7, 2015.

1. Ringotaker

Ringotaker Warper Member

First Language:
    Spanish-English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I'm having the same water issue xD

Still is an awesome plugin mate :)  Thanks!

WiernerLandNoEvent.png

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2016
  2. Hudell

Hudell Dog Lord Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I've restored the previous version of the plugin until I get time to check what went wrong.

3. InBlast

InBlast The Mad Hamster Veteran

First Language:
    French
    But...But... Why didn't I kow this plugin before !

Thanks a lot. This will make parallax mapping on big maps waaaay easier =)

4. Gabu

Gabu Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    This Plugin isn't working for me. When I hit Print Screen, It'll just open up my "My Documents" folder and do nothing else. But when I close the folder and hit print Screen again I get the message that the screenshot was saved to Program Files (x86)\KADAKAWA\RPGMV\nwjs-win\Mapshots. However When I go to the nwjs-win Folder there is no Mapshots folder in there at all. I've tried making a Mapshots folder in "My Documents" and in the "nwjs-win" folders but I've had no results. I even tried searching my entire computer for a "Mapshots" Folder but I've found nothing. Idk what I'm doing wrong.

5. Destroshard

Destroshard Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I just downloaded this today and came across the same issue. but i solved it. go into the plugin manager in the Editor of rpgmaker mv and select this plugin and go to the saved path at bottom. notice that it shows a ./mapshots  ? get rid of that period it doesn't belong there.

6. Gabu

Gabu Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English

I just tried this and it still didn't work. This time instead of opening my "My Documents" folder it just opened up my C: drive in the file explorer. once I closed that and pressed Print Screen Again it said the mapshot was saved to my C:drive / Mapshots. This time it actually made a folder in my C: drive Called mapshots, but I still didn't have any screenshots in it.

7. Destroshard

First Language:
    English
    well if it doesn't work after this one other method then i don't know. its all i did and it worked for me.. but only other thing i had done was went to C: drive  under My PC,(If your Windows 10) and unchecked the box Hidden items. plus simply made sure the /Mapshots was the path in the plugin and like you said it finally made the folder and the screenshot appear in it.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2016
  8. Gabu

Gabu Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English

Hmm, its still not working for me.
    I made sure to erase the . and everything, I unchecked the box hidden items, but it still did the same thing as last time.
    When you press Print Screen does it immediately give you a text box in game saying the screenshot was saved or does it open up your C: Drive?

9. Destroshard

First Language:
    English
    It just opens up a message within the game saying where it was saved. If your getting a disk tray opening up you have something wrong with your computer. Nothing should be causing that to happen unless your pressing the button to open it. but if your saying it opens the folders to the C: drive to try and show where its location is saved it had done that.

10. Gabu

Gabu Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English

Well that's worrisome. I hope nothing is wrong with my computer.
    I think that's what I mean, like it opens up to show the folders in the C: Drive, then when I close that and hit print screen again is when I'll get the message that the screenshot was saved to C:/Mapshots.
    I'm sorry I wish I knew how to explain whats happening on my end more clearly.

11. Destroshard

First Language:
    English
    well i would start by maybe using something like Lightshot program to screenshot and upload links to paste in a thread in the forums about your issue with the plugin as well as continue trying to get Orange to look at it. someone will eventually be able to help you figure it out. that is all i got though.

12. Hudell

Hudell Dog Lord Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Both behaviours are normal: On the first mapshot you take it opens the folder, on the next mapshots, it will only show the message.

If the files aren't being saved there, it means the Game doesn't have permission to save the file. You can try running the game as administrator or something like that. I don't know exactly what helps because it's different from one computer to another. Some people on the thread had this issue and managed to fix it.

13. Destroshard

First Language:
    English
    yeah i fixed it for myself the way i explained it to Gabu, even if it didn't save to where its intended to, what matters is getting it one way or another. I've been trying to use this cause it was needed for a tutorial to make a large forest map using Fallen lorelei's method. hopefully the issue i came into trying all this isn't due to why it didn't turn out right. my parallax maps i made in game look like they are sharing nearby maps on the side edges. even though its all right on map size in game and the images in the parallax folder. course either that or something to do with the layers. i used gimp so it was hard to get everything she was saying to happen. ingame i walk on top of the trees rather than under them. =/

14. Maycon Gama Ribeiro

Maycon Gama Ribeiro Heroes Of Equilibrium Veteran

First Language:
    Português
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    no work fot!

please help me

15. Destroshard

First Language:
    English
    can try my method it might work for you. but not for everyone.

16. lostdragon

lostdragon Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Nice plugin.  Very handy.  Worked well for me.  My largest world is 255x255 at 64x64 pixels tile size. It generated the correct (58MB) png file with a little patience.

Thanks.

17. DragonVine

DragonVine May or May Not be Batman Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I've also encountered the image not appearing in the mapshots folder problem. The weird thing about it is that it works perfectly with older projects of mine, but doesn't work with even a clean game w/ only the mapshot plugin. I'm utterly confused, as it still works fine with games I made previously, but not a project I made today. Both direct the images to the mapshot folder in the Steam apps section, one writes the image, while the other does not.

18. Hudell

Hudell Dog Lord Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    version 1.3 of rpg maker changed some stuff on the map rendering and that broke my plugin. I had access to those changes a while ago and had prepared a new version of the plugin. I'll put that version up for download when I get home.

Marquise* and DragonVine like this.
  19. DragonVine

DragonVine May or May Not be Batman Veteran

First Language:
    English
    @HudellI was just about to ask if that update had anything to do with it. Thank you so much Hudell! I really appreciate it!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2016
  20. Hudell

Hudell Dog Lord Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV