BlitzTrixx

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hmm. I must be really dumb or plugins are conflicting. Do you have a demo anywhere?

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hmm. I must be really dumb or plugins are conflicting. Do you have a demo anywhere?
I haven't included this one on any demo yet, I'll make one tonight!

BlitzTrixx

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Alrighty! Thank you. When I get it to work I know it will be awesome.

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Alrighty! Thank you. When I get it to work I know it will be awesome.
I've made a new demo

There's some script calls on the demo, but that's just for the AM/PM system that I haven't made into the core time system yet.

Sinderan

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
If I've just missed where someone has asked I apologize (I can't find a search in thread function on this site) but are there any restrictions for use on your plugins? I'm looking at using a lot of them lol.

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Nope, all of them are available for any kind of game.

Lindar

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Hudell it is possible to change the weather in random hour, not only in midnight? The chance will also be calculated for each day, but will start at a random hour, and have a random duration. And another question: whether there are commands to control the strength and the chance of weather?

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
There's some stuff you can do, using the TimeSystemEvents. Check those script calls:

Note 1: The "speed" param of the updateWeather line indicates how many frames the game should use for the transition between the previous weather and the next.

Note 2: Even if you set the weather type to something different from sunny and call updateWeather, it won't do anything if you're inside a building.

To change the weather strength at random:

OrangeWeather.randomizePower();OrangeWeather.updateWeather(speed);To set a specific weather strength (1 = min, 9 = max):

Code:
OrangeWeather.weatherPower = 9;OrangeWeather.updateWeather(speed);
To change the current weather type:0 = sunny

1 = rainy

2 = snowy

3 = storm

Code:
OrangeWeather.weather = 1;OrangeWeather.updateWeather(speed);

Nick031

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hudell I love your work, you really helped me out, keep it up! :D

Prescott

argggghhh
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is it possible to prevent certain weathers in particular maps?

For instance, in the snowy areas, that are always snowy, there should almost always be snow. In deserts, there should never be rain. There shouldn't be any weather effects underwater.

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I thought I had made a feature like that for someone, but I didn't find anything now.

I'll add it to my ToDo list.

Prescott

argggghhh
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Right on, thank you! :)

hardqueen

Crazy Talker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Can this plugin show/simulate "ThunderShower"?

Thanks for your time for answering my question.

NeoPGX

~ King of Cuteness ~
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (US)
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hey Hudell,

I know you said you won't make anymore plugins but I thought of a great idea for an extension to this plugin if you are interested.

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
What is it?

NeoPGX

~ King of Cuteness ~
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (US)
Primarily Uses
N/A
Basically the extension makes it so that if the weather is storm or snow there is a chance it could end up being the severe variety such as a blizzard which could reduce in-game visibility to zero and as for severe thunderstorms, not too sure about that (or a tornado for that matter). But there should be a message that appears on screen that warns the player of incoming severe weather in a reasonable amount of time before it occurs.  Also how about a chance of the player getting struck by lightning causing significant damage to both the leader and the rest of the party? Also a random chance of lightning with a thunder SE accompanying it. The player would know this is happening every time the screen flashes. Of course in order to protect yourself (and party) you need to be indoors, unless you enjoy taking risks.

This is something I don't think I have ever seen in a video game. Might possibly be too challenging to implement, but hey, just throwing ideas out there, ya know?

Last edited by a moderator:

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
You can do all of that with common events.

To check if the weather of the next day is storm, you can put this in a conditional branch:

Code:
OrangeWeather.nextDayWeather == OrangeWeather.WeatherTypes.STORM

NeoPGX

~ King of Cuteness ~
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (US)
Primarily Uses
N/A
You can do all of that with common events.

To check if the weather of the next day is storm, you can put this in a conditional branch:

OrangeWeather.nextDayWeather == OrangeWeather.WeatherTypes.STORM

In the same common event specified in the parameters of the plugin right? I suppose I could script it with common events BUT I am just barely getting into the more advanced stuff with eventing. (Literally everything I know about how to use the engine and various bits and pieces of it is self taught by trial and error.) 

Well almost all of it. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
If you're using the "Orange Time System - Events" plugin, you can make a common event be called once every in-game minute. On that event, you can randomly show the flash effect to simulate a lightning and then decrease the HP as much as you want.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Hello again, guys! Today, I come to you with not one, not two, but THREE new emotion busts for Ramona!
RAng2FPS.gifRAng5FPS.gif
Anger

RWin2FPS.gifRWin5FPS.gif
Wink

RCry2FPS.gifRCry5FPS.gif
Crying
Feels like I've been butting heads with people more often, especially on here. Hoping I'm not being unreasonable, I've been trying to be more honest about how I'm feeling.
SF_People2.png added!
index.php

I wrote a script everything worked fine until IDs and Names weren't being stored/called proper.. Turns out I used ' j ' instead of ' i ' for grabbing array element. 2 days of bug testing and rewriting to overlook a single little letter. I'm changing my default loop variables. Any recommendations? Maybe n & m? Kidding lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blabla321