Walldeaf

The Event-Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Cereal is always good. (with some sugar and cacao on it :)

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm missing you @Cythera and the game whats behind the exit of the cave.
also for the test run on your shadow boss :)

Cythera

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I miss your bullying too, @ShadowDragon !
Be patient a bit longer, okay? :3 I've decided to split the final update into two updates - 2.2 and 3.0
2.2 will have a good chunk of the optional side content, along with your shadow dragon to fight. 2.2 is going to add approximately 5-6 hours of side stuff. So you should be plenty prepared for when I throw the final boss at you in 3.0! ^-^

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I look forward to it :), if you live far closer where I llive or vice versa,
I would personally hug you :)

kimo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Good idea about splitting up the updates because the side jobs will keep us all busy trying to break stuff while you work on the main story.

Looking forward to your next release, but please take your time and make it what you want it to be even if it seems impossible for me to complete those timed sequences. :unsure:

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
nothing is impossible, if you try hard enough, it can be possible :)

but I dont want to bully Cythera anymore, but breaking game is something
I can do best (beside grammar).

but I'm going to make a top 3 of the games I played, and based it on
adventure, actions and story =)

so I get 3x top 3 list in each category, this one is at least on the top 3
of the story category part which is really nicely done :).

so many rpg devs, so many games, but some are really standing out :).

Keep up teh nice work, and let us know when we can break your game ^^

Cythera

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Here, I took some in-progress pictures so you can believe me when I say I'm working on my game instead of playing Ark - well. I mean. I am still playing Ark. My tickle chicken army isn't going to mutate and raise itself.
But. I am still working on my game :yswt:
These are map shots, so obviously events are not captured in them.
Map375.png
Map466.png
Forgive the cut-off at the bottom of this next capture; my capture software had a hissy fit at me haha. But this is the fast-travel system
capture2.png

And, for @ShadowDragon , your counterpart - absolutely wrecking my underlevelled and underprepared team....
Capture.png
You might be able to see in the turn order bar, Mara is wearing a new transmog ^-^ It took me so long to draw hers, but I'm really happy with how it looks.

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you mapping looks nice, I see teleportations to previous maps you explored.
I wish I had mapping skills, but my town grow slowly :p but it becomes nice.

need alot of edits, but also made some plugins in between to keep my head
cool :), 2 new plugins, 1 updates, 1 needs to be updated still :p

ShadowDragon_Core (not for public) have some main function I need.
ShadowDragon_TRI <-- you would love this one, but it doesn't work on it's own,
also require the core, but otherwise, you cannot steal it as well :D.

what that one does is a surprise for now :p and I got 1 other forgot the name
(I know its a shame I formy own plgin names), but it can open some random
paths on startup, so you each run or new game has a chance for a different
path that is open. so you can have 4 houses, but only 1 is open per game :p
what lies behind it can be a surprise, but depends how you use it :p

but I will beat that boss on level 30 or under :p unless I play really nicely :D

Cythera

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Soooo, ah, it's been a while. And I've got some bad news. And some good news. And then a little bit more bad news.
Bad news, the update isn't quite ready yet.
Good news, barring any unexpected game-breaking bugs, I anticipate said update to be ready in the first or second week of June.
Bad news, every time I get burnt out on mapping, I add more horrible puns to the game. And I. DETEST. Mapping.
Enjoy the many upcoming puns and jokes.
Map560.png
Looks like a good place for a boss fight, right? Riiiighttttt?

Map548.png
I've always loved this tileset...I kinda want to make the region bigger so I can make more maps with the tileset, then I realize that would mean making more maps so I don't.

Progress.png
Don't mind my capture software derping once again.
This is my favorite of the new bosses, simply because oh my gosh it is wrecking me time and time again! This fight also contains one of those lovely aforementioned puns...
See its name? Aruanja?
Well, Aruanja glad it's name isn't Banana?! :ywink:

kimo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Good to see you're still working on it. A few more weeks won't change the world. After all, "RL Happens."

I've always loved this tileset...I kinda want to make the region bigger so I can make more maps with the tileset, then I realize that would mean making more maps so I don't.
Most of my world is islands, so where did your "palm tree" tile set come from? I like the curved trunk palms. The trees look different than the MV tiles.

I've had a glass, or two, of wine but I don't get the "banana" pun. "Are-you-anja? Hmmmmm.

Lady_JJ

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Well, Aruanja glad it's name isn't Banana?!
I get the pun. Aruanja glad it's not another banana?! :)
Glad to know the game has life still. It was interesting reading all the many comments in the steal thread. I kept thinking, "Please don't keep Ella from stealing in battle."

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Lady_JJ don't trust Ella, before you know it, she stole something without
you noticing it =)

@Cythera your water map is nice, but a nice place indeed, it's probably not easy
to reach without some stuff around it.

but keep up the amazing work, once ready, we throw "bugs" to you :D

Cythera

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Here you go, @kimo ! This is where I got those palm trees (and a few other tiles) from.
Fear not, @Lady_JJ , I have no intention of taking away Ella's steal ability! I did change it though - for the better, I hope.
Straight from my changelog:
Revamped the steal mechanics. Steal rates are now increased by 10% for every 25 Agility faster than the target, up to a max of +50%. Also, majority of enemies now have a crafting item and a healing item in their steal pool at high to guaranteed rates. Any items in their steal pool after that tend to have decreasing rates. Exceptions to this are bosses and scripted enemies. Bosses obviously have more and higher quality in their steal pool at varying rates
@ShadowDragon I have no doubt some bugs will slip past me, but I'm hoping to crush as many as I can for the update :3

The update is...pretty big. The entire Kaldia, Verity, Etheral, and Portien regions are complete. Lots of side content, new locations, new quests, and of course, new bosses. I made some mechanical changes too, like the boss difficulty settings - it's now a lot more sensitive and the bosses get notably stronger/smarter depending on player choices. I really hope you will all enjoy the changes and content additions! :)

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
no doubt, changes that makes them smarter is nice :p
hopefully, I can do the trick again on the the dragon female boss :D.

and all others if it works. but I try to play nicely and squash all bugs
or as many as I can.

Spermidine

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
This game looks very promising, but I absolutely, definitely, positively hate time pressure elements and day/night cycles in particular. Honestly, add a clock to my most favorite game and I'll never touch it again. :D

So my suggestion would be to at least give the player an item with which (s)he can switch between day and night of their own accord. Many developers ignored such advice in the past, probably because it would be a pain to implement such an item, but you, Cythera, seem to be rather capable. :)

Cythera

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi @Spermidine ! I have the option to push time forward several hours by sleeping in an inn, so you can indeed control if it's day or night!
There is only a single instance in my game that is 'time pressure' with a limited time, but I give plenty of it, and you can still sleep to push time forward if you want to skip that segment.
If you give my game a try, please feel free to leave any feedback here :)

Cythera

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Update time!
Ver. 2.5.0 is now available for download! It was, uh, a big update. Here's the changelog - gotta scroll for a while to reach the bottom :ywink:

I'm going to be updating the screenshots both here and on the Itch page in the coming days; I just wanted to get the update out now, as I'm going to be out tomorrow. There may also be a game trailer in the works? I'll see how much video editing I can handle or if I just stick to screenshots haha.

For anyone that's been playing Origin Hunt previously (or, anyone who just starts it and wants to help me out by answering a few questions)
I've been thinking of one day going commercial with this project. When I started making it, I really had no plans as I honestly didn't think it would go anywhere, get any attention, or that I'd fall in love with making the game as much as I have. Now that I'm nearing the end of developing the game though, it's something I both want and should think about - the end goal.
So, my lil survey:
  • Ignoring marketing for the moment, would this game be something you'd be interested in if it was commercial?
  • If so, what sort of price point would you be content with? A range answer - for example, $2-$5 - is fine; I don't expect a precise answer
  • Let's say you've never played before, and were looking at the game. A free demo ends at the first mini-boss, Gremlin. On a scale of 1-10, how likely are you to want to continue playing the game?

Lady_JJ

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Excited to see this. That's quite a changelog, but all looks good. Looks like @kimo has gotten a birthday present today after all. :) I'm not at home, rather at my summer house for the weekend with not so great internet connection. I can literally watch the download go 69.2 ... 69.5 ... 69.8 ... 70.0 ... and only 52 minutes left for the full 942 MB. But I'll gladly keep downloading while I'm making potato salad and banana bread for tomorrow's company.

I think you would be foolish not to go commercial. Based upon my prior experiences with quality games, and this is right up there with the best of them, I would expect to pay $20-$25 for this game and maybe another $5-$10 for a decent guide complete with maps and puzzle solutions.

Edit-Norton doesn't like the Save routine. The first time I tried to save, Norton popped up with a suspicious javascript activity and wouldn't let me save. I had to go into Norton and choose to 'Exclude Process' which is not something I've ever had to do before. This would definitely affect sales. :(

Last edited:

kimo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I think you would be foolish not to go commercial. Based upon my prior experiences with quality games, and this is right up there with the best of them, I would expect to pay $20-$25 for this game and maybe another $5-$10 for a decent guide complete with maps and puzzle solutions.

I agree with the potential to sell this game. The biggest issue is that you are an unknown developer. But that can easily be overcome by offering a game without glitches (@ShadowDragon is not a typical player) and a unique storyline with 20+ hours of gametime. I would typically pay $19.99 for such a game and the going rate I am okay with for a game guide is $6.99. You should definitely offer a comprehensive game guide with maps, solutions, etc. because it is easily extra money to be made.

Where to end the demo is an issue on which I can't comment because it's been so long since I played it. I'll pay more attention during this next playthrough. And I also need to read the changelog. I've been out celebrating today with wine.

I'm going to download it shortly and play tomorrow.

Banana Bread? Yummmmmmmm! :biggrin:

Cythera

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh, it's Kimo's birthday?! Well then I'm really happy I pushed the update today instead of waiting until Monday! :kaojoy:
Well, let me know what you guys think of the changes and new content whenever you get a chance to play!
And Lady, it's because of the game encryption that anti-virus can be triggered. I can think you can mark a site as 'safe' in Norton, but I might be wrong... I know it's not ideal to have to exclude the game every update, but it's a false positive due to encryption.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Lately I have been taking a break from game and resource making so I won't get burnt out. But I am also interested in the Game Jams this site periodically holds. It'd be great if I knew when the next one, if any, is planned.
elexy 1.2.pngSome bust art to be cropped and cleaned. May use in special decision moments. Depending on how it looks in game I may cut it.
Tiamat-86 wrote on ATT_Turan's profile.
apparently since its turning 15 years old this year the ps3 is considered "retro". now how old do you feel?
guess that means im an "antique" gamer since ill still play games as old as i am.
"you know your getting old when your childhood console changes ethnicity" lol it turned yellow
I'm making Toilet in Wonderland 2. and tell vinny about it lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RicardodaSilva