Lady_JJ

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@ShadowDragon - I misunderstood your comment then. I thought you meant there was a secret room somewhere near there. As for the lockpick, there is no way I am ever going to be able to do it. The time it takes me to process what the next key is and then direct the correct finger to press just takes too long. Slowing reflexes is just a consequence of the aging process. I could do the earlier lockpick because the sequence was hard coded. I just wrote down U_L_D_ (or whatever it was) and that was easier for me. Looking at the symbol, then having to interpret that symbol, adds a middle step for mental processing and that makes this puzzle impossible for me. I do appreciate you telling what's in there, though. It looks like there's little there that I can't farm elsewhere. When you say dark crystal, do you mean dark mana?

@Cythera - Will this next release complete the story then? As impatient as I am for the story to continue, please do take your time. It is apparent that you have put your heart and soul into this game. It is nearly perfect. One of the best games I've played in a long time. If there's only about 5 hours of play left, then I'll probably finish the game first as an avid fan, then restart a fresh game as a playtester.

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Lady_JJ
it's the dark mana or gem or whatever the name, it is used upgrading your skill.
as for the story, yes, it's one of the best game I played with a nice story.

but I got used to arrows and Z and X, if you know how to move you finger, you
can do it almost blindly, but if switching to fast from left, left, down, Z, down, left X
and so one, and constantly randomly, I can understand you strunggle with it.

but if you go there again, even if you dont want, than take a chance.
this is what you can try to do (I wont push you, totally up to you) but it might help.

when on the locked door, for the QTE, activate and do nothing for the first 3-6x
this also fails you 3-6x, but keep in mind for moving your vingers over the buttons.,
without pressing it, just to if you can memorize them.

than take a shot 3-5x with pressing, while focussing on the screen and arrow direction,
and press those.

if you are really want those items, I can send you a DM for my Discord, and I will open
the door for you, save inside, and send the file back to you (make sure it's savefile 2 or 3)
so you can take the items from there. (I wont glitch the status for you) (but this is optional).

but while some items are usefull, specially the 2 dark mana for upgrade a passive skill.
which are quiet rare, it is nice to have, maybe the charm as well.

but I try to compleet this demo later this day else tomorrow when possible =)

Lady_JJ

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@ShadowDragon - That's a nice offer and I do thank you. I won't take you up on it this time, but maybe when I do a runthrough of the final released game. :) At the moment, I don't need any more dark mana. I still have 18 in reserve and all players have attained their passives. I spent some time farming dark mana and ethane minerals back in the Eastern Forest before entering the Basalt Mines.

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ic, offer stays :) just DM me and say hte word :)

@Cythera I beat the demo, while you can skip the worm appantly, which can set
to the exit, "there seems still a worm around here" or similair.

also, you teleport to the exit (even if you did not reach it yet) after the worm is killed.
you might want to stay on the spot so they can find the exit if they didn't do that yet.

besides those, really nicely done :) can't wait to continue :)

Last edited:

Cythera

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I missed a conspiracy in the works haha! @ShadowDragon are you trying to sell QTE successes?!
Yes, I do teleport players to the labyrinth exit if they kill the wormy. I figure I'd be nice that way, but if you insist, I can stop being nice... ;)
The demo ends at the labyrinth exit so it's standard text, but the normal event does consider if you killed the worm or not. If you didn't kill the worm and try to leave, Mara has something to say to you. You can, of course, ignore her and leave anyway. Or turn around the go hunt lil wormy.
@Lady_JJ Yeah, it's a rather easy battle; I was feeling generous after creating the labyrinth. Though you are also level 70+ soooo most fights will be easy for your team! There's no diverting wormy; you either fight it or leave it alone.
P.S Also, Squall does have a 'secret area' in the labyrinth!
As for releasing the rest of the game, the idea is to do it all at once :) I probably will put out a Ver. 2.2 before then, to clean up some issues, typos, balancing, that kind of thing. Then Ver. 3.0 is intended to finish up the game and include the side content. I'm going on a mapping spree right now in an attempt to finish all the needed maps. It makes me extremely happy you're enjoying my game so much! ^-^

Lady_JJ

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
<snip>
P.S Also, Squall does have a 'secret area' in the labyrinth!
As for releasing the rest of the game, the idea is to do it all at once :) I probably will put out a Ver. 2.2 before then, to clean up some issues, typos, balancing, that kind of thing. Then Ver. 3.0 is intended to finish up the game and include the side content. I'm going on a mapping spree right now in an attempt to finish all the needed maps. It makes me extremely happy you're enjoying my game so much! ^-^
Back to searching for Squall's 'secret area.' I'm assuming it's not the oasis?
Very much looking forward to the next release. :)

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Cythera I dont sell QTE successes, I help Lady_JJ if she wish.
I dont say I do that for everyone though, while she has low reflexes,
so I though to be nice if she wants too (as optional).

but I really like if you put the players back on the worm spot, in case they want
to walk deeper.

as for Squall "Secret Area" I went everywhere on every floor (even an exit),
but nowhere is for the area unless not implemented yet or something overlooked.
I went floor by floor, left to right and back, up and down on each floor :)

but if you STOP being nice, you are just more cuter an adorable <3
but I wait to squash the final boss for you ^^

Cythera

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It is the oasis :3 There are carvings on the trees with - well. I'll leave that haha!
Shadow, how dare you call me cute?! I am fierce! I am evil, and I demand respect from my fear-filled servants, and - aww, my fuzzy socks are done in the dryer! Now my feet can be warm! <3

kimo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Shadow, how dare you call me cute?! I am fierce! I am evil, and I demand respect from my fear-filled servants, and - aww, my fuzzy socks are done in the dryer! Now my feet can be warm! <3

OMG! How friggin cute! When someone ever shoots at you with the intent to kill you, let me know how badass you feel after that. :eek:

@Cythera
I concure with @ShadowDragon and @Lady_JJ about this being one great game. I've been giving the respawn issue a lot of thought, so how about the signs saying something like "Monster Breeding Area" "You've Been Warned!". I know you will still get comments from people about the frequency feeling like it's excessive. I'll wait until you think the game is finished before I comment any more on this.

Also, I agree with @Lady_JJ about having problems with that storage room lock. Older people will never be able to complete the task and if they are "Certified Completionists" they will be very upset. It's similar to the game's darkness in general. For example, the arrows above each character and the thinness of status bars will keep some people who play a demo from buying the full version.

I'm also available for testing your game's final version from it's beginning after completing the upcoming section first. There are quite a few crafting books that have been bought, but are not useable. That's quite a bit of work ahead of you. All 3 of us seem excited about your future, but I think everyone would appreciate your story being properly and fully completed to your liking.

I didn't notice any carvings on trees in the desert oasis. Did you do something naughty? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@kimo I think that's something to figure that out, as I didn't saw anycarvings,
nor do I if it open a short cutscene, it's best to check that out though.

but @Cythera cannot handle me, but she is adorable when she is fierce <3 (sorry)
but if you have alot problems with the lockpick door, I might have a solution for it.

the way it is, has nice armor and items to use for what's coming or before the worm fight.

but if let's say, as teh following:
after 5 tries, it shows a choice (easy (for 5 tries) (than repeat easy/hard)
when easy, same random, but time twice as long, but no Dark Mana, and less items.
when Hard (for 5 tries, than repeat easy or hard to choose for another 5 tries)
same items as now.

easy might not have diamond gear (if not have it), or gets sapphire or gold gear.
which are weaker than or instead of armor, some iron, gold, silver, sapphire.

the room might be the same, but different weapon (thats up for Cythera to say.
while this is 1 solution, but like she said, it's intended to be hard, and so far, there
is only 2 of those in the entire game I notice.

Edit:
I re-checked the oasis, it's kinda funny though haha. I dont know how I miss those :D

Last edited:

kimo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@ShadowDragon
I like your idea of a sliding scale of reward for the supply room. After all, I paid 1 Mana Stone to find out the 1st clock number for that puzzle. So also skipping the lock by paying some mana stones would work for anyone I think. Dark Mana stones should not be given if the player cannot pick the lock as @Cythera wants them to do.

It's really a matter of whether the game will sell very well to the players that will love the story, if they have trouble with tasks that are too challenging because of the players' lack of dexterity, vision challenges, etc.

I missed the statue carvings and will go back when @Cythera releases the next part. See you then.

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@kimo paying mana stones which can get is to easy.
time length of the lock pick, but the timer twice and previous will be able
to lockpick by ANYONE, so give up to pay mana gem is probably a no-go.

the carvings are on the tree (might be naughty, depends on your looks)

kimo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@ShadowDragon
A longer time length for picking the lock would be preferable to me, but if @Cythera wants to retain the current time length to accomplish the task, I suggested Mana stones because they have serious value. I did omit "Dark" from mana stones. And, of course, those Dark Mana stones might not be found inside the storge room.

But your other suggestions are valid options, too.

I just always think players with some physical limitation should never be "locked out" of any quest/task/game sequences after reading many years of comments from those people. It's like me with red/green situations.

Lady_JJ

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
The cables of the basalt mine lift cause some minor passability issues.

1613342766995.png
In some areas, like this one (level 3), the cables serve to walk over the otherwise non-passable chasm.

In other areas, like level 1, the cables seem to have a star passability and Vincent can walk right through the cable.

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Seems @Cythera the fierce beauty is sleeping on her job <3 but aside of that.

@Lady_JJ it's weird that I miss that, I suspected that if the elevator works,
on ground floor, every part is correct. but nice job finding that part.

Looks like Vicent do some acrobatics workshops before going through.
"Mara: Vincent, I didn't know ou could do Acrobatics!"
"Vincent: Well, I do that all the time I wake up, you should try it sometime."
"Mara: No thank you."

=) but nice catch though :)

hdhayes11

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Hunter
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Gonna keep an eye on this, looks very promising and right up my alley!

Cythera

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am not sleeping, @ShadowDragon ! I am not! I am - Im literally laying in bed right now ._.
Okay, so I took a step back recently haha. I also just finished about 30 maps; be nice :p
Nice catch, @Lady_JJ thanks! I fixed it with some region restrictions. On one level you need to walk behind the cables to get a treasure chest, hence the star pass ability ^-^
Awesome, @hdhayes11 ! There is a demo available right now that has roughly 27-30 hours of gameplay. I'd love to hear your feedback on my game :)

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
if there is a treasure, than I missed that somewhere. while looking every corner,
but it seems not hard enough.

while you do 30 maps in 1 week or less, I keep struggling with 1 D:
mapping is hard while for others easier.

But I try to combine editor and parallax, not sure how overlays plugin works.
but combining parallax floor with editor, it gives already a huge control :)

also busy with other things, but keep the nice work going, hence the
lockpick "hardest" in the last cave for the end of demo, what do you
think on the system to make it easier for others? (as optional)

or +2 mana stones = twice the length of time or when selecting easy if
they fail hard 3x so they can choose easy or continue hard?

Cythera

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No, I detest mapping ._. But all the fun database work is done up till the final boss and the optional Retheam Temple fights. So mapping it is... I also want to go back and clean up some early game maps now that my mapping skills have improved.
I'm considering an easier lock pick option, where after X fails it becomes easier but the loot inside scales down. Honestly, not over keen on it. It's a bonus room with good loot; I think scaling the loot down with an easier QTE lock pick cheapens the whole thing. Maybe I'm old school that way :3 It's much more likely I'll tack on an extra second or two to the timer to make the QTE more fair. I'm really good at QTE so I'll have to defer to other peoples' opinions on if the timer is fair.

kimo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@hdhayes11
Definitely download the game and start playing. I'm going to be playing this a second time after the game is completed. Just ignore any typos/grammar errors for now. I checked and @Cythera did pass High School English .... Remedial(?). :biggrin:
3 of us have been playing this game for a few weeks and finding minor issues. No one has been stuck while playing this game. It is certainly a challenging game and I'm sure a person with a new view would help @Cythera make some design decisions. She takes critiques rather well (at least I have never seen her cry about anything).

@Cythera
The lockpick sequence is, of course, your decision. My previous comment about giving up precious Dark Mana Stones, but not finding any inside the room, is still a decent option for people who value equipment over skills. However, I think extending the time allotment until @Lady_JJ can finish the task is a good choice too; maybe even better because it would give a feeling of completion without a compromise being made.

I'm really looking forward to your next release version.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I'm working on a modding system of my game and I screw the game up, so hard that I have to access my backup in my hard drive ;-;
Stop shutting the damn power down! Why always like this
Working on a slightly experimental horror game. It will be finished in approximately 88888888888 years.
Y'all will enjoy it though, I put lots of effort into making it stand out.

It's called Red Light and it's inspired by another obscure RPG Maker horror game, but I don't want to give too much away just yet.
Ohh man, Weapon animations plugin feels so mandatory. Seeing that same image regardless of the icon of the weapon....ugh :p
Ok so......Maaaaybe I've taken a ''little'' bit of inspiration from FF9 when it comes to battle hud xD

ff9.PNG

Just maybe....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Faxify