Orange Overlay

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by Hudell, Jun 14, 2016.

Tags:
  1. JRibbons

JRibbons Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    ardav the file is there. It hasn't disappeared. So it's not a problem with it not being included during deployment, but something in the plugin not working in a browser environment...I think...

2. Ser Gob

Ser Gob Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Is it just me or the plugin command to change the overlay (Overlay layertype filename) not working? I tried with kaus' version and it worked.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2016
  3. Pollux

Pollux Villager Member

First Language:
    French

Code:
    Hello, the <par> is by default over flying object/events. Anyone know how reduce priority of <par>?
    is anoying when we wants put birds or other flyings objects/event.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2016
  4. radajin

radajin Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I was just wondering on some planned features i was using the Kauss overlay plug-in until I got caught up with that situation. In his plug-in you could use regions to set the bush effect to make it look like you were in tall grass, but i was also hoping for a to be able to assign a region number to allow the player to "move behind" objects I know this can be done through paralaxing but it would help tremendously to not have to have that extra paralax on the top layer above the player and be able to control it through regions as well as paralaxing.

Just some examples maybe using this as part of the upper part of a wall to move behind the wall. or to put it on a part of a cliff to move behind cliffs and such.

5. Ashouse

Ashouse Resident Zombie Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    @Unless you did it a certain way, you would have major problems with this. You would need the graphic to take up the entire tile, mostly defeating the purpose of mapping this way. So if you had a tree, you wanted to walk behind, and you set up regions near the top part of it, it would look like the character is walking behind the ground and the tree. There would be no way for the editor to detect edges of images like statues, light poles, ect. You'd need everything you need to walk behind to be perfectly square and fill the entire grid square.

6. bsides

bsides Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Just a quick question: would it be possible to assign several ids for bush title? I mean, with paralax it'd be a nice addition since it's not always the same R we're using. If it's not possible right now, can I add and post here? 

Thanks for the plugin by the way ^^

EDIT: I couldn't add it. Even transforming the plugin preference in an array and changing the function to loop through it, the way it's receiving the id isn't optimal for the array. Could anyone help me with this?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2016
  7. 4rc4n3

4rc4n3 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Hi, I've been on OP's website and it seems he is done with plugins. Is there an equivalent of this one working for the latest MV version? I can't find a good parallax plugins anywhere.

8. Ashouse

Ashouse Resident Zombie Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    As far as I know Kaus ultimate overlay is the only complete one.    

People have used "bind pictures to map" too, but when i tried that i had HORRIBLE ram issues. Someone was working on a replacement for kaus, due to a sort of kaus boycott (long story), but it got abandoned i think. The plugin works well, or did in 1.3.1 I don't know for sure now.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2016
  9. kindaw

kindaw Warper Member

Hello!

I don't know if this is just happening with me, but for some reason my fog layer is disappearing when my cutscene ends. I'm guessing it has to do with my player being transferred to another spot within the same map right before you can control it again? The map I transfer to after that level never has its fog layer show up at all either. Otherwise, the ground and par layers are working great.

Also, is there a way to put the fog layer between the par and the ground layer in specific maps?

10. padr81

padr81 Guy whose game is taking too long. Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I know this isn't supported anymore but I have an issue where having this on causes my doodads from Yanfly's plugin to flash like crazy, only 1 or 2 on every map.  I've narrowed it down to this plugin for def and i've tried it both above and below the doodad plugin to no avail.  Any help would be much appreciated.

11. LMichelle

LMichelle Villager Member

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi!

I can't seem to add animated watertiles or any in-editor stuff. I only use a ground layer. It works with the BindPicturesToMap one,

but that one lags terribly.

Is there a fix or trick for this? :)

Good work anyways!!!

12. Parallax Panda

Parallax Panda Got into VxAce ~2014 and never stopped... Veteran

First Language:
    Swedish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I love this plugin. I really need parallax mapping to make rpg maker worth while for myself, and this is the best plugin out there (that I know of).
    Unfortunately there are issues. I would love to use this with Terrax Lightning but they clash like someone mentioned before. I hope Hudell will be back one day and have the energy to take a look at this plugin again. It has so much potential.

13. Hudell

Hudell Dog Lord Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Can someone make a small demo project showing the bugs on the plugin? I'll try to fix them this weekend.

14. Raen Andaleio

Raen Andaleio Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    It's a great plugin and easy to use. The only major drawback I see is that the "ground" layer is drawn above the tiles. I think it should be drawn below, so one could, for example, add tiles for animated water.

15. beenbaba

beenbaba Slowly getting there Veteran

First Language:
    English
    @Hudell Did anyone get back to you with a demo project? The only issue I have across so far is the plugin commands for changing the overlay file don't work, I'd be more than happy to send you a demo for this.

16. Hudell

Hudell Dog Lord Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Nobody did. If you can send me that demo I'll fix the problems asap.

17. Alopexdog

Alopexdog artist Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Did you get a demo yet? I'd love to see the plugin commands fixed.

18. James Griffin

James Griffin Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Ok, maybe I'm just remembering wrong, but I thought that if you made a ground layer any map elements like buildings would be displayed over it. Is this something only from you know who's VX version? Or am I just imagining things and it never did that anyways? It MAY have been something that Slepinr overlay that I was using for VX did but this one doesn't. Can't get the MV port of Slepnir to work at all so, I'm just confused now.

19. Tsukitsune

Tsukitsune Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Is there a way to change overlays like in Kaus' script? ex Overlay par par38-1 would change the par of map 38 to the one with title par38-1. If there isn't, do you allow edits to your script?

20. Sphad92

Sphad92 Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Hudell Hi. I just installed your plugin. My only concern is that the plugin somehow activates all my switches, if I turn them off by default with a common event the plugin won`t start till they are turned back on. Am I doing something wrong or is this a common bug?