Orange Time System

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by Hudell, Oct 24, 2015.

1. fizzly

fizzly Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Polish
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    @Hudell, I have a question about time flow (realtime option) and checking it. Will it work on android with android system time too? Or it can check just Windows system data?

2. Hudell

Hudell Dog Lord Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    It should work properly regardless of system.

fizzly likes this.
  3. fizzly

fizzly Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Polish
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Thank you, what a great plugin! :)

4. Nacura

Nacura Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Español
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi, I really liked your plugin, I have a problem, when I put the clock with the variables that I have, but it starts on a map and on the others it does not work, at the entrance of the pugin it says grupname: main, I put the name of the map that sends everything but nothing happens, if you could help me thank you

5. Jimminybob

Jimminybob Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi,

This may have already been answered so I'm sorry if it is. But would this plugin allow me to check how long it has been since the player has been in a certain room? I'm after a scenario where the player can enter a room and encounter an NPC, then if they leave the room and come back after a few minutes that NPC will have disappeared. However if they re-enter before that amount of time they will still be there.

Thanks very much.

6. Solis

Solis Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Hello, I'm trying to use this time system but with switches to Control Days. How can I go about doing this?

I need Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, Day 4 to have a Switch On/Off. Is this achievable and if so, how?

7. mimi-min

mimi-min Will draw for food. Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey, it was mentioned on the first page to use "OrangeTimeSystem.hour = 6;" to change the time to a specific one, but it doesn't seem to be working. I haven't used RPG Maker in ages (about two years) so I can't remember how these things work; do I put it as a Plugin Command like this? The message was from 2015 so maybe it has changed?

[​IMG]

I was thinking about doing something similar! As I mentioned above I haven't used RPG Maker in a long time so I'm not entirely solid on how things work, but this plugin does allow the time to be stored as variables, so I'd imagine you could have an event that copies the variables and stores them somewhere; after that you would have to compare the current time to the stored one to figure out how much time has passed. Again, I'm not entirely sure if that would work, and if it does, how to set it up. It's just what I've thought about so far.

8. SushiAssado

SushiAssado Villager Member

First Language:
    portugues br
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Sorry for intruding, but help me with one thing, I made some caves but when I use the inside switch, the cave is all lit up, it was supposed to stay dark forever, not the opposite

Last edited: May 25, 2018
  9. Icenick

Icenick Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Im trying to make on map encounters. How could I make it so that once the enemy is defeated it goes away and reappears X hours later or rather 1 day later.
    Edit: Figured it out! Still learning plugin commands lol

Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
  10. TehChad1988

TehChad1988 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    It has been awhile since I last messed with RPG Maker. But MV brought me back. I can never get Orange Time System to work in my own games. So I basically gave up and said will use the demo and build my game in the demo Hudell gave because the stuff works. From when I first saw Hudell's OTS a lot has been added.

So here's my dilemma, I am making a Personal Digital Assistant item as a key item. This key item will be tied to a common event which will kick back text saying "today is Wednesday June 6th, 2018" when used in the inventory menu.
    Here is what my common event text says

Today is \V[11],\V[9] \V[4]\V[15] and the time is
    \V[3]:\V[2]:\V[1]\V[16].

When in game and I use said Item it returns the text that says "today is Wednesday June 6, and the time is 6:0:1"

The problem is, I do not see a built in variable for " ST ,ND, RD, TH" Yeah if I knew Javascript perhaps I could tweak the script Hudell wrote but I don't know javascript and I'd rather not break something.

So I decided I would build another variable whose value is dependant on Hudell's (in my project this is Variable 15) I have an event with 4 conditional branches that say if Hudell's
    "day" variable (4) = 1 that my "STNDRDTH Indicator" variable (15) will be set to 1,
    "day" variable (4) = 2 that my "STNDRDTH Indicator" variable (15) will be set to 2,
    "day" variable (4) = 3 that my "STNDRDTH Indicator" variable (15) will be set to 3,
    "day" variable (4) = 4 that my "STNDRDTH Indicator" variable (15) will be set to 4,

and I also decided that I need another variable dependant on hudell's hour variable, so that after 12:00 AKA hour 12 i can use a variable call to fill in AM or PM

My goal is to hopefully have my key item text call the variables 15 and 16 which will fill in text

Today is \V[11],\V[9] \V[4]\V[15] and the time is
    \V[3]:\V[2]:\V[1]\V[16].

and transform my text to say
    Today is Wednesday June 6, and the time is 6:0:1 AM/PM.

Yes, Hudell's HUD displays this information, but I actually find the HUD distracting, clunky and even when shrinking text I find it distracting as it covers the top left portion of the screen which makes it hard to read to map name in the top left when you move between areas.

Yes I adjusted parameters and now Hudell's HUD is in the top right of my game. But eventually I'm hoping to disable Hudell's HUD let the player use the PDA Key Item for exact times. I intend to have time sensitive and exact time basis for certain, Shops opening closing, enemies powering up at certain times and much like Fable when you wanted skorm's bow you had to sacrifice someone at an EXACT time but it wasn't exactly easy.

11. zarasrage

zarasrage Villager Member

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    is the link down??

12. DragonSkills99

DragonSkills99 技術的な神 Member

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    It seems so, but you can download all of his plugins on his Github account:

https://github.com/Hudell/mv-plugins

Hope it helps (had the tipp from another pluginpage of this forum)

Greetings
    DragonSkills99

Alanood likes this.
  13. angelicsmana

angelicsmana Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    hello, is the link to the demo is down? i just wanted to know how to display the time to the player ^^;

14. TehChad1988

TehChad1988 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Anyone else notice issues with this time system post 1.6.1 of MV? The demo functions correctly but my project which was built from the demo (literally I took the demo and expanded it with all my content) I can get the tint to change at 9AM but the rest of the tints don't change. I can't seem to figure out what got messed up? Any ideas?

Update: Temporary Workaround:

Set up an event on each map
    Trigger: Parallel
    Priority: Below Characters
    ◆If:day period = 1
    ◆Tint Screen:(-34,-17,10,68), 60 frames

:End
    ◆If:day period = 2
    ◆Tint Screen:(0,0,0,0), 60 frames

◆If:day period = 3
    ◆Tint Screen:(17,-34,-68,17), 60 frames

◆If:day period = 4
    ◆Tint Screen:(-102,-85,0,170), 60 frames

Any map with this properly configured event can help tint the screen until further OTS investigation is finished. I hope it helps!

Last edited: Jul 16, 2018
  15. CGGOFFICIAL

CGGOFFICIAL Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Hmm... I can't seem to get this to work and all your sites seem to be down.

16. darkkitten

darkkitten Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    The Downloads for the plugin on the site no longer exist, the site works, but the plugins are no longer available it seems.

17. Cute Fox Productions

Cute Fox Productions Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Scottish
    I love this plugin as well... wonder if it'll come back

18. Leaufai

Leaufai Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    You can still get it from his GitHub

19. Hudell

Hudell Dog Lord Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    The download link is already fixed too.

Kuhaku likes this.
  20. Kuhaku

Kuhaku [The Blank] Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    How do you disable the time/date window temporarily?