burb

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
try without the plugin command

use the script command fomr editor rpg maker mv and copy paste the same stuff

for me this is the way I make it work.

Good luck! 

Wow! That did it! All this time I just had it in a plugin command instead of a script command! Thank you so much!

I've checked that it's unlocked the achievement on my profile and it worked. Thank you!!!

Reactions: Val

Val

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Français
Primarily Uses
Any plan to have some free time to update your plugin @Hudell?

Having the cloud saves working or trading card or any improvement would be really nice :)

AestheticGamer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Anyone know if there's anyway to get this to work with Mac? I've got it figured out for Windows, but for Mac I have had no such luck I think in big part since there's no .exe to name (as Mac runs on .app and all that). Any work around or the like would be appreciated, but I do ask since I know I'm not the first with this problem.

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'll update the plugin with the missing features soon, but I don't have any way to test it on a mac :/

AestheticGamer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'll update the plugin with the missing features soon, but I don't have any way to test it on a mac :/

I've got people testing the game I'm utilizing it for in question who have Macs, but don't have one myself. I can say the issue is that when you export a game for Mac, it lacks any sort of .exe to rename to NW, the Mac exports a .app file to be read by mac, but renaming the app file to NW does nothing, so the issue is identifying what nwjs on mac needs that's similar to the reasoning of why you need to rename game.exe nw.exe on PC.

burb

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I've noticed that when running the game as a Steam build, the achievements work correctly.

However, if you deploy the game and don't run it via Steam (such as with Steam closed or offline) the game will crash with a "type error undefined" message whenever an achievement is supposed to activate.

Is there a way around this? I want to release my game on Steam as well as via my own website for people who don't use Steam.

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I've noticed that when running the game as a Steam build, the achievements work correctly.

However, if you deploy the game and don't run it via Steam (such as with Steam closed or offline) the game will crash with a "type error undefined" message whenever an achievement is supposed to activate.

Is there a way around this? I want to release my game on Steam as well as via my own website for people who don't use Steam.

First time I'm hearing about this. I'll try to make the same error happen here to fix it ASAP.

burb

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
First time I'm hearing about this. I'll try to make the same error happen here to fix it ASAP.

Thank you for looking into it :)

Have you managed to replicate the same issue?

burb

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Just as an update to this issue: The error also occurs sometimes when running the game through Steam (build & depot live on Steam and game freshly installed from Steam client).

If the user's internet connection cuts out, and OrangeGreenworks checks for an achievement, the whole game can just crash. It doesn't happen every time, but it shouldn't happen at all.

I think there basically needs to be a failsafe in the script that checks to see if the user is connected to Steam before trying to unlock an achievement. If there's no connection to Steam, the game needs to skip the achievement check.

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Oh, I had just fixed the previous issue earlier today, but I'll need an extra check for when the user loses connection. I'll probably have both fixes online by tomorrow.

burb

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Oh, I had just fixed the previous issue earlier today, but I'll need an extra check for when the user loses connection. I'll probably have both fixes online by tomorrow.

No problem at all! I really appreciate you looking into it. Thanks for your help!

Val

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Français
Primarily Uses
I have the same issue as described when you are anot connected to steam and win an achivement it's function is undefined and crash the game :(

Thanks for your support Hudell :) Maybe you will get some time to implement the cloud saves files from greenwork ? ;)

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Yup, I'll throw in the Cloud functionality too.

To fix the issue with the game crashing when Steam is closed, I'll need to update to the latest version of greenworks. This means that the original Game.exe that comes with MV won't work anymore, but I'll share a replacement Game.exe (And this one doesn't need to be renamed to nw.exe like the original).

Thanks to this, I'll also be able to update the steam SDK version more often.

Val

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Français
Primarily Uses
Yup, I'll throw in the Cloud functionality too.

To fix the issue with the game crashing when Steam is closed, I'll need to update to the latest version of greenworks. This means that the original Game.exe that comes with MV won't work anymore, but I'll share a replacement Game.exe (And this one doesn't need to be renamed to nw.exe like the original).

Thanks to this, I'll also be able to update the steam SDK version more often.

That's really a great news! I will beta test everything you have new with pleasure :) This will help a lot of games to become even better with new great features :)

AestheticGamer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I will be glad to beta test as well. I appreciate your hard work to update this and replying quickly to people's inquiries. I'm currently working on a game that uses your script and I have a few dozen beta testers helping test it (including some on Mac), so I can certainly report what I and they find.

Last edited by a moderator:

Val

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Français
Primarily Uses
Well, the plugin is updated (link in the main thread).

Edit: Updated the instructions on my blog.

Question? Are you going to add some info on the how to config the Steam Cloud plugin? or is it working alone by himself with greenwork 0.70 and nw.js v0.17.3? 

Thanks for your help and support!

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Once you configure the new OrangeGreenworks, adding OrangeSteamCloud should automatically enable save file syncronization without any extra settings.

Val

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Français
Primarily Uses
Once you configure the new OrangeGreenworks, adding OrangeSteamCloud should automatically enable save file syncronization without any extra settings.

What size by users quota did you put for Steam Cloud so the Auto Setting start to work with your project? Or did you leave it blank? In your Steam dev account.

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I configured that so long ago that I completely forgot it was a custom size. I'll check it in the morning. 

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Hey there everyone! My laptop broke unexpectedly recently and I lost some files I hadn't backed up . . .
Pro tip to anyone looking for advice based on existing game mechanics: a lot of people reading your request won't have played the games you're talking about. Always assume your readers won't have, and explain what the mechanic actually *does* rather than just name-dropping the game. I see this a lot.
 …So I was looking at a question someone had asked and did some related experimentation. Apparently the Jump… movement route command works like the ultimate through. Including letting you move around outside the confines of the map entirely. o_O
Jump.png
Okay so today I heard the dumbest theory I have heard in a loooooooong while. It's so stupid I just have to share... Appearantly I have learned to draw 'hot chicks' so that 'real men' get physically excited by looking at it and I can then swoop in and 'turn' them.... Wow... Just... Amazing how some brains works...
What the writer wrote: "The curtain is blue."
The readers: "There must be a hidden meaning behind this, perhaps to convey the character emotions ...".
What the writer has in mind: "The curtain is frickin' blue".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EmDaMM