OrangeGreenworks - Steam Integration with Achievements and Time Log

ayannya

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I saw an older post in this thread that mentioned SRD's GameUpgrade plugin as the issue, and once they removed it, it worked fine.
That's a bit pain in the ass, as I really need SRD's some title page plugin which depends on his GameUpgrade plugin... :kaocry:
Have you find out a workaround other than removing GameUpgrade or reverting to earlier version of OrangeGreenworks..? (I've tried the second one with the "earlier version" download link posted by @Hudell himself in one of the replies, with correct corresponding Greenworks/nw versions, doesn't work for me.)

ayannya

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi. Just wanted to answer your second question as I've been using Hudell's plugin in my two latest projects. From when I was testing the achievements, they unlocked fine for me even before the game was officially released (assuming you've activated the achievements via Steamworks already). :)
Hi @Matseb2611 , thanks for the reply, so my problem is right here!! :kaoswt2:

Quick question, did you see the lower-right-corner in-game notification badge when you start your game in steam? As is shown in the first pic in my original post? Also, when an achievement gets unlocked in the game, will you receive notification immediately and what is it like?

Do you mind also telling me which versions of Greenworks/nw.js you've been using with this? Also are you using the newest version or the old version of OrangeGreenworks? And did you replace Game.exe by nw.exe or did you rename Game.exe to nw?

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Remind me next weekend and I'll fix SRD's plugin to work properly with newer nw.js version. It will need to be fixed for MV 1.6 anyway

Matseb2611

Innovate, don't emulate
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Quick question, 1) did you see the lower-right-corner in-game notification badge when you start your game in steam? As is shown in the first pic in my original post? 2) Also, when an achievement gets unlocked in the game, will you receive notification immediately and what is it like?

3) Do you mind also telling me which versions of Greenworks/nw.js you've been using with this? Also are you using the newest version or the old version of OrangeGreenworks? 4) And did you replace Game.exe by nw.exe or did you rename Game.exe to nw?

Just thought I'd number the questions for easy reference.

1) Is this for after the game's release or before it? I honestly can't remember if it popped up. I do remember when I was testing with the SDK version to see if it managed to connect with Steam, it kept telling me that I couldn't establish link with Steam, but when I did this with the non-SDK version, had it all uploaded, and went on to test the achievements, it worked all fine.

2) Yeah, the achievements do seem to pop up in the lower-right corner immediately as soon as you get them. And then you also see them on your Steam profile.

3) Of course. I am using v1.1 of Orange Greenworks (according to its description when I open it in notepad++). For 'greenworks', I am using the one that's mentioned in the instructions, so v.0.10. And for nw.js, I am using version 0.22.3.

4) Yeah, I replaced the game.exe and all the other files outside of the 'www' and 'locales' folders apart from the package.json file. Then I added in the nw.js stuff into the folder. I didn't seem to need to rename it to 'game.exe'. It seems to launch fine without it. I do remember I once had trouble launching it, but when I removed the 'locales' folder and tried launching again, it worked fine and created a fresh new 'locales' folder on its own (it might be worth not deleting the old one though just in case).

ayannya

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Remind me next weekend and I'll fix SRD's plugin to work properly with newer nw.js version. It will need to be fixed for MV 1.6 anyway
I will, thank you so much for doing that!

Also, any idea why mine's still not working?:kaocry:I'm using SteamworksSDK 13.6, RMMV's original pack of nw, Greenworks 0.5.2, and the old version of your plugin now. This way I'm able to get back the notification as is shown in the last pic, but none of my achievements work still.

First pic is my project folder, second pic is inside www.

Attachments

• sspost1.png
    sspost1.png
    47.1 KB · Views: 9
  • sspost2.png
    sspost2.png
    32.3 KB · Views: 7

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Just by looking at it I don't know, but if you can send me a copy of the project, I can figure out what is wrong.

ayannya

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just by looking at it I don't know, but if you can send me a copy of the project, I can figure out what is wrong.
That'd be so nice of you! Err how can i send it to you, can I maybe have your email address?

Matseb2611

Innovate, don't emulate
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm using SteamworksSDK 13.6,

Not sure if that is the latest one or not, but thought I'd add that the one I was using is version 1.42 (I think the plugin was working in compatibility with v1.40, but 1.42 seemed to work fine too).

ayannya

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not sure if that is the latest one or not, but thought I'd add that the one I was using is version 1.42 (I think the plugin was working in compatibility with v1.40, but 1.42 seemed to work fine too).
Thank you so much for the detailed reply!

I'll replace everything with your version to give it another try... Hope I can have some luck! :kaopride:

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Just sent the same package shared on google drive and dropbox (two separate emails). Please let me know if you have trouble opening these. Thanks!

I received the dropbox link, but it won't let me download it without registering

SimProse

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

That would be great, since SRD decided to abandon plugin making. I'd like to be able to use current SDK builds and such with his plugins.

ayannya

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I received the dropbox link, but it won't let me download it without registering
I just resent it with a mailbox ending with 126.com. If you can't open that one;s attachment either, maybe I can try sending to your gmail if you have one so that you can access the google drive? Sorry for the inconvenience...

AestheticGamer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@ayannya with your first issue you outlined about Steamworks working once and then never again, I had experienced the same thing but had an even more severe issue but figured it out. It's related to the current version of nw.js, I did some digging and this issue happened for users with Steam Overlay in nw.js version 0.2.6. It is fixed with 0.2.7, but the newest version of Greenworks only goes up to 0.2.6 I believe. You'll either need to wait for a new Greenworks version that works with 0.2.7 or above, or use an older version of nw.js that's supported by Greenworks.

ayannya

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ayannya with your first issue you outlined about Steamworks working once and then never again, I had experienced the same thing but had an even more severe issue but figured it out. It's related to the current version of nw.js, I did some digging and this issue happened for users with Steam Overlay in nw.js version 0.2.6. It is fixed with 0.2.7, but the newest version of Greenworks only goes up to 0.2.6 I believe. You'll either need to wait for a new Greenworks version that works with 0.2.7 or above, or use an older version of nw.js that's supported by Greenworks.
Yeah... thanks for the reply. Right now I'm using the RMMV supplied default version of nw.js files, which should be of a very old version. At least when I tested this morning the steam overlay was back and the blackbox problem was also solved. Hope this is a complete fix! Can't really wait for a new Greenworks version as my game's release date is really around the corner (it's actually just waiting for this achievement system to work).

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm download it right now, will check the project later.

ayannya

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Hudell Hey Hudell, so just a reminder, can you take a look at my game's package as well as SRD's plugin problem if you have time this weekend? Thanks..:kaocry:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Don't you just hate it when you get a high level armor only for it to look like a metal plated bikini on your female character?? Seriously. How can that protect you??? Enemies can hit the squishy parts! :kaosigh:
Bathrooms are not designed for the middle of the night.
so... I decided since a park was an area in my game... here's an enemy that's slide with a hand behind it. cause why not.
Hot chocolate and music make studying and note-taking much easier :kaoluv:
Until my hand cramps up from writing too much!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kotare