DragonVine

May or May Not be Batman
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yeah, it doesn't quite work. It doesn't even open the window like it usually does. I imagine it's something that can be ironed out in testing though. Thank you again for looking at it.

EDIT:

@Hudell After some more testing, I can verify that it does work. Thank you Hudell! I had to copy over the new index.html and everything from the New Data plugins folder (except for plugins.js). So thanks again, it works perfectly now!

Last edited by a moderator:

wintyrbarnes

Jack of a Few Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
FWIW, I'm using 1.3.1 and was having the problem where it would make the folder but not the image, and I just moved the plugin to the top of the list in the plugin manager and that fixed it. 

Thanks a lot for this! It's super useful.

Hairy

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The new plugin works well on MV1.3. Many thanks!

Armanic

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Any solution to not having water in the screenshot?

liamx2000

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Getting frustrated now Been trying for over 3 hours to get this to work and I just can't.

It just Doesn't work for me , First I installed the old version and it said that it took a screenshot (yay)... then when I went to the location it said it should be, there was nothing there , then I found out there was a newer version just now so I replaced it with the old one and now I don't even get a message saying the screenshot has been taken. Something that should be so simple is becoming overly complicated for me lol. Why is it so much more fickle then other plugins ?

It says it should be here in the plugin manager ./Mapshots</span></td>

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Because windows is blocking the game from saving the file. You need to find a way to let windows know the game is allowed to save it.

gizzmito

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
spanish
Getting frustrated now Been trying for over 3 hours to get this to work and I just can't.

It just Doesn't work for me , First I installed the old version and it said that it took a screenshot (yay)... then when I went to the location it said it should be, there was nothing there , then I found out there was a newer version just now so I replaced it with the old one and now I don't even get a message saying the screenshot has been taken. Something that should be so simple is becoming overly complicated for me lol. Why is it so much more fickle then other plugins ?

Maybe you haven't downloaded the plugin correctly. It has happened to me with other plugins, look if the plugin is filled with expressions like </span> or other things between <> even in the middle of the help sentences.

If that is the case you need to download the raw version of the plugin.

The folder should be:  ./Mapshots     not     ./Mapshots</span></td>

liamx2000

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Finally !!!!!! Got it fixed I changed the folder location at the bottom to C:\Users\Windows 7\Documents\MapImages

And for some reason that made it work.

Also what is the difference between

OrangeMapshot and OrangeScreenshotSaver

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Finally !!!!!! Got it fixed I changed the folder location at the bottom to C:\Users\Windows 7\Documents\MapImages

And for some reason that made it work.

Also what is the difference between

OrangeMapshot and OrangeScreenshotSaver

ScreenshotSaver saves a screenshot of what's visible on screen. Mapshot redraws the whole map on an image file.

DragonVine

May or May Not be Batman
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

@liamx2000 First, you need to make sure you have the latest version of RPG Maker MV. Make sure it's 1.31, and you need to update every project you have as well. Follow all the instructions in this thread:

Second, when you download the updated script, make sure you click the RAW file on GitHub and copy and paste it into notepad. Then save it as a .js file and place it in your plugins folder. It should work fine after that.

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Clicking the download link from the first post on the thread should automatically download a JS file.

BozeGame

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
Everything to do with parallax mapping is a lot easier. Thank you! 

Myst88

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Strange thing happend today. It just stopped working. I used it perfectly fine. Then about half an hour later it would say it saved the map, and the file would pop up, but no image.

I checked permissions, made sure everyone had full permissions. And I tried changing the destination folder over to documents. Nothing seems to work.

Edit: Annnnd suddenly it's working again? I restarted my laptop yesterday and that didn't help. Maybe switching it off helped? Or it was my anti-virus? Well regardless, problem solved?

BigJoshieC

Rip Van Winkle III
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Extremely useful. Thanks for the hard work!

EDIT: Whoops. Finally updated my MV and now the main layer is missing from mapshots. For anyone looking for an alternative if this one is not working right, the one available here does a decent job but has no layer choices:

http://triacontane.blogspot.jp/2016/02/blog-post_27.html

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'll look into that missing layer.

I also had an idea that will help everybody that had trouble finding the png files.

xDGameStudios

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
I wanted to ask for a feature... would it be possible to save the map into 2 different png files seperated by layers... the under layer and the over layer?! ;)  everything that is under the hero will be on one PNG and the other PNG would contain the layer that is placed above the player!! Is it too much trouble? thank you for the time

EDIT: and this plugin does just that!! :/ :/ I'm so sorry for not even tried it out before asking for this... well then again.. awesome plugin!!! :D  it's just great!! 

Ser Gob

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Mirror please. I can't access the site.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Mirror please. I can't access the site.

why not? a mirror doesn't help if it is blocked by the same firewall that blocks the original download.

Because the link is a regular download link, nothing special there.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Azihayya wrote on ATT_Turan's profile.
Magus avatar homey!
Getting back into the thick of work on Untold Story and it feels great to be back. I'm gonna take what I learned from the Game Jam and try and get some serious work done for the rest of 2021.
The "docs" are honestly soo frustrating. Eg. positionType : "Returns the current position type of the message window." Yes, great. could you please also tell me if 0 was bottom or top, so i don't have to start a playtest to see, because i keep forgetting it all the time, and what are the docs even for, if not that? (it's top btw...)

Here's the combat sprite of Azrael one of the main characters of our game,
with and without weapon.
Hope it's good.
https://discord.gg/Q2uS6Str
The one thing I've always struggled with is creating a story, it halts every single project I've ever worked on. We must be in the twilight zone because I've actually come up with a plot, from beginning to end (it kinda wrote itself). I may very well be on my way to creating my first proper little game, yay!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buster420