Orb's Logos

Discussion in 'Resource Workshops' started by Orb, Aug 7, 2017.

1. Orb

Orb Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    *This shop is currently CLOSED. I will let you all know once I re-open it. I'm sorry for the inconvenience*

Hi humans! I'm here to offer my humble service as an amateur designer making logos for free; it is my own way to say "thanks" to the community, in return for all the things I've taken from such a nice forum. And, well, I want to build up my portfolio as well.

That being said, let's get into the details:

º What can I offer? (for now) º
    • Logos (mainly)​
    • Small graphic assets (divisors, cursors...)​
    • Title Screen​
    • Forum Signatures​
    º Samples of my work º

Ergo.png
    dreamsofmagicJap.png
    Rendezvous.png
    battle rush 1.png
    Aetheria.png

zeri3.png

PolarisTheChronicle.png

º Request Template º

Title: This is the name of your game and what's going to be displayed in the logo. If you want a pictorial mark (that is, a symbol or image that represents the game but has no typography in it) you have to specify it.
    Genre: Fantasy/Futuristic/Medieval...
    Style reference (optional): You can show me up to three logos that will serve as reference/inspiration of what you want or how you want the logo.
    Commercial: You have to tell me if this is for a commercial product or not. The resources I'll use to make the logo will highly depend on whether your game is non-commercial or not.
    Game reference: I don't want to commit to someone who hasn't started anything yet. You have to prove you are currently working on a project you're reasonably commited with. You can send me a link to your game's post, a screenshot via PM, a trailer, a sketch, a fanart, or any other evidence that proves you're working on something (either big or small).
    Color palette (optional): Up to 3 colors. If you don't really care about the color, just leave this part empty.
    Platform (optional): VX/MV...
    Other (optional): For any other comments or specific details you'll like to see in your logo.

Reference: If you need a signature or an asset to show off and publicise your game, you have to share with me a little bit about your project
    Color palette (optional): If you want a specific color, you can choose up to three.
    Other/comments: Any other specifications you'd like to point out.

º Rules and terms º

1. You have to credit me as Eduardo Traviezo Triolo, as well as any other artist from whom I could have used resources. In that case, you should be aware that some artists might have slightly different terms than those I have (and I will specify to you which ones once you get your logo), but I will try to design everything by myself.
    2. Logos made for non-commercial games can be edited and reposted with credit.
    3. Logos made for commercial games can be reposted with credit, but edits are not allowed (except for changes in size/dimension).
    4. Assets in general (such as cursors and divisors) are free to edit and can be shared with credits. This means that everything I do (aside from logos) can be used by anyone as a free resource, both commercially and non-commercially.
    5. Signatures are free to use, edit, and share with credits.
    6. Since this is not a paid comission, you are not entitled to any type of revisions or edits from me unless I state otherwise. Comments on minor corrections (such as typing mistakes or colors) are accepted and welcomed.
    7. I'll take as long as I need to complete your request. Please don't be pushy about it.
    8. There are 3 slots in total, and I will re-open the list as soon as the open requests are completed.
    9. Only 1 logo is allowed per user each week. That is, if you want a second logo or design once yours has been fulfilled, you have to wait until next week to be added in the waiting list
    10. I reserve myself the right to deny any commission. I'm also free to add your logo to my personal and/or professional portfolio as needed.
    11. If you want to keep the details fo your logo private, you can contact me via PM. However, you still have to leave a comment here so everyone else knows I'm working on your request.

Current slots:
    -closed:rhappy:
    -closed:elhappy:
    -closed:ehappy:

Last edited: Mar 18, 2018
  2. HexMozart88

HexMozart88 The Master of Random Garbage Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    OwwwO Hex approves! Despite being a graphic designer myself, I may just request something from here.
    Oh, by the way, I'm not a human, I'm a demon. I'm offended. *shakes head*

Orb likes this.
  3. Orb

Orb Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    @HexMozart88 I'd be honored:kaojoy:. And heck, I should edit my first post (don't wanna sound exclusive to demons!!:biggrin:)

HexMozart88 likes this.
  4. Taekwondough

Taekwondough Cleric in Denial Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Hey!
    This looks nice!
    In my game, there's this minigame called "Battle Bash"
    Don't need to explain the minigame, all I ask for is this.
    I want a picture of the two swords I linked clashing together at the middle, near top of the logo. Under it I want text saying "Battle Bash."I'm not sure what mod would work, so you check. You're making it, I think you'd get a feel of what you'd want.And I want the background to be a hellish background with fire.
    Hopefully this won't be too hard : D
    Good luck!
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
  5. Orb

Orb Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    @Taekwondough Hi there! Thanks for posting.

Sorry but I'm not sure if I get what you want. Do you want an actual logo or just a small message popping up above some character? You said you want a "background" with fire so I wonder if we're talking about a logo or a title screen kinda thing.

What do you mean by "mod"? What platform are you using? Do you want it to look retro? The two swords are those from the images you added? is this a commercial or a non-commercial game?

The more specific you are, the more I can help you :)

6. Taekwondough

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Oh ffs I meant font not mod :|:blink::blink:.How I messed that up I do not know.
    I meant you choose which font you want, because when you design it you'll get the feel of what's good.
    I want an actual logo, the size of the default screen. I'm using RMVXA.
    The two swords are from the images I added yes.That yellow one and that normal one.
    But I changed the characters a bit so just do two normal swords clashing.
    And yes, I want it to be retro.
    My game's non-commercial.

7. Orb

Orb Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    @Taekwondough

There ya go, (I made two slightly different versions), hope you like it :)
    battle rush 1.png
    battle rush 2.png
    Credits to:
    -Eduardo Traviezo
    -freepik (for the swords, which were edited to fit your sprites)

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
  8. Taekwondough

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Oh...uh... while it may be perfect.. I asked for "Battle Bash", not "Battle Rush."
    Please can you fix it?
    Regaurdless, good job! :ehappy:

9. Orb

Orb Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    @Taekwondough Oh my, well that's embarrasing:kaoback:

I edited the post, it should be fixed by now. Sorry about that:kaoswt:

10. Taekwondough

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Nah, no need to apologise. It's fine.
    Thanks for the logo :D!
    Is it too much to ask for more or...?

11. Orb

Orb Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    @Taekwondough No problem :) Since nobody else has requested anything, I can make you a second logo (or whatever else you might need). Just make sure to follow the template in the first post.

Also, I will update the rules and highlight the amount of requests per user (just in case I get too many)

12. Taekwondough

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I'd like to do this in PM.

13. Kefka

Kefka Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Title: Spira Mirabilis

Genre: Low Fantasy (Dark)

Commercial: Yes

Game reference: I'm uploading a small screenshot of the tavern in the first town, just to prove that I am actually working on something. I don't mind at all showing that I've actually made maps and such- I'm just keeping the story-line under lock and key for the time being. :)

[​IMG]

Color palette I would prefer dark, rich, eye-catching colors more than anything else. While it is not set in stone, think colors like blacks and rich jewel tones such as sapphire or emerald, maybe?

Platform VX Ace

Other Would it be possible to request a very simple title screen (like maybe leather or just a simple black texture) along with the logo?

14. Orb

Orb Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    @Kefka Hi Kefka! I'm very sorry for the late reply. If you are still interested in a logo please send me via PM some reference pictures (such as other logos) that could resemble the design you want

Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
  15. Vis_Mage

Vis_Mage Novice Magician Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Hey!

By chance, do you have a slot open for a title screen request?

Additionally, are there any other details that you'd want for a title screen, opposed to a logo?

Last edited: Oct 22, 2017
  16. Orb

Orb Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    @Vis_Mage Sure fam! There's one slot open. If you need both a logo and a title screen, please specify the type of logo you want (based on the request template) and the screen (background) to match with it. Additionally, if you're using any plugins, additional options, customized dimensions or any other aspect that's different from the default, you should let me know as well to fit it properly :)

17. Vis_Mage

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Title: Dreams of Magic
    Genre: Fantasy/Cutesy
    Style reference: I'm hoping to look kinda cutsy/magical. Most of the "Atelier" games have logo's simular to what I'm looking for. Here's a couple of examples...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Commercial: Non-commercial
    Game reference: Here's a few screenshots from the game:
    example1.png
    ForestMap2.png
    Color palette: Not entirely sure what would look good...
    Platform: VxAce
    Other For the title screen, I'm using 640x480 resolution.

If you have any other questions you'd like me to answer, please be sure to ask!

18. Orb

Orb Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    @Vis_Mage It's done!

I didn't want to make something generic/mediocre so I put a lot of effort into this logo (I'm kinda proud of it :)). It took some time since I needed some inspiration; I like challenges and this one was a challenge indeed:

DreamsOfMagic.png
    DreamsOfMagicTitleScreen.png
    DreamsOfMagicSample.png

Let me know if you want to make small changes (e.g. the color). I was also thinking that a Japanese alternative name at the bottom of "Dreams" would look pretty nice and professional but I don't know how to write katakana and didn't know if you would like it or not.

Credits:
    -To me (follow the rules shown in the first post)
    -To freepik (Optional): for the vectors I used in the background as well as the texture

Last edited: Oct 26, 2017
    mara_vertin and Vis_Mage like this.
  19. Vis_Mage

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Orb Woah, it turned out amazing, I love it! Thank you very much! :kaopride:

I like how the colors turned out, it looks really good with the title screen script I'm using. Adding a Japanese alternative name sounds pretty cool. I'd be interested, if you're willing to.

Orb likes this.
  20. Orb

Orb Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    @Vis_Mage Say no more!

I decided it'd be better to add the translation at the top, and not at the bottom. Also I corrected some mistakes regarding the shadows and dimensions:
    dreamsofmagicJap.png
    I talked to a Japanese friend and she kindly translated the title into Japanese (This is literal, phonetic katakana, which is commonly used to translate RPG game titles)

Last edited: Oct 26, 2017