Orange Overlay

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by Hudell, Jun 14, 2016.

Tags:
  1. SoSick.

SoSick. Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This plugin is so easy to use once i set it up! am i able to set my PAR layer to move like fog layer x and y etc? thanks

I'm making a elavator map and want a layer to scroll up and down depending on which floor the player chooses, is it possible to with this plugin ? Also when I have ground and par on a map and the Rpg maker built in parallax layer , it doesn't show up ?as I was going to use that layer to do the up and down movement ? Any suggestions ?

Last edited: Jun 12, 2017
  2. Ringtale Games

Ringtale Games Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Hey Hudell!
    The 1.5.0 update massively screwed with this plugin. Now when I enter a map, it does not at all display the overlays until I either leave the map and re-enter, or open the menu in game.

I'm sure you're very busy with other projects, but this issue has pretty much put a halt on mine and I appreciate any help you can spare! Thank you! The images below are of the same area before and after I open the menu. (the graphics don't match since this was just for demonstration purposes.)

upload_2017-6-18_22-43-26.png upload_2017-6-18_22-43-47.png

3. Haydeos

Haydeos The Dragon Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I just found this post googling the same issue, it's in the plugin parameters, change the fog/light/shadow/par switch IDs to a switch that's never used.

4. Rhino

Rhino ~Inactive~ Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello, I'm having some trouble with fogs. I want to make a fog that disappears an event (using a switch)

I've tried making a fog in a map notetags, but when I turn the fog switch off, nothing happens. (The fog switch is left to 1 as in the default parameters of the plugin.)

So instead I tried to create a fog using the overlay fog plugin command in an autorun event, and it works when using 'Overlay remove fog ID' to remove the fog. However, it gives me a different error, if the menu is opened and closed whilst the fog is on screen, it removes the fog.

Also worth noting, to everyone who was having trouble with other broken plugin commands- Tsukitsune commissioned (?) Chaucer to make a fix, and also create a add-on to allow for animated parallaxes! You can find them both here! (This is the version I'm using, but unfortunately the fog is still an issue. I checked on a blank project MV 1.5.0 and with Kaus Ultimate Overlay but they all seem to have problems with fog.)

5. Tsukitsune

Tsukitsune Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    [​IMG]
    Not sure why the 1st issue is happening. Turning off the switch works on my end.
    As for the removing the fog when menu is opened and closed, I just noticed that too. I'm having it looked into so look out for another update sometime today or tomorrow in my thread.

Rhino likes this.
  6. Rhino

Rhino ~Inactive~ Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Tsukitsune I have been turning the switch off via event. If I turn it off in the switches debug menu as you have done, it does disappear. However if I talk to my event and have the switch turn off, nothing happens, even though in the debug menu it has registered as off, which is very strange.. Does this happen for you?

And thank you so much for these updates! I'm sure it's going to help a lot of people! :kaoluv:

Edit: I think the overlay fog disappears after any kind of window, since it's not working with a show text event either.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2017
  7. Tsukitsune

Tsukitsune Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Rhino likes this.
  8. lonewolph

lonewolph Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    can you add bush terrain with this? if not is there a way to do it some other way?

9. Raven Burns

Raven Burns Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I am getting massive Deprecation from all of oranges plugins. As it builds, it lags the game to a complete halt.

These warnings you see here build overtime. I have had up to about 160 of them, making the game crash. They are all the same warnings. I have not a clue what the PIXI errors and warnings are either but I got these after 1.5.0.

EDIT: I would also like to firmly state that I have updated properly. index.html and the like. Unistalled MV and reinstalled.

Also, these warnings appear everytime the map is loaded. This includes transfers and opening and closing the Menu. Please help me fix this. I am almost ready to pay someone, I can't have this problem with such a large project that I have dedicated my life to.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
  10. Tyimdet

Tyimdet Warper Member

First Language:
    Italian
    Hi guys! Someone has found a solution to the overlay plugin issue. thanks

11. Billy92

Billy92 Warper Member

First Language:
    Indonesia
    i have several common events picture with parallel trigger, when i active this plugin all my common event active too

12. Technomagier

Technomagier Villager Member

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Please. Can someone explain, what I did wrong?
    The Overlay just didn't show up in the game. Help.jpg

The organised option is set to false, and the plugin works, b/c when I name the par1.png different. It says, that it failed to load the image.

13. Technomagier

Technomagier Villager Member

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Now I'm even more puzzled. I started a new project, just to see if I did something wrong.
    At first the plugin worked just fine but suddenly it stopped working. So I guess this plugin is broken. I've tested v1.1.2 and v1.1.4 same result with both. It started just fine, and the it stopped working out of nowhere.

14. Nova-Games

Nova-Games Warper Member

First Language:
    Norwegian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I love this plugin, but i have a problem with it...
    when i use the name input, the shadow on my parallax disappears...and it happends on every single map.
    do you know if its already fixed?

15. 4rc4n3

4rc4n3 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    I know this question has been asked a few times already and no solution was found, but after some times, did someone find a way to ''layer'' your parallaxes and events, so that you can have for instance birds flying your parallax layer?

I tested it quickly on one of my map, I don't have your issue. I'm sorry :(

16. Adam1013

Adam1013 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Does this support the bush region?

and also, my lighting effects only stay on a portion of the screen...any way I can make them follow the player?

17. Poupouille

Poupouille Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Russian, french
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi everybody,

I would like to know how to put a light picture with an blend mode: addictive.
    Impossible to find. :dizzy:

Thank you beforehand:)

18. solaris81

solaris81 Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Idk what the issue is but I am trying to use the plugin command Overlay light light2 to display a light overlay on my town map. The command to overlay a fog works great. I tried to use the map command but it only showed in the top left corner of the town, not the whole screen. Not sure whats going on or if the plugin is currently broke in 1.5.1

19. Adam1013

Adam1013 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
  20. ddblue

ddblue 新人 Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I have been driving myself crazy trying to figure out how to use this plugin to add fog and light in addition to my parallax layer to my map, and I have failed. I have tried TDD Bind Pictures to Map, but the memory leak there immediately crashed my project. Klaus's Ultimate Overlay is no longer available and the links in the forum do not work.

Orange Overlay kind of works for me, but for some reason turns on a random flag that I am using for something else.

Flag issue aside (I guess I can just use a different flag ID), the other issue I have with Orange Overlay is that fog and light layers don't work.

Adding <par> to my map notes and having the file named par11 and in the proper folder does work, but attempting the same thing with <fog> or <light> doesn't work - they simply aren't displayed.

I have looked for help all over, so if anyone is kind enough to shed some light on this for me, I would really appreciate it a lot.