bragatrosco

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I was unable to make this plugin work for both maps tag and event plugin.

I followed the instructions using a ground map and 5 par layers named as indicated (par1, par1_0, ...) .

My RMMV is 1.6.2

bragatrosco

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I was unable to make this plugin work for both maps tag and event plugin.

I followed the instructions using a ground map and 5 par layers named as indicated (par1, par1_0, ...) .

My RMMV is 1.6.2

I would never think of changing the order of the plugins. Searching in previous posts I saw a case like this. I put Orange as the first plugin and Animated Overlay afterwards and to my surprise ... it worked!

DiasFlac

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey! Sorry if this has already been fixed or whatever :D
I'm noticing on a map of mine that has scrolling, the front par layer sort of jitters when moving, making it look kinda like screen tearing around those areas. Wondering if anyone knows why that might be?

Were you able to find any fix for this? I'm noticing it pretty bad myself, I'm considering just limiting animated maps to not needing to scroll for this reason. It's not ideal, but should get me past this limiation.

DiasFlac

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Were you able to find any fix for this? I'm noticing it pretty bad myself, I'm considering just limiting animated maps to not needing to scroll for this reason. It's not ideal, but should get me past this limiation.

I've found Chaucer's Scene Stabilizer script to fix this issue (thread here). I had to add my animated parallax images to the Persistent Assets to get the skipping fully resolved, but it now works great!

superisk

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Does anyone know of a way to change the ground overlay to BELOW tilemap, rather than above it, please?!

DemonBlooded

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi! having an error on version 1.0.4 of the animated plugin.
I have a transition between room 10 and room 11 I need to have it so you can leave and come back to this area.
Room 11 has 14 different animation frames. (Animated items floating up and down)
Room 10 has 4 different animation frames. (light flicker)
1623001136258.png1623001116202.png1623001246843.png

If I go from 10 to 11 everything is fine but if I go from 11 to 10 I encounter an error where in tries to call a par that does not exist and is not labelled to call. As you can see above room 10 has 4 frames to call and only those 4 frames exist yet the error will say things like this.
1623001626787.png1623001643471.png

These pars do not exist and are not being called by me. Given this only happens when going from the room with more pars to a room with less I think the game is trying to load the same frame number you leave from but for a different room which for obvious reasons is causing issues. Please let me know if anyone is having the same issues and how to fix it.

Thank you :3

Attachments

• 1623001023836.png
    1623001023836.png
    107.2 KB · Views: 0

DemonBlooded

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Does anyone know of a way to change the ground overlay to BELOW tilemap, rather than above it, please?!

You can use the in game parallax to do that. It's more hands on and annoying but it works.
1623002223054.png1623002246125.png1623002269071.pngThen to animate just make a command that looks something like this 1623002365691.png

woozlindemon

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi all,

I'm still very new to RPG Maker MV, but am attempting to make some custom maps, and several videos have pointed me to this Orange Overlay one.
I used Bind Picture To Map, and it worked well for one map, but the second one I tried, it slowed down like crazy. Lag-tastic. So some of the resources I've been digging through suggested that Orange Overlay does all the same stuff, but is better.

That said, I'm not really sure how to use it, and haven't been able to find a good tutorial in english.
I've made an Overlays directory in IMGs,
1623970330091.png
and have Organized Folders set to true.

I thought that if I did this
1623970396606.png

Maybe it would work, but its just telling me that its failing to load ground007.png.

Any help or directions to a good walkthrough onm how to use this would be greatly appreciated (or if there's an easier way, but this one seems to be pretty popular).

Thanks in advance,

Tom

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Tiamat-86 wrote on Andar's profile.
tfw just trying to help and get yelled at. /comfort
:LZSooo: Gotcha Gotcha Games... have launched an official discord server for RPG Maker. :LZSooo:

doodled a poring today :kaoluv:
uc
Fire-Emblem Style Level Up System, Boost on Class Change, And Animated Arrows | RPG Maker News #115

Why keyboards don't sleep? Because they have two shifts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuza_re