Orange Time System

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by Hudell, Oct 24, 2015.

1. DBDragoner

DBDragoner Veteran Veteran

I'm having an odd problem. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or not... I have a crop event that I used your copy event plugin for.

[​IMG]

I used ExtraSelfSwitches to switch the event to another page. This is how my common event is set up:

[​IMG]

Now my issue is that after two minutes the common event Will play not it wont STOP playing. My test text box shows up over and over again. My event that I used the common event in doesn't move on to the next page. Not sure if I'm using the common events function right with it. Either way the common event not stopping is a bit of an issue. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Hudell likes this.
  2. Hudell

Hudell Dog Lord Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    It might be a bug. I'll check it soon.
    Edit: Tested here and didn't find any issue with the "run in 2 minutes" plugin command.

That event is a parallel process. Since you're copying it, it's probably running the common event once for each copy.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2015
    DBDragoner likes this.
  3. DBDragoner

You might think, but I only have one copy of the event running as a test. I'll try a new project when I get off work today and see if maybe I'm having plugin conflicts.

4. Hudell

Hudell Dog Lord Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I don't think a plugin conflict would cause a bug like this one on the time system. Either there's something wrong with the time system that I'm not seeing, or the problem is somewhere else.

I just realized that you said your event is not moving to the second page, so there's your problem: the "run in 2 minutes" plugin command is being called repeatedly. What is the second page of the event?

DBDragoner likes this.
  5. DBDragoner

Here's the second page. I was using Extra Self swithes, but I turned that off just in case it was messing something up.

[​IMG]

The next page is just like this cept looking for self switch A and has a different graphic. I might try a new project and see if I can recreate this in there. I could almost swear I was using that plugin command the day before without any problems on a different event. Might the fact that its a copy have anything to do with it?

edit: I finally got it to run correctly. Your plugin runs beautiful and wasn't the problem. Switching to another page using extra switches wasn't working completely somehow. The graphic would change so I didn't think it was the problem. However when I removed it and redid my event using self switch B instead, the event worked perfectly. Thank you so much for trying to help. I may have to remove extra self switches from my project and find another way to do my crop event. The long way :(

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2015
    Hudell likes this.
  6. Hudell

Hudell Dog Lord Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Another option is to wait for my next plugin :)

DBDragoner likes this.
  7. DBDragoner

I got the self switches to work finally. Needed a second pair of eyes. But now I can't wait to see what you are cookin up. ;)

Edit: Okay after more testing I found that while the common events played correctly they don't work with self switches. So an event that you set to play a common event to set its self switch A after a period of time will play the event, but not apply the self switch. I'm guessing that the common events are not referring where they are originally called from.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2015
  8. Sideroxylon

Sideroxylon Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Thanks for the fixes, the SuperOrangeMovement.js works marvelous now (at least I didn't encounter a new bug :D ), but there still somehow nothing changes about the time, when adding hours. Maybe I am just doing something wrong, because to be honest I am not sure, if I am literally supposed to use "OrangeTimeSystemVariables.configureVariables();" with the "();" or just with the "()" or without both. I don't know how much this part of the command is needed, but I used another command without both of these and it worked. Even though, there still seem to be some kind of issue, because I tried every variation of the plugin command with "()" with "();" and without both, but it still didn't work after all.

9. DBDragoner

Have you tried downloading the demo and checking what the calls in it are? Have you also tried this script call "OrangeTimeSystem.addHours(8)"? 8 is the amount of hours added. I copied this from the demo and its worked just find for me.

10. Hudell

Hudell Dog Lord Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Well, I was thinking about creating a plugin that allowed you to set multiple graphics to the same event, based on the value of a variable or something. Without needing extra pages for the different graphics. Would that be of any help?

If you updated all plugins, you shouldn't need to call any script line anymore.

DBDragoner likes this.
  11. DBDragoner

Yhea I think so. I'm trying to make a harvest moon like crop growing events where the plants only grow if you water them everyday. Only having 20 pages in the editor is kinda killing me. I did make this sort of system in Ace, but the eventing needed was a ton. Having the graphic set to a variable would definitely help. The only hard part I see in that is making sure the images save when leaving the map or game then coming back. I could also use this for a sort of basic shop system. Sorry for being so troublesome for you. I've slowly built a lot of my game's concepts around your plugin. I can't thank you enough for giving me the tools I need to make the kind of game I've wanted to play.

Hudell likes this.
  12. Hudell

Hudell Dog Lord Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Have you checked the game on my signature? I'll eventually release a farm system plugin that works the same way as that one.

DBDragoner likes this.
  13. DBDragoner

Okay, wow. Favorited and saved your game, and definitely gonna buy as soon as it hits steam. ;) Its so hard to find games like that for the pc. So you understand the kinda of system I'm trying to set up. I'm also trying to add in more of a Rune Factory feel with fighting, crafting, and some other random things.

Hudell likes this.
  14. Kane Hart

Kane Hart Elmlor.com Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Is it out yet :p

Kidding aside I checked that a while ago and was going to ask about it but I thought nah I feel bad enough because this frigan guy has the same frigan mind as me and comes out with every plugin I want.

15. Hudell

Hudell Dog Lord Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I expect to finish it by Q2 2016 :) .

Kane Hart likes this.
  16. Sideroxylon

Sideroxylon Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    OrangeTimeSystem.onTime(commonEventId, 10, 0, 0);

If I use this plugin command, will it remain enabled once activated? Besides that I tried to activate it, but it somehow didn't work, I'll check it later more carefully, if I did something wrong maybe. It would be much easier for me though, if you would extend the feature of onChangeDayPeriod command in the OrangeTimeSystemEvents to onChangeDayPeriod1, onChangeDayPeriod2, etc. Also it would be really helpful, if you would add all possible plugin commands for the OrangeTimeSystem and its children plugins to the "Help..." button in the plugin properties.

17. Hudell

Hudell Dog Lord Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    It will remain enabled and the common event will be triggered everyday at 10:00:00.

For some reason I didn't make any event for the dayPeriod values. I'll add them soon. I'll fill the help info too.

Edit: Done.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2015
    Sideroxylon likes this.
  18. Lindar

Lindar Villager Member

First Language:
    Russian
    Hi Hudell!

There is a question: I want to realize in my game a complete system change of day and night, including full darkness, light sources and a smooth transition from day to dark of the night. The available plugins I use your Orange Time Systems and Lighting system by Terrax, but to synchronize the time with the change of day and night is very difficult, and accompanied by lots of bugs. I wanted to ask whether it is possible to combine these plugins in working system of  changes day and night, or maybe you have plans to have something like that? Thank you.

Hudell likes this.
  19. Hudell

Hudell Dog Lord Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Oh, I didn't know there was a lightning plugin out there already. I'll check that out and make a compatibility patch if needed :)

Fitcher likes this.
  20. Fitcher

Fitcher Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Finnish
    I am using both orange day and night with the light plugin, i should had mentioned about it earlier too cause using both of them would be awesome.

But from my testin usin your plugin and the light plugin, most of the problems comes from the light plugin and how it works.

The light plugin feels like its designed for dark caves or other inside maps. Not for world map or towns.