OrangeGreenworks - Steam Integration with Achievements and Time Log

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by Hudell, Mar 28, 2016.

1. Hudell

Hudell Dog Lord Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    You can do that and use a script call to check if the player owns the DLC, but I prefer to keep the DLC content all on separate files and make the game load them when they exist.

2. Jstar269

Jstar269 Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello, I'm new here but I'm currently trying to get my game working onto Steam. It boots fine in Windows and Linux (at the moment), but getting it running through Mac OS is not working.

I've just tried running unmodified files (exported straight from MV) and the game runs fine. However, replacing the files from the correct version of nwjs forces the game to error out. Opening it directly through Steam doesn't even give an error, I had to manually open the game to show me the error.

I'm not a Mac user so I apologize as I am a little confused on how to progress from here. I'm not sure what files specifically are to be replaced due to the different structure of Mac OS programs, so I'd like to know if there are a need of different instructions/troubleshooting for resolving this for Mac OS Steam programs. Thank you in advance.

3. Hudell

Hudell Dog Lord Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    The latest version of nw.js will error out if you make the mac version on a windows computer. There's a simple fix, but I'll need to check it on my work mac to be able to write instructions and I'll probably not go to the office for another week :/

Meanwhile, you can try using the previous greenworks.js version and it's corresponding nw.js version.

A short explanation of the problem, in case you're familiar with this sort of thing:

nw.js now has a folder called Version that should be able to store multiple version of it's core files. Outside this folder is a symbolic link to the correct version that should be used. Those symbolic links become invalid when you download it on windows. Replacing the symbolic link with the files from inside the Versions folder should fix it.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
  4. Pixelent Games

Pixelent Games Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Eng
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi, what happens if I only a black screen after I try to test my nw.exe file? dunno what kind of info do you need to help me here.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2019
  5. CatFyre_Games

CatFyre_Games Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello Hudell,
    Since you mentioned that this plugin also supports Steam DLCs, would it be possible to use this in some kind of "purchase per chapter" setup wherein the user needs to purchase succeeding chapters after playing the first chapter? Technically, potential next chapters are DLCs, right?

Thank you!

6. MushroomCake28

MushroomCake28 KAMO Studio Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Does your plugin work with more recent versions of Greenworks and node.js? (Greenworks v.0.14 and nwjs v0.33.3)

When I try your plugin it gives me the "Greenworks failed to initialize.". It seems like the steam sdk (v.1.42) files loaded correctly, but after that it doesn't seem to work. It passes your try/catch at line 110, but fails the $.greenworks.initAPI(). I'm not familiar with greenworks and the steam sdk, so I have no idea what the initAPI method does (and it seems to not be define in the greenwork.js, so I'm assuming it's a method defined in the steam api?).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

7. AestheticGamer

AestheticGamer Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I don't know what issue you're running into, but at least in RPG Maker version 1.5.2 I can confirm nwjs v0.33.3 does work if installed correctly.

8. Matseb2611

Matseb2611 Innovate, don't emulate Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @MushroomCake28 : Not sure if anyone else can confirm, or if you've seen my post from the last page, but the best compatibility I had was with NWJS v22.3. Any later versions of NWJS that I tried running, launched the game fine, but didn't trigger the achievements. I am not sure if the issue was at Orange Greenworks end, or at Greenworks, or at NWJS, or the combination of all.

MushroomCake28 likes this.
  9. Hudell

Hudell Dog Lord Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yes, I use Greenworks v.0.14 and nwjs v0.33.3 in my own game. Never had any issue with it.

10. MushroomCake28

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hmm. Just to be sure, am I placing things correctly?

img_A.png img_B.png img_C.png img_D.png

Also, is it supposed to fail the greenworks initialization if not on steam? Or is it supposed to succeed?

11. TWings

TWings The Dragon Whisperer Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    If you're not logged on Steam, the game can't find (nor update) your steam profile, so it won't work.

12. MushroomCake28

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @TWings Alright, it's just this was on @Hudell 's blog:

So I'm not sure if it only refers to the fact that it won't crash (won't initialize greenworks), or that it should simulate a steam connection in the sense that it says "greenworks initialized" but that it won't do anything besides that.

Aslo, are stuff placed correctly in my folders? (see my above post)

13. Hudell

Hudell Dog Lord Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I think steam_appid.txt goes inside the www folder as well.

14. MushroomCake28

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Okay, so with the steam.appid.txt inside the www folder, the console still gives me this:

img_E.png

Note that it did read the steam dll assets correctly (otherwise it would have thrown the error from line 115 or something like that). Also, this is without uploading my build to steam, so maybe this error is normal. I will retest after uploading the build to steam.

EDIT: Just want to add that my rpg maker core is on version 1.4, but I don't think that's relevant here right?

Attached Files:

15. Hudell

Hudell Dog Lord Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Checked the code of the plugin here. It's okay to show that it failed to initialize if steam is not opened. It'll run in simulation mode instead.

16. MushroomCake28

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Hudell Thanks for your help! Now everything works perfectly!

If you're okay with it, I would like to add compatibility between my free public achievement plugin and your OrangeGreenwork plugin so that when someone unlocks an internal achievement in rpg maker mv (via my plugin), it will automatically unlock the plugin on steam. Furthermore, I would like to make a tutorial on how to set everything (Because I'm sure I'm not the only that was confused by steam api and greenwork lol) on rpg maker mv, including the steam sdf, greenwork, nwjs, your plugin and my achievement plugin.

TheCosmicSlug likes this.
  17. Hudell

Hudell Dog Lord Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Sure!
    Glad it's working now.

18. Sir_Titas

Sir_Titas Villager Member

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Has this plugin been updated to work with steam workshop?
    Because greenworks recently added support for it

19. Hudell

Hudell Dog Lord Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    You can access the greenworks object and call any of their methods with
    Code:
    OrangeGreenworks.greenworks