Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Of course, as long as the greenworks version you pick was compiled for the nw.js version you are using, you're good.

Tuomo L

Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Of course, as long as the greenworks version you pick was compiled for the nw.js version you are using, you're good.

Thanks, I wouldn't ask otherwise but the version you're suggesting causes fully unreadable errors and such which were fixed in later NW JS releases.

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thanks, I wouldn't ask otherwise but the version you're suggesting causes fully unreadable errors and such which were fixed in later NW JS releases.
Can you link me any info about that?

willoneill

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hey Hudell! Just letting you know that I got it working on the Mac successfully. Thanks for the great plugin and all of your assistance here in the thread!

Tuomo L

Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey Hudell! Just letting you know that I got it working on the Mac successfully. Thanks for the great plugin and all of your assistance here in the thread!

Can you give detailed walkthrough to get it working for it? I don't have a Mac and I want to support it.

Nekonron

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I just got it working too. What I did was copy the lib folder (with greenworks-osx64.node) and greenworks.js to Game.app\Contents\Resources\app.nw
Then throw in the following files into the lib folder from the sdk:

steam_api.dll
steam_api.lib
libsteam_apidylib (from osx32 folder)
libsdkencryptedappticket.dylib (from osx32 folder)

Also copied and overwrote everything from nw.js.

Tuomo L

Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Mac version crashing with 0x02000148 error.

Kyuukon

主人公
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello. I don't understand something: when downloading nw.js. How do I know which version should I use (x32 or x64)? Should I just go with x32 for all OS or should I make a build for each version and upload separately to Steam?

Last edited:

Nekonron

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I personally just went with x32, which also runs on 64bit systems.

Kyuukon

主人公
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
After I applied everything in the tutorial, when I initiate the game the screen and everything in it shows up "blurry" o.o I have to press "F3" key to make it go back to normal. Any way to make it permanent? I don't know why that happens :I

TWings

The Dragon Whisperer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I had the same issue. Looks like it's due to some kind of window resolution bug (maybe the new version is slightly bigger).
Plugins that auto-modify window resolution (like yanfly's core) can correct it.

Kyuukon

主人公
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm having yet another issue >.> The OrangeGreenworks.getAchievement('ACHIEVEMENT_NAME') command doesn't seem to be working correctly for me. It doesn't register my already obtained achievements. Could it be because the game is unreleased state? (it activates achievements fine so it isn't a plugin setup error).

wzackw

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
My own game runs slower on newer versions of nw.js too. If you only use achievements (no steam cloud, stats or things like that) you can use an older version of the OrangeGreenworks that didn't need the newer nw.js.

@Hudell First of all, thanks for making this plugin!

I don't plan for stats, steam cloud or anything like that, I just want stable, functioning achievements.
In that case, what is the most recent version of all the files that I should use to avoid running slower? 0.7 of Greenworks & nw.js v0.17.3 & SDK 1.37)?

Sorry for my confusion, but I'm a little turned around after reading the instructions and this thread. :confused: Hoping to get it sorted out and working in the next few days for both Mac & Windows! :oops: Thanks again!

EDIT: I wrote the wrong versions of the files at first.

Last edited:

wzackw

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
This is the original version of the plugin: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/H...3974fa00ac4e8477fe46cc094/OrangeGreenworks.js

To use it you need to rename the default Game.exe to nw.exe and use greenworks v0.5

But do all versions from then on out slow things down? I thought it was just the really recent ones, and that there might be a mid-period one that is an improvement over the original but doesn't slow things down yet. Sorry for such a nitpicky question!

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I haven't checked all of them.

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thank you! And do I need to rename the default game.exe if I use greenworks 0.7?
The older versions of nw.js had a bug in that it couldn't load native libraries if the nw.exe file was renamed (and the Game.exe is just a renamed nw.exe). I think they fixed it in nw.js 0.13

SimProse

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey,
I'm trying to get this working, but have encountered something strange. When I try to start my game (it does show it playing in my Steam profile fine), it launches a black box, but never actually starts up the game. I'm using the Windows 32-bit one (i'm on Windows 10) and have verified that i'm using the proper build and all and followed the instructions to the letter. What can cause this?

The libs folder has these in it:
greenworks-win32.node
sdkencryptedappticket.dll
sdkencryptedappticket.lib
steam_api.dll
steam_api.lib

Thanks!

Edit: Oh, it appears SRD's GameUpgrade is the culprit. Grr. Well, I guess i'll use an older version, since all I use is basic Achievements anyway.

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Don't you just hate it when you get a high level armor only for it to look like a metal plated bikini on your female character?? Seriously. How can that protect you??? Enemies can hit the squishy parts! :kaosigh:
Bathrooms are not designed for the middle of the night.
so... I decided since a park was an area in my game... here's an enemy that's slide with a hand behind it. cause why not.
Hot chocolate and music make studying and note-taking much easier :kaoluv:
Until my hand cramps up from writing too much!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kotare