Orange Overlay

Noctis

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
Is there a way in the plugin to place the ground parallax below the normal tiles in the maker and not above it?

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey guys, sorry for the late reply. I have been a little sick this week.

I'll fix the bugs and implement the requested features this weekend.

Roscalin

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )つ──☆*:・゚
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
No Problem! hope you get well ^_^

padr81

Guy whose game is taking too long.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'm having a slight issue where everything is displaying a few pixels right of where it should be.

Ashouse

Resident Zombie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Just a curiosity, it seems you guys aren't experiencing huge ram ussage with parallaxing (the kind that causes the game to freeze and the computer to crash). I know I'm not alone in this problem, and have a temporary fix until the new mv release comes out. Just wondering as it seems like many people simply don't have this problem. Has a fix been released that I have missed? Been too busy working on a game to pour through the forums lately.

Edit: It's my old graphics card and no OpenGL support. For anyone else having this problem, all you have to do is run your game from the index.html file in Firefox or Chrome. Problem solved with latest version of MV. Firefox and Chrome have built in support for OpenGL (or WebGL, or whatever). Your memory usage will drop dramatically.

Last edited by a moderator:

rainycrystal

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I have KSU_Parallax_Smoothing at the bottom of my plugin list and your OrangeOverlay plugin just above that. I've switched over from Kaus Ultimate Overlay, and I was told that I wouldn't have to change anything but the plugin. However, when I changed over to your OrangeOverlay plugin and kept the same settings (i.e. switch ID numbers for the overlays, organized folders, quickstart, etc.) none of my images worked. I call them all through parallal process events.

I've also read that all image file names must end with the number of the map they are displayed in. So I renamed one of my image's to keep the name (e.g., SomeRandomImage) and just added the 004 to it to make it SomeRandomImage004. But that didn't work, so I tried: SomeRandomImage4. That didn't work. Whatever manipulation of the name of the image I do in the folder, I always do the same thing in the plugin command contained within the parallel process event.

Nothing seems to work. Any suggestions?

Vaelen Nox

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
-- can be deleted --

had a problem with the parallax which was offset, but it was a kinda strange Photoshop bug which saved the png wrong..

LethalAurora

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Lithuanian
Primarily Uses
Hello! Thank you so much for such a great script, but I was wondering if it were somehow possible to have a second ground overlay that would go under the first one?  I'd be forever grateful. 

willoneill

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hi Hudell,

This is a great plugin, as I would also like to not use Kaus' stuff, but his had additional parameters which ensured that it could co-exist with the Terrax Lighting plugin. Could you add that feature to yours as well?

Thanks!

Szandor

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
Great plugin, but it would be great to have a bit more documentation. What blend modes are available and which number corresponds to which mode?

On that note, I couldn't get the plugin to change the blend modes so I looked into the file and noticed a typo in the variable on line 172 that stopped it from working. I assumed that "fodBlendCommand" should be "fogBlendCommand", I changed it and now it works for me.

Edit: Actually, now the fog layer just uses the light layer blend mode no matter what number I use.

Keep up the good work!

Asphyxiate9

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I've made a game with three very basic time settings being Day, Evening, and Night, controlled via a variable. Is it possible to use this plugin to load a different shadow / fog / lights overlay when changing the variable?

I could just make the same map three times, it's a bit of a pain and I will do that if this plugin cant do it.

Prescott

argggghhh
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Hudell is this plugin compatible with your time system? I don't want to use your lighting system because I want to customize the lights a bit more than what that would allow, but I still want to have your time system able to be used. If I could use this to swap out parallaxes and such depending on the time of day/season it would be perfect.

Say I wanted to have a light layer, a shadow layer, and a lantern... where the light layer goes over the shadow layer, and the lantern around the player goes over the light layer.

Is that possible with this plugin? Can anybody elaborate?

BigToastie

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Looking at this, as well as a few of your other scripts to implement as they look good and pretty straight forward :)

Does anyone know where I can source additional overlays?

@Asphyxiate9

couldn't you do an event that runs on maps you want it too so If Day (run plugin) Else If Afternoon (run plugin) Else If Night (run plugin)

?

I have events running from my hour variables on my time system for things to appear / doors to lock etc. so should work well with the  plugins running (i'd assume)

Arcmagik

Game Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you for this plugin! I am wonder though as I am getting this strange error where my overlay is fracturing and creating visible lines in the graphics. 

This might be something that was covered in a certain other Overlay Plugin, but I just returned after a hiatus so learning parallaxing was new to me so this is the only plugin that I've used so if the fix is somewhere else already let me know!

The odd part is I only get the fracturing after a certain point... if I am on 1 side of the map everything is smooth once I pass a certain point on the map it fractures... could that mean the map is to big?

Arcmagik

Game Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I figured out my own issue... I wasn't using <ground> layer as I was just putting the parallax image in the editor, but with <ground> I am no longer getting the strange "tear". Next I need to remove the ground layer trees so that it doesn't all come out sharp as hell because of the double image overlay...

Thanks for the plugin, Hudell!

Siul

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
I was just wondering if you would mind to add the fog (or any image) depth feature as de KSU had, so we can use them more dynamically. Thanks in advance and thanks for your script.

bsides

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
It's currently bugged in MV 1.3

The line 242 refers to:

Maybe it's because of recent additions on Spriteset? Anyone confirm?

EDIT: Not a bug! It was a mistake made in my index.html file. If you're experiencing this, check 

Arcmagik

Game Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am not having any issues with my maps in 1.3 and of all the issues there only a single one of them appears to be related to OrangeOverlay so I can't really help there. I can only confirm that I haven't been running into any issues right now. Matter of fact I am getting that strange thing where some of the tiles black out at the edge of the map as you are moving on it ONLY in my editor test maps... my Parallax Maps are still working perfectly.

bsides

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Im sorry, it was a mistake made in my index.html file. It's not a bug! Thank you anyway :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Just going to leave this here because a lot of people here don't seem to understand the scope of what is going on:
My book/game tackles racism alot so I've been watching the news and social media absorbing everything as unbiasedly as I can for research but as a proud Caribbean black man my emotions are a whirlwind right now.
I discovered the new English word "Secular religion" today It is an oxymoron word. Now, I wonder how many English words create per year? According to Global Language Monitor, around 5,400 new words are created every year; it's only the 1,000 or so deemed to be sufficiently widespread use that makes it into print. [I think it probably slangs or combines words] :kaoluv:
Is it normal that I love a game that I can't even play due to how bad I'm at it?
Anyone have advice for recruiting friends to bugtest with you? I had some buddies volunteer without me asking, and we agreed on dates and times... and they all just flaked...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lehamme