Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Fog seems to be broken (since forever). I think someone had made a fix for it somewhere, but they didn't share it here. I never really used this plugin so I don't even know what exactly is broken, but I'll look into it when I get some time.

C-Unit Studios

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi Huddel I have been using your plugin for a long time, since I am a huge fan of parallax mapping. However I am having a strange problem with your plugin completely turning off my ability to use switches and variables.

Nobody else seems to have this issue.

I would like to ignore it since I have used your plugin to make so many detailed maps, but switches and variables are a necessary core aspect all games need to have

I have uploaded a video showing my problem here

idk why the video in the link is so grainy, if you click the watch on youtube button on the bottom right it looks fine

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You're using the same switch on the plugin and the event.

UnknownJones

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
when i put the note tag for shadow it doesnt work however the ground note tag am i the only one with this problem?

DavidDev

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The plugin command for changing the overlay through an event just doesn't work :(
Does anyone know of a fix? Or is there a specific way for the command to be typed that isn't mentioned in the help file?

Ryuuki

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Page not found!? I can't go to the page. Please help me to fix it.

dkun

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello. It seems that events are always under the parallax layer. I'm trying to create interaction points on the map but the parallax layer obscures it. Is it possible to have events above the parallax layer?

Technomagier

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The <par> layer is the overlay that is always on top.
The real parallax isn't shown by notetags it is implemented as parallax picture in the map parameters. So it sits beneath all the other stuff. You can watch the parallax mapping series (Large Forest) by Fallen Lorelei, on youtube, to see how it is done. She is using Kaus but the ways of using are exactly the same for Orange.

More current ones are the two tutorials by Synren. She is using Orange.

Last edited:

dkun

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ah, I meant the overlay, sorry. I was wondering if there was a way to have events be above that overlay. I think someone asked this in this thread about flying birds. What I meant by interaction points was something like this:

When playtesting, the roof overlay blocks it. I tried setting the event priority to above characters but it still doesn't work.

Technomagier

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nope. I think the overlay layer is the one above all others. So sadly no events showing up above them. Or at least I couldn't find a way to do so.

Kristy

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
im looking to this as an alternative to TDDPbindpicturetomap due to its high RAM usage the only issue im having is that I need the character to be visible above my overlay image is there a way to do this?

Vykantos

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Does anyone know How to get this to work with android or of any overlay plugins that work with it? I've tried this and then some but I just end up with a black screen my character to walk around on. Do I have to give up on parallax mapping on android entirely? I only really wanted to display my world map which I made outside of the engine. :kaocry:

Edit: I've gotten it to work with an image/map size of 1440 by 720, Don't know if there is some size limitation with the plugin or if its a phone limitation.

Last edited:

Poupouille

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian, french
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello:kaohi:

I used the Kaus plugin so far, but I was told that there was a plagiarism problem and now I want to use the Orange plugin.

I tested it on several map and everything looks identical. The problem is that on a map, I have a completely different result.

Kaus plugin:

Orange plugin:

Is it possible to remedy this?:(

Edit: I saw I posted here a year ago (previous page), it seems is because I need an additive option for this map. But maybe there is another way?

Last edited:

EthanFox

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
EDIT: Okay, question.

What is the best way to handle "tall" objects in this?

To give an example - one of the items in the SF Outdoor tileset is a lamp-post. The top of the post is flagged so the player can walk behind it; this means, in layer terms, that it is above the player sprites.

I assume, normally, that to use this plugin you would create a new ground layer (potentially using a screenshot) and not have any of the existing RPG Maker ground layer showing in-game. However, if you do this, it means you walk "on top of" these tall objects like lamp-posts.

Would I have to put these in the shadow layer, or something? I'm finding using the shadow layer difficult because I can't set it to a multiply blend mode.

I'm sure I've just got the wrong idea here; I'm coming at this from the way I used to do picture-based lighting, by having a multiply layer with shadows and an additive layer with bright stuff like lights. Is that not the correct approach here?

Last edited:

dgo1980

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
spanish
Primarily Uses
i dont understan how to use two diferent paralax layer or only you can use one?

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi Hudell! (Or anyone else who might know!)

Love the amazing plug-in.

Is it possible to scroll a ground like it's a fog?

Someone asked above but I didn't see an answer. Thank you!

dgo1980

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
spanish
Primarily Uses
Hi one question how to remove layer light with comand or call? i don´t no how to do it,i'm using mog time system when is dark you can see the sun beam it´s a pain in the neck thank you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

A collab cover of White Wishes with @PixeLockeT!!~

Multiple takes of my recordings ended in this way, I wish I could've done it better, but I still love this!
Just saw an article stating a Back to the FutureXTransformer comic crossover--and Doc Browns car is an Autobot. I am ALL FOR THIS!!
Well I sure didn't know fans could overheat and die. Room fans.
Felt like I dodged a bomb, my project was fine right after I force resetted due to a crash as I have yet to start working on it today..... :kaoback:
I have no idea what to do with my evening. I was working on the next Slip into Ruby but I kinda want to do something else for a bit. But I have no idea what. Yay indecision!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julian16