Orange Overlay

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by Hudell, Jun 14, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Noctis

Noctis Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Filipino
    Is there a way in the plugin to place the ground parallax below the normal tiles in the maker and not above it?

2. Hudell

Hudell Dog Lord Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey guys, sorry for the late reply. I have been a little sick this week.

I'll fix the bugs and implement the requested features this weekend.

Mojaeng and Iliketea like this.
  3. Roscalin

Roscalin ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )つ──☆*:・゚ Veteran

First Language:
    English
    No Problem! hope you get well ^_^

4. padr81

padr81 Guy whose game is taking too long. Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I'm having a slight issue where everything is displaying a few pixels right of where it should be.

5. Ashouse

Ashouse Resident Zombie Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Just a curiosity, it seems you guys aren't experiencing huge ram ussage with parallaxing (the kind that causes the game to freeze and the computer to crash). I know I'm not alone in this problem, and have a temporary fix until the new mv release comes out. Just wondering as it seems like many people simply don't have this problem. Has a fix been released that I have missed? Been too busy working on a game to pour through the forums lately.

Edit: It's my old graphics card and no OpenGL support. For anyone else having this problem, all you have to do is run your game from the index.html file in Firefox or Chrome. Problem solved with latest version of MV. Firefox and Chrome have built in support for OpenGL (or WebGL, or whatever). Your memory usage will drop dramatically.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  6. rainycrystal

rainycrystal Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    I have KSU_Parallax_Smoothing at the bottom of my plugin list and your OrangeOverlay plugin just above that. I've switched over from Kaus Ultimate Overlay, and I was told that I wouldn't have to change anything but the plugin. However, when I changed over to your OrangeOverlay plugin and kept the same settings (i.e. switch ID numbers for the overlays, organized folders, quickstart, etc.) none of my images worked. I call them all through parallal process events.

I've also read that all image file names must end with the number of the map they are displayed in. So I renamed one of my image's to keep the name (e.g., SomeRandomImage) and just added the 004 to it to make it SomeRandomImage004. But that didn't work, so I tried: SomeRandomImage4. That didn't work. Whatever manipulation of the name of the image I do in the folder, I always do the same thing in the plugin command contained within the parallel process event.

Nothing seems to work. Any suggestions?

7. Vaelen Nox

Vaelen Nox Villager Member

First Language:
    german
    -- can be deleted --

had a problem with the parallax which was offset, but it was a kinda strange Photoshop bug which saved the png wrong..

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2016
  8. LethalAurora

LethalAurora Warper Member

First Language:
    Lithuanian
    Hello! Thank you so much for such a great script, but I was wondering if it were somehow possible to have a second ground overlay that would go under the first one?  I'd be forever grateful. 

9. willoneill

willoneill Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hi Hudell,

This is a great plugin, as I would also like to not use Kaus' stuff, but his had additional parameters which ensured that it could co-exist with the Terrax Lighting plugin. Could you add that feature to yours as well?

Thanks!

10. Szandor

Szandor Warper Member

First Language:
    Swedish
    Great plugin, but it would be great to have a bit more documentation. What blend modes are available and which number corresponds to which mode?

On that note, I couldn't get the plugin to change the blend modes so I looked into the file and noticed a typo in the variable on line 172 that stopped it from working. I assumed that "fodBlendCommand" should be "fogBlendCommand", I changed it and now it works for me.

Edit: Actually, now the fog layer just uses the light layer blend mode no matter what number I use.

Keep up the good work!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2016
  11. Asphyxiate9

Asphyxiate9 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    I've made a game with three very basic time settings being Day, Evening, and Night, controlled via a variable. Is it possible to use this plugin to load a different shadow / fog / lights overlay when changing the variable?

I could just make the same map three times, it's a bit of a pain and I will do that if this plugin cant do it.

BigToastie likes this.
  12. Prescott

Prescott argggghhh Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Hudell is this plugin compatible with your time system? I don't want to use your lighting system because I want to customize the lights a bit more than what that would allow, but I still want to have your time system able to be used. If I could use this to swap out parallaxes and such depending on the time of day/season it would be perfect.

Say I wanted to have a light layer, a shadow layer, and a lantern... where the light layer goes over the shadow layer, and the lantern around the player goes over the light layer.

Is that possible with this plugin? Can anybody elaborate?

13. Iliketea

Iliketea Tea lover Veteran

First Language:
    German
    @Asphyxiate9

You can change the layer images via a plugin command

However, that doesnt seem to work at the moment unless @Hudell changed that. 

Asphyxiate9 likes this.
  14. BigToastie

BigToastie Veteran Veteran

Looking at this, as well as a few of your other scripts to implement as they look good and pretty straight forward :)

Does anyone know where I can source additional overlays?

@Asphyxiate9

couldn't you do an event that runs on maps you want it too so If Day (run plugin) Else If Afternoon (run plugin) Else If Night (run plugin)

?

I have events running from my hour variables on my time system for things to appear / doors to lock etc. so should work well with the  plugins running (i'd assume)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2016
    Asphyxiate9 likes this.
  15. Arcmagik

Arcmagik Game Developer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thank you for this plugin! I am wonder though as I am getting this strange error where my overlay is fracturing and creating visible lines in the graphics. 

[​IMG]

This might be something that was covered in a certain other Overlay Plugin, but I just returned after a hiatus so learning parallaxing was new to me so this is the only plugin that I've used so if the fix is somewhere else already let me know!

The odd part is I only get the fracturing after a certain point... if I am on 1 side of the map everything is smooth once I pass a certain point on the map it fractures... could that mean the map is to big?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2016
  16. Arcmagik

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I figured out my own issue... I wasn't using <ground> layer as I was just putting the parallax image in the editor, but with <ground> I am no longer getting the strange "tear". Next I need to remove the ground layer trees so that it doesn't all come out sharp as hell because of the double image overlay...

Thanks for the plugin, Hudell!

17. Siul

Siul Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    I was just wondering if you would mind to add the fog (or any image) depth feature as de KSU had, so we can use them more dynamically. Thanks in advance and thanks for your script.

18. bsides

bsides Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    It's currently bugged in MV 1.3

[​IMG]

The line 242 refers to:

[​IMG]

Maybe it's because of recent additions on Spriteset? Anyone confirm?

EDIT: Not a bug! It was a mistake made in my index.html file. If you're experiencing this, check 

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2016
  19. Arcmagik

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I am not having any issues with my maps in 1.3 and of all the issues there only a single one of them appears to be related to OrangeOverlay so I can't really help there. I can only confirm that I haven't been running into any issues right now. Matter of fact I am getting that strange thing where some of the tiles black out at the edge of the map as you are moving on it ONLY in my editor test maps... my Parallax Maps are still working perfectly.

20. bsides

bsides Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Im sorry, it was a mistake made in my index.html file. It's not a bug! Thank you anyway :)