Nade-sama01

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Yes, there are params to configure the length of everything. I don't recommend removing the seconds, but you can easily hide them (If you're using OrangeHud, you can change the pattern to %1:%2 to hide the seconds)
Oh, yeah that's what I already have done °-°

But I want that the time goes faster, the in-game minutes are running like real-life seconds, but I'd rather that the clock updates every in-game 10 minutes (Don't show min 1-9) only 6:10, 6:20, 6:30, 6:40, every ceratin seconds it adds 10 minutes. Ugh, don't know how to explain it. xD!

I already made that with a script in Ace, but can't figure out how to do it in here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Just change the secondLength param to something smaller.

Nade-sama01

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Errr....
Sorry for being so annoying, but I said that I already made that... well, A picture is worth a thousand words, so look in here:

EDIT: Updated de link, please click on it:

http://s1027.photobucket.com/user/AA-sama01/media/clock_zpsasnbctfz.mp4.html

That's what I'm saying that I want that my clock does in the game... that it increase by 10 minutes every 6 real seconds... :(

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
The image or video didn't load here, but are you using realTime then?

If you want to use real life date settings with faster time, you should set realTime to false and realTimeStructure to true.

Nade-sama01

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Eh, sorry don't know what happened there... I updated the video link

by the way, it possible to turn off the clock and don't show it in certain parts? During dialogs/cutscenes/custom scenes/places

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Can you send me your plugins.js file? (It's inside the project's JS folder)

PieFeathers

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ohhh I think I get it now. Let me try it out ^^ Thanks!

Portkey89

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi Hudell--

Not sure the logistics of this (or if this has been asked already), but would it be possible to have an event's self-switch be altered after a period of time, instead of running a common event, with a plugin command similar to the OrangeTimeSystem.runInMinutes(X, Y) or runInHours, etc. that's currently implemented? I've been looking and trying to find workarounds, but I can't find anything that quite does this. Just asking to ask! :)

EDIT: Just checking in to see if this would be possible. Thanks, Hudell!

Prescott

argggghhh
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Two quick questions:

Can we have the day/night cycle still work indoors, but just disable the weather? With my other request in the weather system this would work, as you could just disable "snow, rain, storm" on all of the indoor maps.

and

Is it possible to use a plugin command that checks what date/time it is on the player's computer, store that in a variable, and then check to see if the variable matches up to a specific date/time? I would like to include some special events depending on the day and time (birthdays, Christmas, Halloween, etc.) but not have them affect the game time which runs on it's own clock. Don't know if that's possible, but if it is it would be fantastic.

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
$gameVariable.setValue(1, new Date().getFullYear());$gameVariable.setValue(2, new Date().getMonth() + 1);$gameVariable.setValue(3, new Date().getDate());$gameVariable.setValue(4, new Date().getHours());$gameVariable.setValue(5, new Date().getMinutes());$gameVariable.setValue(6, new Date().getSeconds());This will store the year on variable 1, month on variable 2, date on variable 3, hour on variable 4, minute on variable 5 and second on variable 6.

It will pick the player's computer clock, regardless of the time system using real time or not.

If you use OrangeLighting instead of OrangeDayAndNight, you can set different light levels for indoor and outdoor maps depending on the current hour.

Hi Hudell--

Not sure the logistics of this (or if this has been asked already), but would it be possible to have an event's self-switch be altered after a period of time, instead of running a common event, with a plugin command similar to the OrangeTimeSystem.runInMinutes(X, Y) or runInHours, etc. that's currently implemented? I've been looking and trying to find workarounds, but I can't find anything that quite does this. Just asking to ask!  :)

EDIT: Just checking in to see if this would be possible. Thanks, Hudell!
Forgot to reply to this.

There's an item on the ToDo list about activating switches using the time system, but I don't know when I'll add that feature.

Prescott

argggghhh
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Awesome, that's super helpful!!! :) If I wanted to take off the seconds and the year it would still work, correct?

As for using Orange Lighting instead of Day and Night, I'm just waiting for you to get those smooth transitions working ;)

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Yes, each line works on it's own, so you only need to run the ones you want. You can also change the variable numbers.

I just updated OrangeLighting, can you check if your problem is fixed?

Prescott

argggghhh
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah I'll do that as soon as I can!

KidCreator

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hey Hudell! 

I was just wondering if it were possible to sync monster encounters to your Time script?

masterkof

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
I do not understand how to set

run common event 1 every 1 min.

In this event my character gain a lvl every min.

Am i suppose to put the event on parallel?

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
The right syntax is: "run common event 1 every minute".

Just write exactly that as a plugin command.

lordvalinar

Lord of the Damned
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Hudell Hey Hudell quick question. Hopefully your genius brain can help me with a small problem lol. For some reason the game wants to start the hour at 0 (midnight) where the parameter is set to 20(8pm) o_O  Not sure when or how this started happening but I'm 100% positive that the time started at 20 when I first installed the script. And I've only changed 2 sections of the script, none of which should be advancing time.... ((the sections check to see if the "BloodDepletion" switch is on, then it removes 1 blood point per hour passed either regular time or in the .addHour function)). So those edits don't mess with the time itself.

So one of my solutions was to add in the function to .addHour(20) at the beginning of the game, so it starts off at 8pm just fine. However, I am also using a Custom Menu plugin (uses Common Event instead of the scene). Here comes the problem -> 

• I go to Title screen (map transfer)
  • Select "New Game" (which in turn runs a common event that sets ALL variables/switches to 0/OFF, deletes picture numbers, disables save/menu access, resets player appearance/transparency, etc etc
  • Map transfer to new game area (Problem: It's re-adding 20 hours) -- this is even after I delete the .addHours(20); function in the starting event.

And yes I don't have any other event anywhere that adds in 20 hours. The only things I have are the OrangeTimeSystem switch turn ON, and LightMaskSwitch turn ON prior to warping into the game start map (not title screen map) :\ 

----------------

I realize I suck at explaining things, if you require screenshots, I can PM them to you, or I could make a demo from a copy of my game leaving only the necessary starting maps. I'll just be eternally greatful for any assistance <3

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
The parameter probably stopped working when you added the plugin that triggers an event on new game. Can you link me that plugin?

lordvalinar

Lord of the Damned
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I was talking about this problem with someone else and a thought just occurred to me. When I start a new game, all the variables are reset..... but I'm thinking because i'm still technically "in game" your in-game clock doesn't "reset"... so there might be a conflict between the variables and clock, and it thinks the hour is still = 0 (thus adding 20 hours) o_O Maybe I'm missing something. Does your "Refresh time system" reset the minutes/hours, etc back to the parameter values?

I don't really have a plugin that affects "new game", only the skip Title plugin, and the Common Event Menu I'm linking below. Everything is handled via maps and events.

skipTitle stuff if you wanted it: 

Added below DataManager.setupNewGame

DataManager.skipNewGame = function() {
    this.createGameObjects();
    this.selectSavefileForNewGame();
    $gameParty.setupStartingMembers();
    $gamePlayer.reserveTransfer(14, 8, 6); // Custom Title Screen
    Graphics.frameCount = 0;
};

the skipTitle plugin:

/*:
* @plugindesc Skip the title scene for testing purpose.
* @version 1.0
*/

(function() {

Scene_Boot.prototype.start = function() {
Scene_Base.prototype.start.call(this);
SoundManager.preloadImportantSounds();
if (DataManager.isBattleTest()) {
DataManager.setupBattleTest();
SceneManager.goto(Scene_Battle);
} else {
this.checkPlayerLocation();
DataManager.skipNewGame();
SceneManager.goto(Scene_Map);
}
this.updateDocumentTitle();
};

})();

SRD_CommonEventMenu.js 

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Add this inside the "skipNewGame" method (at the end of it):

Code:
OrangeTimeSystem.setDateTime({
  seconds : OrangeTimeSystem.Param.initialSecond,
  minute : OrangeTimeSystem.Param.initialMinute,
  hour : OrangeTimeSystem.Param.initialHour,
  day : OrangeTimeSystem.Param.initialDay,
  month : OrangeTimeSystem.Param.initialMonth,
  year : OrangeTimeSystem.Param.initialYear
});
OrangeTimeSystem.refreshTimeSystem();

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Sigh... to have some variety in this weather. More than just sun and rain and wind and thunder.
In the meantime, I've discovered that I'm slowly becoming fatigued from the many sleepless nights my neighbors cause. Or at least their dogs. Always barking at something.
I might need a day to just sleep and recharge.
After the initial success with one event, I set up four different events on the same map to detect who is in which slot in my current party, and fortunately it managed to work as intended, with the events changing image to match the party members even as I swapped their positions around in formation. This will be a great tool for immersive scene design.
Finally finished the first hand-drawn map! It took me a week, but I'm so proud!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vance11k