Fitcher

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
Hello Hudell!

I want to turn off the light in the morning . You can show me a way ?

test.png
It really depends on how you put those lights there, if they are simple events on the map you will need to use Hudells variable Add-ons plugin.

set the hour to be saved to a variable and then use the variable conditions to make it turn it on and off depending on the time.

I hope you understand, you might need some experience on how variables function for this though.

And now something i need to ask.

If i wanted to make an event to tell me the time, as i have done now i use your variable plugin to export them to variables.

i can then use an even with the simple text

"The time is \v[3]:\v[2]"

but my problem is that a time 16:05 would be displayed 16:5... and it kinda looks strange.

So is there a workaround for this?

If not i can live with only displaying the hour.

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Kind of a long shot, but try using \v[02] instead. I think I saw something on the code that would make this work, but I may be just imagining this.

Fitcher

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
Yeah when you mentioned \v[02] i thought "damn why didnt i think of that" but it seems it work just the same as \v[2].

Oh well i will just display the hour, the minute is not that important anyway.

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's not a bad idea for a separate plugin, though.

Fitcher

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
True, that way you could make a clock on the wall to check the time/date, or a item that would run a common even to show the time/date.

mosblau

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
I'm not sure if this plugin is what I'm searching for...

What I'm looking for:

I want to click on a map event where it will be checked which day it is (monday, tuesday...real time days) and then start something else depending on the day. It should be like switching on map 2 if it is tuesday, but if it is thursday the player should be switched to map 4.

I hope you understand what I'm trying to explain...

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can do that with this plugin, but you don't need the whole plugin just for this. You can simply add this script call:

$gameVariables.setValue(1, new Date().getDay());
This will set the current week day to variable 1 (you can change the number 1 in the script to use another variable).

After this, you can use a regular conditional branch to check the day, 0 = sunday, 1 = monday and so on.

mosblau

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Thanks for the fast reply :D

I'll try it out 

eternien

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Yop, i just post to know if now the timer can be in the menu :p

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can show it in the menu if you use OrangeHud.

Oguz

Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Turkish
It really depends on how you put those lights there, if they are simple events on the map you will need to use Hudells variable Add-ons plugin.

set the hour to be saved to a variable and then use the variable conditions to make it turn it on and off depending on the time.

I hope you understand, you might need some experience on how variables function for this though.
I can't understand it. I think that I do something wrong.. can you give an example?

Last edited by a moderator:

gloopmaster

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Is it possible to make encounters occur based on the time of day? (e.g., during the night there's bats and nocturnal creatures, while during the day there's rats/birds/other diurnal creatures.)

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
With the Variables addon, you can use set the current time to variables and do with them anything you can do with variables.

PieFeathers

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I know I'm going to sound stupid but I am trying to make it so an npc dissapears at 8 PM, and appear at 8 AM, but she isn't dissapearing at all...I've been spending several hours trying to figure it out and I'm getting frustrated...(it's got to a point where I need to ask, and I've never posted before for anything so I'm desperate)

I'm using the variables, but it's not working. Am I using them wrong? I'm using them in a conditional branch and using = OrangeTimeSystem.onTime(8, 0, 0); but nothing comes up, no errors nothing, she just doesn't go to bed. I have all the plugins required, and I've looked through this board top to bottom and I'm still not figuring it out...

Do I need to make a common event? I don't want to because I plan on having several npcs running at the same time in a town, each one going to bed at a different time...

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you want to use OrangeTimeSystem.onTime, you need a common event, but you can use it without common events by using the variables add-on.

The Variables addOn is here: http://link.hudell.com/time-system-variables-thread

With that plugin, you can set a variable to store the current hour. Then you can simply create a conditional branch checking the value of that variable.

PieFeathers

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm using this and I did what you said but she is now dissapearing but not reappearing at 8...also she won't speak when she is there and she only dissapears if you talk to her...

This is my event, I'm not understand what is going wrong? I am using the variables, but it's still acting weird.

http://i.imgur.com/ER9GsH1.png -Event page 1-

http://i.imgur.com/1XRsGIH.png -Event page 2-

I also have a third event page that just is the Kim Away Switch on and an empty space (to show she is gone)

Nade-sama01

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Hello~ I have a question here!

I found a little annoying that the time is running every second, feels like a time bomb lol....

it's possible to make it like in harvest moon that the clock changes every in-game 10 minutes? (For example: Every 6 real life seconds = 10 in-game mins)

Thank you for making this! I'm so excited right now testing it! :D

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm using this and I did what you said but she is now dissapearing but not reappearing at 8...also she won't speak when she is there and she only dissapears if you talk to her...

This is my event, I'm not understand what is going wrong? I am using the variables, but it's still acting weird.

http://i.imgur.com/ER9GsH1.png -Event page 1-

http://i.imgur.com/1XRsGIH.png -Event page 2-

I also have a third event page that just is the Kim Away Switch on and an empty space (to show she is gone)
You'll need to use a parallel process event to do that. Check around the forums, there should be some tutorials on how to use them.

Hello~ I have a question here!

I found a little annoying that the time is running every second, feels like a time bomb lol....

it's possible to make it like in harvest moon that the clock changes every in-game 10 minutes? (For example: Every 6 real life seconds = 10 in-game mins)

Thank you for making this! I'm so excited right now testing it! :D
Yes, there are params to configure the length of everything. I don't recommend removing the seconds, but you can easily hide them (If you're using OrangeHud, you can change the pattern to %1:%2 to hide the seconds)

Last edited by a moderator:

PieFeathers

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I know how to run a paralel process and I tried doing it and the only difference now is she starts talking once I enter the map....where do I find these tutorials? I don't understand...also I searched for 'parallel process event' in the forums and only one thing about common events came up...

I'll keep trying different things but I'm really dissapointed that I won't be able to use it for my game...this is the only time system for MV...vx ace scripts were so much easier than plugins...

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can use it :)

You need to add that conditional branch inside a parallel process, so that the character will disappear when the time changes and not when you talk to her. But the things that you want to happen when the player talk to her, those things you have to keep on that event.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Who loves the Final Fantasy series?~
Weather and time system twin release. Now with weather icons and possibility to add them in your custom clock!
Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusaders is finally being ported to PC. I loved playing that game on the original Xbox.
A friend told me to stop making nomnom or gulping noise when eating or drinking. Plot twist of my life. I thought people can't hear that!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RpgMaking321