Orange Overlay

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by Hudell, Jun 14, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Ringtale Games

Ringtale Games Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    I'm assuming this may have been answered, but i cant find the answer... Is there any way to make sure an event is ABOVE the PAR or SHADOW layers?

I use those layers to go above my characters, but there are moving set peices that i need to have above said layers. Any ideas?

2. xCanopYx

xCanopYx Warper Member

First Language:
    norwegian
    Is there away to implement a character layer? A layer that is on the same layer as characters

3. Iliketea

Iliketea Tea lover Veteran

First Language:
    German
    @Hudell Sorry but did you fix the plugin commands yet?

That is kinda an important feature of this plugin.

Prescott likes this.
  4. Prescott

Prescott argggghhh Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Iliketea apparently he's left this site for the time being and isn't updating his plugins at all, while instead working on his own game.

We just need people to make better versions of these I suppose, since basically every plugin I've used of his has some sort of bug or highly requested feature that will most likely never be implemented because of this.

Maybe somebody can try and get a hold of him and ask if they can patch it up?

Iliketea likes this.
  5. Iliketea

Iliketea Tea lover Veteran

First Language:
    German
    @Prescott Thats strange, I see him commenting on his other plugins quite frequently...  but right now there unfortunately is no alternative to this plugin or is there :/?  

6. RHachicho

RHachicho Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Ah dammit! I was just going to come in and say I had an issue. I am operating at higher res. And it seems to create some weirdness. Since the lighting effects bind to the map. I have tried creating a file big enough that it covers the whole map. But that still results in some cutoff. As far as I know the rpgmakermv tile size is 48 right? which means an 80x80 map would require a 3840x3840 png to cover the entire map. Just as a test I did this. Now obviously I'm not gonna fill my game with 150mb png files. But It STILL didn't cover the whole map. The plugin seems to refuse to tile anything but fog outside the default screen area of RPGMaker MV.

Oh well .. at least the fogs work fine. Maybe I could just use that. Of course that means that I wont be able to use fog and other effects in the same map.

Of course this is my first time using these overlays so if i am just making a noob mistake please let me know. But using the fog function for lighting at least seems to give me some functionality.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2016
  7. Hudell

Hudell Dog Lord Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I do comment on the threads when I have a chance (usually when I'm on the train). The problem with Orange Overlay is that it was made only to help those people that didn't want to use Kaus Overlay anymore because of his issues, but that already had made many maps using it. I won't be adding features that his script didn't have because there are many other overlay plugins out there that can be used.

Right now I'm not even touching my own game very much because of some personal issues. When I get the chance to sit down and use a computer again, I want to fix the plugin commands that I left totally broken.

Iliketea likes this.
  8. RHachicho

RHachicho Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    There are other plugins that do this? I was told this was the only 1 with this kind of functionality. If someone knows an alternative with high res support i'll use that instead. Otherwise would you be averse to me commissioning an edit of this plugin so it works with high res? Maybe even do some of the plugin command fixing XD. No offense to you at all but I kind of want this plugin to be fixed before you "get around to it." :)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2016
  9. Hudell

Hudell Dog Lord Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    All of my plugins are free for any kind of use. You can commission someone to modify them. If you want, you can also submit the changes as a Pull Request on github, so I can integrate them on the main plugin for other to use, but you can also keep the changes to yourself.

10. Ringtale Games

First Language:
    english
    1st thing I wanna say is: hudell, I really really hope everything in your personal life is going well! 

2nd thing RHACHICHO

I'm totally down for pitching in to commission someone to update this plug in. It's my favorite by far bit is lacking some things I really need. 

11. rainycrystal

rainycrystal Villager Member

First Language:
    English

Bumping this message. I didn't catch any responses to it yet. Would be very curious what I'm doing wrong. Thanks, guys!

12. Ringtale Games

First Language:
    english

@rainycrystal

This link quick video should help you solve your problem. Keep in mind once you've watched this, you do not include the "0" before the number of the map ID.

For example, MapID:003 would just be "3".

That will make more sense after the video.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2016
  13. Pollux

Pollux Villager Member

First Language:
    French
    Code:
    Hello everyone, I have a problem with fogs , when I go to the menu , that makes disappear the Fog. anyone have a solution to this problem ? you also this problem?

14. rainycrystal

First Language:
    English
    I've always had a problem on my machine with Kaus Ultimate Overlay layers disappearing on me when I hit the Esc key. Usually you get to the menu screen by hitting the Esc key. Try hitting it to bypass dialogue or text boxes (which won't call the menu screen) and see if you have the same problem. If so, then it is the same as mine. And I really have no clue how to solve it. Orange Overlay is very similar to Kaus Ultimate Overlay. The creators should know how to fix it or if it's fixable.

15. rainycrystal

First Language:
    English
    So I ended up fixing the problem, and this is what I did (disclaimer: I have version 1.1.2):

You need to have the following folders (if your images are organized):

overlays

fogs

grounds

lights

pars

shadows

Your images need to be named ground2 if you place it in your grounds folder and it's to be applied to MAP002. *The image name cannot be fancykingdom2 or ground002, etc.

Next you place <ground> in the Note section of your map's properties. *Even though the folder name is 'grounds', don't put <grounds> in the Note section. Leave the 's' off.

And that worked for me. The images are displaying properly. In fact, hitting the escape key while in game doesn't remove the parallax mapping images from the screen anymore either.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  16. ardav

ardav Warper Member

First Language:
    Eng
    I also had a similar problem where the fog image disappears after you display menu. In the problem case I was using a parallel event on the map and calling plugin command like this "Overlay fog filename opacity xMove yMove blendmode duration". This would initially display the fog but then loses it if you go to menu by hitting Escape or X. But when I removed that command and set these in the map notes

<fogName:fog1> 
    <fogOpacity:100> 
    <fogBlend:0>  
    <fogDuration: 20> 
    <xMove:2>  
    <yMove: 1> 

It no longer disappears after you go to menu.

rainycrystal likes this.
  17. Ringtale Games

First Language:
    english
    I'm so happy my video helped steer you on the right path! Sorry it wasn't a total fix, I'm not really good at explaining things! If you need help again let me know :)

rainycrystal likes this.
  18. SimProse

SimProse Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    My game isn't using 1.3.1, but the version of my software is (don't know if that matters), and the parallax map stuff gets removed when I press ESC (aside from the main menu), even with that special separated folder structure. Anyone solved this yet?

Hmm, odd. If I transport to the opening map from a picture, then go onto an event, when the event clears using a switch, all the <par> and <light> stuff disppears. The event does nothing besides set a few switches and clear itself. Anyone had this?

Edit - Figured it out. Turns out the plugin uses specific switch numbers that, if changed for something else, mess up the display of the parallaxing stuff. Wish it were documented a bit better.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2016
  19. JRibbons

JRibbons Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I'm using this plugin and my images work fine on Mac and PC deployment EXCEPT when deployed for web and played through browsers, which is when I get this error message:

fail to load: img/overlays/pars/par11.png

Any ideas?

20. ardav

ardav Warper Member

First Language:
    Eng
    Copy and paste the image file manually.