- Mar 14, 2012
- Reaction score
- First Language
- Primarily Uses
"Greetings, fervent listeners! Every story has a beginning, including this one I'm about to tell! Even to this day, the elders still remember and the bards keep singing of one of the most ancient tales of our beloved Albhain! An epic fable of the brave heroes who journeyed all around our kingdom to save it from its demise! A legend full of devious monsters, arcane magic and... well, you all got the point by now! However, incredulous fools... do you know EXACTLY how did everything befall?"
Hey there! First and foremost, thank you for taking your time reading this. I've been a member of the forums for quite some time, and the questions solved and information provided through it had helped me a lot in the past, even if I mostly lurked around every now and then. I'm finally working on a project, so it only feels natural to share its development with all of you here!
ORBCRAFT CODEX, taking place in a high fantasy setting, borrows a lot of inspiration from classic pen-and-paper and pre 2000 computer role-playing-games (both western and particularly japanese), which I'm kind of obsessed about from a long time!
Its story centers around a soldier trainee from the Garaw Fort (the Protagonist) who, after being given an important task, will find himself travelling along new companions towards the Capital-City of the Kingdom of Albhain, hopefully on time to prevent an (of course!) impending disaster.
The Protagonist / Battler
Our main character and the one the player sees the story through! A soldier aspirant from the Garaw Fort with little memories of his past (ya'll see that coming!). As a battler, he's able to dish and sustain a lot of physical damage, however if he falls in combat is game over...
Morann / Enchanter / Neutral
A túath hailing from the distant land of Eiresthe looking for a missing powerful (but also dangerous) grimoire. Although initially weak, enchanters can learn many useful and devastating magic spells.
Cormag / Vicar / Law
Having spent most of his life in the Refer-Sart Priory, he's good-natured and a person of high morals. Vicars have a bit of battlers and enchanters, as they are able to resist a lot of damage and have their own (although more limited) selection of magic spells to aid the party.
Tamhas / Marauder / Chaos
Despite being involved in crooked dealings and having his own agenda, he owes his life to the Protagonist, which eventually will lead him to join the party. Marauders can provide good support either in battle or during dungeon expeditions thanks to their unique aptitudes (which you probably have guessed already!).
- Explore the Kingdom of Albhain and protect it against the powers in the shadows!
- Rush straight through the main campaign or go at your leisure completing many side quests and enjoying the local vistas. Which takes us to the next point...
- Choose wisely what and whatnot to do! Some events will certainly have a different outcome!
- Esprit de Corps: get to know your party members! (There's only three of them, there's no reason why you shouldn't!)
- Challenging and hopefully rewarding gameplay! Can't go myself and self-proclaim it's difficult, but it sure will try to be!
- Over 40 non-palette swapped enemies!Custom art content! Lots of it, actually (For good or worse...!).
Early Gameplay Videos
- Contains materials from "Bonus Materials" (C) 2012 ENTERBRAIN, INC. Music by Isoda Shigeharu.
- This is the first demo version, which will keep you busy for around 45-1h, depending on how much of a completionist you are! It should be enough to set the tone of the story and its gameplay elements. Thank you so much for taking your time should you decide to try it!