Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k
cropped-logover11.png

Introduction
coverver11.jpg

"Greetings, fervent listeners! Every story has a beginning, including this one I'm about to tell! Even to this day, the elders still remember and the bards keep singing of one of the most ancient tales of our beloved Albhain! An epic fable of the brave heroes who journeyed all around our kingdom to save it from its demise! A legend full of devious monsters, arcane magic and... well, you all got the point by now! However, incredulous fools... do you know EXACTLY how did everything befall?"

Hey there! First and foremost, thank you for taking your time reading this. I've been a member of the forums for quite some time, and the questions solved and information provided through it had helped me a lot in the past, even if I mostly lurked around every now and then. I'm finally working on a project, so it only feels natural to share its development with all of you here!

ORBCRAFT CODEX, taking place in a high fantasy setting, borrows a lot of inspiration from classic pen-and-paper and pre 2000 computer role-playing-games (both western and particularly japanese), which I'm kind of obsessed about from a long time!

Its story centers around a soldier trainee from the Garaw Fort (the Protagonist) who, after being given an important task, will find himself travelling along new companions towards the Capital-City of the Kingdom of Albhain, hopefully on time to prevent an (of course!) impending disaster.

Characters
hero1.png

The Protagonist / Battler
Our main character and the one the player sees the story through! A soldier aspirant from the Garaw Fort with little memories of his past (ya'll see that coming!). As a battler, he's able to dish and sustain a lot of physical damage, however if he falls in combat is game over...

hero21.png

Morann / Enchanter / Neutral
A túath hailing from the distant land of Eiresthe looking for a missing powerful (but also dangerous) grimoire. Although initially weak, enchanters can learn many useful and devastating magic spells.

hero3.png

Cormag / Vicar / Law
Having spent most of his life in the Refer-Sart Priory, he's good-natured and a person of high morals. Vicars have a bit of battlers and enchanters, as they are able to resist a lot of damage and have their own (although more limited) selection of magic spells to aid the party.

hero4.png

Tamhas / Marauder / Chaos
Despite being involved in crooked dealings and having his own agenda, he owes his life to the Protagonist, which eventually will lead him to join the party. Marauders can provide good support either in battle or during dungeon expeditions thanks to their unique aptitudes (which you probably have guessed already!).
Game Features
  • Explore the Kingdom of Albhain and protect it against the powers in the shadows!
  • Rush straight through the main campaign or go at your leisure completing many side quests and enjoying the local vistas. Which takes us to the next point...
  • Choose wisely what and whatnot to do! Some events will certainly have a different outcome!
  • Esprit de Corps: get to know your party members! (There's only three of them, there's no reason why you shouldn't!)
  • Challenging and hopefully rewarding gameplay! Can't go myself and self-proclaim it's difficult, but it sure will try to be!
  • Over 40 non-palette swapped enemies!Custom art content! Lots of it, actually (For good or worse...!).

Screenshots
ocscreen13.png

ocscreen21.png

ocscreen1.png

ocscreen3.png

ocscreen7.png

ocscreen8.png

ocscreen41.png

ocscreen12.png

ocscreen11.png

Early Gameplay Videos

Additional Credits
  • Contains materials from "Bonus Materials" (C) 2012 ENTERBRAIN, INC. Music by Isoda Shigeharu.
Download Demo Version [Ver.D001]
  • This is the first demo version, which will keep you busy for around 45-1h, depending on how much of a completionist you are! It should be enough to set the tone of the story and its gameplay elements. Thank you so much for taking your time should you decide to try it!
http://www.mediafire.com/file/vvc8wpx5mqwlz5x/ORBCRAFT_CODEX_[Ver.D001].zip

Last edited:

kainworks

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k
Thank you so much for reading this thread and to those who accepted it the first place!
I added a new section containing some videos featuring the first minutes of gameplay and dungeon exploration. Hope you guys enjoy it and, as usual, feedback is encouraged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Next goal is to make pull & push + lift & throw systems with mouse support and have skill levels in them and action indicators!
>What's your avatar about? Is it yours?
I did not do that drawing. It's a screenshot taken from a comic featuring characters from Touhou such as Tenshi and Iku (the girl in the avatar). It's drawn by someone under the name of Yohane.
Link to the comic (SFW, but navigating around Dynasty Reader is NSFW)
Progress on my game is nearly done, so I figured I show you guys the title screen. I hope you like it!
Title Screen.png
Does this ever happen to anyone?: your making a battle sprite [or any sprite] then when you mess something up you then see it as something diff, then working with it? its hard to say in words but it happens to me all the time
found out how to change pfp, literally there's a hidden thingy on the bottom of it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
beauty143