Orange "Move Character To"

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by Hudell, Oct 24, 2015.

1. wizaerd

wizaerd Adventurer Member

First Language:
    English
    Why exactly do you need the plugin to do this when you can easily do it yourself in the same event, right after the movement.

2. Daniel Pedro

Daniel Pedro Warper Member

First Language:
    Portuguese
    But I don't need right after the movement... I need after the event reach the destination

3. Hudell

Hudell Dog Lord Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm not changing this plugin anymore, but you can achieve this with a parallel process.

After using the plugin command, turn on a switch, then create a parallel process triggered by that switch and add a conditional branch with the following script:

$gameMap._events[15]._xDestination === undefinedThe code inside the conditional branch will then be executed when the event stops moving (Make sure to change the number 15 by the number of the event you're moving).Don't forget to turn off the switch too.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2016
  4. Daniel Pedro

First Language:
    Portuguese
    I tried but didn't work.. the content inside the condition branch is being executed right after the switch that active the parallel proccess event is triggered... looks like the conditional branch is always "true" even when the moving event didn't reach the destination.

5. Hudell

Hudell Dog Lord Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    What's the plugin command you are using?

6. wizaerd

wizaerd Adventurer Member

First Language:
    English
    At the end of the different movement steps, set your switch. It's not rocket science.

7. Hudell

Hudell Dog Lord Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Ah, you're right! If the plugin is used inside a move route, that will work. No script call required.

8. Daniel Pedro

First Language:
    Portuguese
    I Will try it in the night... thanks

9. TheChilliPL

TheChilliPL Villager Member

First Language:
    Polski [Polish]
    "move player to event 1" doesn't do anything (sorry for my English)...
    Plugins:
    Yanfly Core Engine
    Yanfly Main Menu Manager
    Yanfly Keyboard Config
    Yanfly Event Mini Label
    Yanfly Message Core
    Yanfly Extended Message Pack 1
    Yanfly Message Macros 1
    Gameus Quest System
    Yanfly Region Restrictions
    Hime Conditional Choices
    MBS Smooth Scroll
    PH Sprite Reflection
    MrTS Quicksand
    Super Orange Movement Ex and
    Orange Move Character To

10. Maus Merryjest

Maus Merryjest Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    @Hudell, I know you said you wouldn't change this plugin anymore, but I was wondering if there was a way to do what I need to do...

I've employed this lovely plugin to simulate character paths, to give locations a sense of life instead of perpetually stuck characters.

That being said, there's a problem: when talking to NPCs, they won't stop. They continue walking away after I initiate a conversation. Now, as I use Galv's popup message combined with branching dialogue, it essentially turns into my characters holding a conversation with the NPC to the point where she is off-screen, the message is off screen and so are the dialogue choices.

I -could- set it up using a normal route and mapping out movements, but  I'm using YEP's plugin to remember event locations- so that when the player re-enters the screen, the event is where they last left it... but their move route resets, so it starts from scratch and the NPC ends up lodged in a weird corner of the screen because the directions no longer map its starting route. The upside of having the MoveCharacterTo plugin is that, even if the movement route resets, the character navigates to the first location, then the second, but it does so creating a new path so it doesn't really looked that staged.

Is there any way we could modify the plugin to have the choice to pause the movement direction when the event is being interacted with, and have it pick up from where it left after event processing is done? I'll understand if you don't want to touch this plugin again, but I thought I'd ask just in case.

Bilalichwa likes this.
  11. XGuarden

XGuarden Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Hi =:0)

I look all arround and try different pathfinder pluggin, they are all buggy...

Shaz pluggin are limited to the 12 tiles limitation,.

Mk_AdvencedMove can do deep path finder and give an option to set max deep. Also, he make them able to jump over player or even if require or avoid an moving npc.

Unfortunatly, a bug block me from using it, npc only move one time no more...

I use many of your pluggin and I appreciate them. The idea of using your pathfinder seem great.

- Did you pathfinder can look deeper then 12 tiles?

Curently I put pathfinder in event start movement. IT's logical when we change dayperiod inside a map, but did't make sense when we entering a map and they are not already placed.. Any way with your script to instead of making event move to the path, if the map was just loaded then automaticly teleport them to the place?

Thanks for your help.

12. XGuarden

XGuarden Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    I found something, mayb a bug.... or maybe me... If you can hlp explain me this unusual working way...

The video talk by himself, the first part work, but the part with the code I show you did't work at all, NPC disapear randomly.

Thanks for your help.

View attachment Screen 01-23-2017 18-34-28.avi

13. Hudell

Hudell Dog Lord Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

I have a separate plugin to increase the limit. It should work with my "MoveCharacterTo" and also Shaz's pathfinding plugin. It'll probably work with some others too.

It will also affect the default mouse and touch movement of the player character.

Not automatically. My sugesstion would be to have an auto run event change the position of the events when the player enters the map.

XGuarden likes this.
  14. XGuarden

XGuarden Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French

It's exactly what I try to avoid, because that will take a lot more time to develope game. That force me to set position on every event on the map by their id.

SO easy to get buggy.

Did we hav the right to pay a coder for add functionality to your script? Bcause I really need this one lol.

I almost forgot, Did you take a look in the video? It's look like a big how path finder react? no?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2017
  15. Hudell

Hudell Dog Lord Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Well, of course you can modify the plugin. I haven't had a chance to look into the bug on the video yet. 

16. XGuarden

XGuarden Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    OK, hop you can soon. It's seem that when it was used inside a moveroute comande, he continue execution of the next code without waiting to finish the current one.

It's what it's seem.

17. Hudell

Hudell Dog Lord Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Ah, yes, that makes sense.

I eventually created a way to wait for the character to stop walking before executing the next command, but I never included it on this plugin.

I just added another post-it note here to do that when I get a chance.

18. XGuarden

XGuarden Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Maybe dding another parameter wait(true false) on the command. This function exist in other path finder, so I guess if you take a look on their code you can find a fast way for that. I don't know if that will broke compatibiity with older version of script as I did't know if javascript autorize optional parameter.

19. Hudell

Hudell Dog Lord Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yeah, I already wrote the code for this on my own game, I just need to copy it from there.

XGuarden likes this.
  20. XGuarden

XGuarden Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Can we use region ID to block NPC from walking in some place.

Becaus they look for shortest way, but that also mean they will walk on grass instead of using road. 

So putting a specific region_id will block them from walking where it's not beauty.

Thanks.

I guess the best idea was to give to npc a existing path with a specific region id and he follow it and do pathfinder inside autorized path. Only mov outside the path if require. That will drasticaly lower computation requirement no?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2017