Tuomo L

Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Good news! I managed to borrow a spare mac my boss had on another office. I can do proper testing on it now.

I will.
I'll also take another look at the greenworks plugin because I'm not sure it worked in your game. I noticed you only included files for 32bits windows, was that intentional?

Correct, I was going to add different files for 64 bit version and then have the client decide which OS version the player runs and then downloada the one based on their architechture. I didn't go with that yet because I noticed the achievement bug.

willoneill

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
In theory it should work, but I lost my chance to test it on a mac because I got reassigned to a different project at work :/

OK, understood. My main problem is that because the files are arranged differently when you do a Mac build, so I'm not sure what the equivalents are for where you're supposed to put the various files. It's possible that it works but that I don't know how to implement it.

I don't suppose anyone has successfully done this yet...? If so, please let me know. I'll futz around and try a few more things in the meantime.

Matseb2611

Innovate, don't emulate
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hiya. I'm getting kind of confused. The download in the OP seems to be a different version to the one on your site and I am not sure which one is the most recent. I even opened them in a Notepad++ to be sure and they are different. Any tips on which one I should use?

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hiya. I'm getting kind of confused. The download in the OP seems to be a different version to the one on your site and I am not sure which one is the most recent. I even opened them in a Notepad++ to be sure and they are different. Any tips on which one I should use?
It seems to be the same version here (1.2) what other version did you get?

Matseb2611

Innovate, don't emulate
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
One is called OrangeGreenworks. The other one is just greenworks which comes in a zipped folder together with lib folder. Are they two different plugins that need to be in the game folder?

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Greenworks is a lib that is used by the plugin OrangeGreenworks. Everytime the site refers to greenworks, it is talking about the lib, not the plugin.

Matseb2611

Innovate, don't emulate
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So the .js file named greenworks, does that need to go in the lib folder? Just really confused at the moment.

This is what I have. The zipped folder I downloaded from your website (for win64) had greenworks.js file together with lib folder. Lib folder had another file in it. The OrangeGreenworks is a separate file that I downloaded from the OP.

Attachments

• greenworks plugins.jpg
    greenworks plugins.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 13

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
No. From the instructions on my blog:

You’ll get a zip file with a folder called “lib” and a file called greenworks.js. Put both of them on your project’s main folder.

Unfortunately this is a complex setup that can't be made much simpler unless I create an installer tool for the plugin.

Matseb2611

Innovate, don't emulate
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh ok. Got you. Thanks! I'll let you know if I have any more questions. :D

Edit:
@Hudell : Thought I'd tag you since I'm editing this comment. I have another question since I'm not 100% sure on something.

With this part of the instructions:
"With the newer versions of greenworks, there are several files that you have to copy and some that you have to rename, like this (you can ignore any OS/CPU you don’t care about):"

Are all those files in the screenshot that follows meant to be placed inside the 'lib' folder? I would guess yes, but wanted to ask to be sure.

I'm also a bit confused about this bit:
"Finally, you’ll need to download nw.js. Once again, check the greenworks page to determine which version you should download (For greenworks 0.10, it is nw.js version 0.22.3). "

Isn't the nw.js file the one we downloaded earlier and placed it inside the 'lib' folder? There's one for each operating system. Or am I understanding it wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Matseb2611

Innovate, don't emulate
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ok, I've had a look through earlier posts, and I saw you linked to this site for the nw.js. But I am not sure which of those files I'm meant to be downloading and putting in my game folder. There are a lot. Do I have to download them all? I know you mentioned that SDK versions are just for testing, but what about the others? They're each around 60 MB. I would guess getting them all would bloat up my game's size, so I probably only need 1 or 2. Any tips by any chance? Thanks.

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
You only need one, based on your platform:

Windows 32 bits: nwjs-v0.22.3-win-ia32.zip
Windows 64 bits: nwjs-v0.22.3-win-x64.zip
Osx: nwjs-v0.22.3-osx-x64.zip
Linux 64: nwjs-v0.22.3-linux-x64.tar.gz
Linux 32: nwjs-v0.22.3-linux-ia32.tar.gz

Matseb2611

Innovate, don't emulate
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ah ok. That's great, thanks for clarifying. So just to be sure, the greenworks lib files were all relating to what system the player will use to run the game? And the nwjs refers to my system? Or were the lib files relating to my system too?

Also, do I need to replace the old 'locales' folder and credits html file with the new ones from nw.js folder?

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
They are both refering to the system that the player will be using.
You can delete the locales folder, as it will be regenerated automatically with the right files. The credits.html can be replaced.

Matseb2611

Innovate, don't emulate
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I see. Thank you. Sorry for asking so much stuff. Just need to be sure I am doing it right. So what if the player uses Mac or Linux? I would guess the Win64 version of nw.js wouldn't work there?

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I see. Thank you. Sorry for asking so much stuff. Just need to be sure I am doing it right. So what if the player uses Mac or Linux? I would guess the Win64 version of nw.js wouldn't work there?

Yep. I just borrowed a Mac to test the plugin on it when I get some free time again, I'll be updating the blog instructions when I do.

Matseb2611

Innovate, don't emulate
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ah ok then. I'll keep an eye out then for any updates. Thanks!

Matseb2611

Innovate, don't emulate
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Heya. It's me again. Sorry to bother you. I've got a bit of a strange thing happening. Yesterday when I tested the nw.exe file, it launched the game fine. But now when I click on it, it won't launch. In the Task Manager, it shows that the process starts running, but nothing is happening. I didn't change anything about it since then. Do you by any chance know why this might happen? Like whether some program maybe interfering with it? Cheers.

Edit: Ok, never mind. I replaced the old 'locales' folder with the new one and it works now. Strange, I didn't have to do this yesterday. I am not getting any indicators if the achievements work though. I'm also not getting any indicators on my Steam cloud that I am playing the game (I think the instructions mention that it needs to be shown). How do I know if it's working properly?

Last edited:

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Yes, Steam needs to show that you are playing the game. Do you get any error message in the console (you need the sdk version of nw.js to see the console)?

Matseb2611

Innovate, don't emulate
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I was just running the regular version. I am guessing the regular version won't show up on Steam? I can try to download the SDK version and check that if that's the only way to know.

No error messages btw.

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
No, the difference between the two is that you can see the console with the SDK version only. Both should work properly.

I don't know what else could be wrong. Can you send me screenshots of your files so I can check if everything is as expected?
Also: When the greenworks connected with steam properly, it will show your steam display name on your game's console. When it doesn't connect, it will show "Play test" instead. Did you get one of those?

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Happy Friday, y'all! I just got home from work and am sitting down with a nice cider, and I'm ready to chill and enjoy myself. Not sure if I'm gonna dive into any of my game-related projects or not tonight.... we'll see how I feel after unwinding for a bit I guess!
Just found out that mint tea made from chocolate mint tastes a bit like hot cocoa with candy cane stirred in. As I'm allergic to chocolate this makes me very happy.
It's special day for me tomorrow so time to vanish for 24 hours lol.
So Deltarune Chapter 2 is supposed to release today... if it's out already, has anyone played it? And I can't because I have a stinking Mac and not a Windows PC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coffeeandyteevee