Matseb2611

Innovate, don't emulate
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah, just attaching the screenshots of the folders now. I just tried to launch the console with the SDK version and it said that greenworks failed to launch. I wonder why.

Attachments

• Greenworks 01.jpg
    Greenworks 01.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 23
  • Greenworks 02.jpg
    Greenworks 02.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 23
  • Greenworks 03.jpg
    Greenworks 03.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 21
  • Greenworks 04.jpg
    Greenworks 04.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 24
  • Greenworks 05.jpg
    Greenworks 05.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 25

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
A few questions, just to be sure:

1) Steam is open and running when you launch the game?
2) You own the game in the steam account that is currently running?

I assume the answer to both is yes, so moving on:

3) Do you have rpg maker or any other steam game/app open when you opened the game? Try closing it and running the game again.

Also make sure the ID on the steam_appid.txt file is the right one (you can confirm you got the right ID by opening your steamspy page, like this: https://steamspy.com/app/416000 ).

Matseb2611

Innovate, don't emulate
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1) Yeah, Steam is running.
2) No, I don't own the game yet, since it's not out. My publisher has access to the Steamworks account and I send my game build to him.
3) I think I tried it both with and without it being open, but I could try again.

I am guessing something regarding the question 2 is what's causing the issue?

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Yup. Try using the ID of another game that you own.

Edit: Also: you should ask your publisher to give you a dev key or tester key so you can test the game.

Matseb2611

Innovate, don't emulate
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah, good idea, I've sent him an email now to see if that's possible.

I just tried checking with an ID of one of my other games which is already on Steam, but that didn't show up anything on my Steam profile.

But from the screenshots I posted, all the files are in the correct place, right?

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
It seems to be correct.
At the very least it should show " - Running" after the game name on your library.

Matseb2611

Innovate, don't emulate
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hmm. I guess if it's all correct, I might send the build to my publisher and see if they can run it all fine. Maybe it will work on their end once they have it all set up.

Thank you for your help. Hopefully I won't have any more questions. :D

Matseb2611

Innovate, don't emulate
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I tried with the dev key and still no link. I am curious, I was sent the newest version of Steam SDK, which is 1.42. Could that cause a problem, since the instructions say it has to be 1.40? I assume a newer version should still work, right?

Matseb2611

Innovate, don't emulate
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hiya again. Just a quick update. It's all working fine and as intended (I used v1.42 of SDK). My publishers have tested it and the achievements unlock all fine. I tried to launch it through Steam as well with my dev key and also managed to unlock it. \o/

Thank you again for all the help. :D

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hiya again. Just a quick update. It's all working fine and as intended (I used v1.42 of SDK). My publishers have tested it and the achievements unlock all fine. I tried to launch it through Steam as well with my dev key and also managed to unlock it. \o/

Thank you again for all the help. :D
Glad to hear that!

Morillus

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi Hudell, hoping you can help me out with an odd issue I have when using this plugin:

My game is all good to go - I have the achievements sprinkled throughout the game using your plugin and I have no issues triggering them, so it doesnt't appear to be an issue with the plugin itself.

The issue I'm getting is that when I replace the nw.js files (using nw.js v.22.3 and Greenworks 0.10.0), the game starts to lag like crazy on certain maps (typically town maps). It works perfectly fine when I don't replace the nw.js files, but then the achievements don't trigger of course. Is this something you've come across before? Did a good chunk of googling and couldn't find anything in particular. My game is using an older version of the RPG Maker MV engine to ensure compatibility with certain plugins I'm using, so is it possible that there is some incompatibility between the older version of the engine and the newer nw.js? Is it worth trying an older nw.js?

Would appreciate any help with this. Thanks.

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
My own game runs slower on newer versions of nw.js too. If you only use achievements (no steam cloud, stats or things like that) you can use an older version of the OrangeGreenworks that didn't need the newer nw.js.

willoneill

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hey Hudell,

Just checking in to see if you've had a chance to figure out how things work on the Mac platform yet and update the instructions accordingly. No huge rush, totally appreciate you're doing this freely on your own time, but I've got a Steam forum where people are inquiring when they can expect the Mac achievement to work and I would love to give them a rough idea of when they can expect it.

Thanks! :)

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hey Hudell,

Just checking in to see if you've had a chance to figure out how things work on the Mac platform yet and update the instructions accordingly. No huge rush, totally appreciate you're doing this freely on your own time, but I've got a Steam forum where people are inquiring when they can expect the Mac achievement to work and I would love to give them a rough idea of when they can expect it.

Thanks! :)

I managed to get my own game working with steam on a mac yesterday. In my case the only thing missing was the steam_appid.txt file that wasn't in the right place (inside the app.nw folder). If you have that and the right sdk and greenworks files in the lib folder, it should work properly.

Morillus

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
My own game runs slower on newer versions of nw.js too. If you only use achievements (no steam cloud, stats or things like that) you can use an older version of the OrangeGreenworks that didn't need the newer nw.js.
Thanks, Hudell. I'll give that a shot.

Morillus

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Actually, I had a look on your site, but couldn't see a link to any older revisions of the plug-in. Are you able to provide a link please?

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'll get the old version download link and instructions and put it online when I get home tonight.

Tuomo L

Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Hudell
Can we use later versions of Greenworks/NWJS? I mean there are some really big changes, especially in terms of stability and such on later versions of NW JS.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Another comic with Backstage Malak...
If you want to ask him anything, you can ask on my DeviantArt page! I'm not sure if you're allowed to do it here.
Forum tip of the day ...
If you get a temporary suspension for being a jerk to people who are trying to help you, and arguing with mods and admins, don't go making new accounts. Chances are, if you p**s us off enough to suspend you for a week, we're not going to hesitate giving you a permanent ban when you give us a reason.
E_6fAErVkAQILXu.png
I'm so close to releasing my game on steam! :blush::blush::blush:
Us:
"This game is awesome! I wish there are more games like this in the future."
Also us:
"I hate how games stopped being original and start copying other successful games."
Should've done this a few days ago but...
PRI_200136808.jpg
Rest in Peace, Sir Clive Sinclair
1940 - 2021
Entrepreneur, Technologist, Father of the Modern British Computing Industry, and protagonist of Legend of ZUN.

Without you, England's games and tech industry wouldn't be where it is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mulinho