Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't have immediate access to a mac, but I'll have soon. I'm making some changes to this plugin and once it's ready I'll try to test it for mac as well, so that I can release both things at once.

CommanderNZ

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Are the only commands available the ones listed on http://hudell.com/blog/orangegreenworks/
Can we get things such as removing an achievement, the players SteamID, Steam Level, Overlay enabled or not etc

If these are listed some where it's not very visable.
Also you might want to put a link on your site to https://dl.nwjs.io/v0.17.3/

This also only seems to work with version 0.7 of Greenworks (nw.js v0.17.3 and SDK 1.37), any newer versions don't get detected by Steam.

Tuomo L

Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Hudell

Nothing happens when I try and run my game it's just a blank, black window with my game's title at top.

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have updated the plugin with new functionality and also updated the instructions on my blog.
Some things changed on greenworks recently and there are a few new files to copy now.

Tuomo L

Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have updated the plugin with new functionality and also updated the instructions on my blog.
Some things changed on greenworks recently and there are a few new files to copy now.
Still nothing but a black screen. My game's title shows up in Steam as me playing it. Is this plugin compatible with the Data compress plugin by Sumrndmdude?

http://sumrndm.site/data-compressor/

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's not affected by that plugin. You may have something on your project that doesn't work with newer nw.js versions.

Tuomo L

Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's not affected by that plugin. You may have something on your project that doesn't work with newer nw.js versions.
But I get no error message or anything. It just doesn't load. Shouldn't there be an error message of sorts?

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Even the console shows nothing?

Tuomo L

Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Even the console shows nothing?
I can't even open the console with SDK version. Again, it's just black window with my game's name on top of it.

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'll test your game tonight (I own it on steam).

Tuomo L

Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'll test your game tonight (I own it on steam).
What? That's impossible, I haven't released it yet. You mean Save Your Mother? That game's made on VX Ace, not the game I'm talking about.

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What? That's impossible, I haven't released it yet. You mean Save Your Mother? That game's made on VX Ace, not the game I'm talking about.
Ah, sorry - I really meant Save Your Mother.

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you want to take a look at it, I can give you press code for my new game.
Yes, please. I just had a similar report from another user.

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've qued it from Steam. I'll pm it when I get the key.
Thanks. In the meantime, can you send me your package.json file?

willoneill

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hey Hudell, great to see the update! Has this version now been tested on Mac? You mentioned that you were getting one and hoped to be doing that.

I'll be happy to give it a go if it'll help, just wondering if you've already given it a shot.

Thanks!

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've qued it from Steam. I'll pm it when I get the key.
Thanks for the key. I just checked it and found out that your black screen is caused by an incompatibility between newer nw.js version and SRD_GameUpgrade.js (and probably any other plugin that tries to open new windows).
If SRD is interested in fixing it, here's some info:
- newer versions of nwjs have changed the params used for opening new windows (or the app itself). When the plugin tries to open a window in nwjs 0.22.3, it finds settings that are now invalid in the windowSettings param and throws an error because of them.

Hey Hudell, great to see the update! Has this version now been tested on Mac? You mentioned that you were getting one and hoped to be doing that.

I'll be happy to give it a go if it'll help, just wondering if you've already given it a shot.

Thanks!
In theory it should work, but I lost my chance to test it on a mac because I got reassigned to a different project at work :/

Tuomo L

Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I somehow knew it was SRD plugin that'd be culprit from the very start. Are you going to report it to him because I think you can better explain what needs fixed than me?

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Good news! I managed to borrow a spare mac my boss had on another office. I can do proper testing on it now.

I somehow knew it was SRD plugin that'd be culprit from the very start. Are you going to report it to him because I think you can better explain what needs fixed than me?
I will.
I'll also take another look at the greenworks plugin because I'm not sure it worked in your game. I noticed you only included files for 32bits windows, was that intentional?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Does anyone find this hard to read?

Enjoying my weekend at home to stay Covid free. How is everyone else doing?
If you enjoy speed mapping for RPG Maker MV check out my YouTube Channel. My latest video includes custom made tiles which makes a simple map look dynamic!

Check out my short game Hikari's World! : Chapter I, on itch.io/games.
An actual dwarf with an actual axe is not so fascinating as the fantasy counterpart...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ekkoni