Krimer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Ukrainian
Well, I'll try to upload a version without this option checked. It might take a few hours tho, my Internet is very slow.
No need to upload anything, i will try to check with any other pictures.

Krimer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Ukrainian
@4rc4n3 try this link
I have done some changes in plugin, because plugin works only when all map notes present, i changed it

Changes are made in those lines
441, 444, 488, 491, 539, 542

Before i made the changes it was like this
cab9d5c358d04c7e7a26bc8ed29cde51.png
After changes it will work in any cases

Last edited:

4rc4n3

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
@4rc4n3 try this link
I have done some changes in plugin, because plugin works only when all map notes present, i changed it

Changes are made in those lines
441, 444, 488, 491, 539, 542

Before i made the changes it was like this
cab9d5c358d04c7e7a26bc8ed29cde51.png
After changes it will work in any cases

Thank you so much. It worked the first time I tried, I don't have much time at the moment but the first test was succesful. A big, very big thank you.

Tsukitsune

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thanks for fixing it @Krimer ! You mind if I add your version to the DL link on the front page?

4rc4n3

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Allright, tested it a bit more, it works very well.

There are still two things I would like to understand a bit better.

First,

Code:
<ground>

<animate_ground: 14, 10 >

works very nicely. However,

Code:
<ground>

<animate_ground: 15, 10 >

is static. Or any higher number in fact. Is the script capped? Can't I go over 14 in the map note?

Here is my folder in case we're wondering, but it should be just the same.

Capture.PNG

The second point is that I've notice a small delay before the script runs properly. It sometimes take 3-4 seconds to ''load'' and then it works. It's nothing I can't bypass via fading out and eventing a bit with cinematics, but I'm wondering what may be causing this.

Thank you very much!

Cascha

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So i am new to parallax stuff.
Everything what i tried worked fine so far.
But for me it is really annoying that i can only see the parallax when i play the game.
Is it possible to see the parallax in the event editor?

SimProse

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Anyhow, as I was trying to get the plugin to run in my project, I stumbled across a problem.
I want to have a different parallax-layer for every map of my project.

Does the par[id] match the ID of the map itself?

Tsukitsune

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Allright, tested it a bit more, it works very well.

There are still two things I would like to understand a bit better.

First,

Code:
<ground>

<animate_ground: 14, 10 >

works very nicely. However,

Code:
<ground>

<animate_ground: 15, 10 >

is static. Or any higher number in fact. Is the script capped? Can't I go over 14 in the map note?

Here is my folder in case we're wondering, but it should be just the same.

View attachment 70838

The second point is that I've notice a small delay before the script runs properly. It sometimes take 3-4 seconds to ''load'' and then it works. It's nothing I can't bypass via fading out and eventing a bit with cinematics, but I'm wondering what may be causing this.

Thank you very much!
I've never tried anything beyond 3, so it might be capped. What's the reason you're using so many layers?

As for the 3-4 seconds, it's probably because you have so many animated layers and the game takes a few seconds to process everything. Try testing with 2 animated layers and try another map with 14.

So i am new to parallax stuff.
Everything what i tried worked fine so far.
But for me it is really annoying that i can only see the parallax when i play the game.
Is it possible to see the parallax in the event editor?
Save your map and add it to your map properties, parallax, view in editor.

4rc4n3

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
I've never tried anything beyond 3, so it might be capped. What's the reason you're using so many layers?

As for the 3-4 seconds, it's probably because you have so many animated layers and the game takes a few seconds to process everything. Try testing with 2 animated layers and try another map with 14.

Well, the animation is much more fluid with more frame, isn't it? Or is there a way to make pretty animations without having to change everything all the time?

Chaos17

Dreamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Hi,

Is there a way to tie an animated parallax to a switch ? I want to make a sewer where the water will disappear after I press a switch in game. I know that Yami script for Ace allowed to use a switch if you want to go night or day version.

Tsukitsune

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Well, the animation is much more fluid with more frame, isn't it? Or is there a way to make pretty animations without having to change everything all the time?
Depends on what you're animating. If you're animating single objects, just use events or animated doodads. If the entire floor is animated like water, then use the animated parallax plugin. Even still you only need 3-4 frames at most. Post some screenshots and I may be able to give some better suggestions.

Hi,

Is there a way to tie an animated parallax to a switch ? I want to make a sewer where the water will disappear after I press a switch in game. I know that Yami script for Ace allowed to use a switch if you want to go night or day version.
Just make an event trigger if X switch is on, in the event contents use the plugin commands to switch between different versions. Also make sure that the animated notetags are in the map properties.

Ex. put these in map properties:
<ground> This will call the ground parallax file for whatever map you're on, in this example it'll call ground31
<animate_ground: 3, 10 >

Make new event:
a93a3a05288a585b94f6888ae38e42f1.png

That plugin command will change the ground parallax layer to ground31-1

Isabella Ava

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I confirmed Animated Parallax plugin causes problem with Plugin Command (menu - tab3)
or At least with Yanfly Minilabel Plugin and Mouse Disable Plugin of Shaz

Pots Talos

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've just recently tried out the animated parallax and it worked great, thank you so much!

Unfortunately I did run into an issue when used with Yanflys ItemSynthesis. Anytime I open a crafting shop window I get this crash while the "Tsukitsune_animatedOverlayAddon" plugin is turned ON.

Craft_Crash.PNG

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Chaos17

Dreamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Depends on what you're animating. If you're animating single objects, just use events or animated doodads. If the entire floor is animated like water, then use the animated parallax plugin. Even still you only need 3-4 frames at most. Post some screenshots and I may be able to give some better suggestions.

Just make an event trigger if X switch is on, in the event contents use the plugin commands to switch between different versions. Also make sure that the animated notetags are in the map properties.

Ex. put these in map properties:
<ground> This will call the ground parallax file for whatever map you're on, in this example it'll call ground31
<animate_ground: 3, 10 >

Make new event:
a93a3a05288a585b94f6888ae38e42f1.png

That plugin command will change the ground parallax layer to ground31-1

Thank you for that reply, I didn't know I could do that, thank you!

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This plugin is amazing! Now I have the freedom to add as much water to my maps as I want. Thank you for that!

I've just recently tried out the animated parallax and it worked great, thank you so much!

Unfortunately I did run into an issue when used with Yanflys ItemSynthesis. Anytime I open a crafting shop window I get this crash while the "Tsukitsune_animatedOverlayAddon" plugin is turned ON.

View attachment 71961

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Sadly I run into the same "cannot read property 'trim' of undefined" error, but for me it's related to some camera control and interface plugins. It happens whenever I enter a map that ISN'T animated.

Screenshot_331.png

Did I do something wrong? Thanks in advance!

4rc4n3

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses

Well instead of screenshots, here is the technical demo on the difficulties I'm having. What we want to do on our project is to have waves crashing on a beach. I believe the version linked has an event to turn into night in PP, feel free to disable it on the bottom left. We can't really work the rest of our map until we fix this ''issue'' or at least know how to exploit the plugin better.

The water should and will be animated too, more than that, but so far we're trying to focus on the waves crashing. You'll see the animation skip some frames at the end, when the waves withdraw. These are the 3 missing frames I can't get to run because of the supposed cap. The ''ground_'' are in the file, as you will see, but the map note only accept 13 if I want it to run, so some are not used.

The issue could be that everything is on the ground layer, but so far we haven't messed up with other parallaxes or anything. I guess it could be possible to have the waves/water on a layer and the beach on an other but I'm unsure how it would help.

If you have any suggestions on how to have wave crashing an other, easier way, feel (very!) free to suggest. Enjoy!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6fShobDLmyTMXRZelZLdU90Nk0

4rc4n3

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
If no one can fix the issues, could someone try the demo to actually confirm I'm not the only one having problems here?

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

just when I thought one of the greatest game of all time couldn't get any better, they announce a new dlc for it.
For anyone interested: there's another huge humble bundle with JRPG assets + a game jam starting next month - it's for a good cause, so check it out <3
Turning a specific vibe into reality is incredibly difficult. For instance, this song is one of the ones I listen to when working on my post apocalyptic project, and getting it's "feeling" into the game has been a real challenge.

I don't just wanna regurgitate the numbers I see, I wanna actually understand the calculations I'm making so I'm probably gonna make a post later with some calculations and what I THINK they mean to get some advice and corrections.

Edit: All (Most) of these will be tested in game prior. I just wanna make sure I understand what's going on under the hood if you will.
my girlfriend calls all my little chibi art cute lol... funny considering that wasn't the original art style of the game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TsumiYZ