Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, there!

Well my issue is quite simple, but at the same time it's keeping me from progressing in my game.

I'm using the Orange Overlay plugin, and -as you may know- you can have several layers in a Parallax Map, such as:
Shadow
Light
Par
(The Overlay)
Ground

Not long ago I learned "Coloring techniques" in photoshop, by using this "Color Lookup" Adjustment Layer. This allows you to give your composition a color grading, which I would like to use as the Light layer.

Now, the problem is that the Color Lookup effect applies as a transparent layer to everything below it, BUT, if I isolate the layer, its totally transparent. This means that if I export it as a "Light" to RPG Maker, it wont be visible in the game.

Explanatory images below:

Parallax Map with the "Color Lookup" turned off
Layer 1.png

Parallax Map with the "Color Lookup" On
Layer 2.png

If I turn everything transparent but the color lookup, there is nothing.
Layer 3.png

This is a problem because the player or Npcs are not affected by the light, and it looks... bad.
Layer4.png

My goal here is to make the Color Lookup something visible, tangible; that I can individually export as a light layer to my game.

I am quite sure there is a solution, I would be eternally grateful if someone can help me with this.
Thanks!!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Arcade-Style RPGM Games? RM2k3 Game Jam & Synth-Retro Music by Azakaela | RPG Maker News #39

Just evented my first minigame, no plugins~ :kaojoy:
I feel still screenshots don't do my game justice. the characters don't move, but the filter over them does...
Wonder if this year, there be more MZ plugin than MV or that MZ is still small compare to whole MV collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WaterIce455