Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Cythera I hope you fixed all teh bugs/glitches on the map I sended to you :p
but I dont mind to start over on a fair path :) and get hopefully getting all the
achievements (or most of them that is available).

as for selling the game, that is up to you, if you know the "Devided Reigns"
which is also a bg game and great story, maybe harder in some ways,
I think you can even sell it for 9,99, but you can also start with 5,- first
and see how it goes, if you are happy, continue =)

I will send the bugs over again when I found through DM with a bunch of them
and a txt file included. (when I got time, I play it now and than, kinda busy,
but I definitely going to play it :)

@kimo I am a typical game, even a master g amer if the game is nice to play,
I'm an experience bug squasher and I did so by some nice games.

I made an anti cheat system for my game which if you cheat, the save file
is deleted :) (this cannot be ommited) but I try to put this into a plugin
sooner or later =)

I like to push the game to it's limited when playtesting/bug testing a game.
or explian why I am not a typical player?

EDIT:
@Cythera I wonder, did you fix the mistakes and passable, the one I found
is STILL inside the game :p (see spoiler) in Western Highlands
which is still passable (red square), I wonder how many more stuff you missed :p
I hope the other are fixed otherwise, I throw those again to you ^^
OH_Passable.png

Last edited:

Lady_JJ

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Oh, it's Kimo's birthday?! Well then I'm really happy I pushed the update today instead of waiting until Monday! :kaojoy:
Well, let me know what you guys think of the changes and new content whenever you get a chance to play!
And Lady, it's because of the game encryption that anti-virus can be triggered. I can think you can mark a site as 'safe' in Norton, but I might be wrong... I know it's not ideal to have to exclude the game every update, but it's a false positive due to encryption.
Oh, I get that it was a false positive. But if this were the first time I came across this game to playtest, I might not have gone further. At any rate, I played last night until I reached 'The End of the Demo.' Today I'll start revisiting sites looking for some new content. First stop: Retheam Temple Challenge. :)

Squall and Nalia cliffside cutscene
'At least you made the choice the fight against your family.'
?should be? 'the choice to fight against'

Cutscene morning after, making plans, Vincent asks Micah if he can have the northern slopes and meadows, Micah responds
'You can some of my territory when you can take it from me.'
?should be? 'You can have some of my territory'

kimo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@ShadowDragon
You are definitely a Master Player, and that is not typical of most players. It is a compliment to your gaming skills. You support my hypothesis when you mention you are also developing a plug-in to prevent cheating. Again, not typical of most gamer's skill level. And you have done things to challenge Cythera's game that I don't even comprehend.

@Lady_JJ
I am not having save problems with Norton360, so that is interesting. But, I am not using my original save files.

@Cythera
I have started from the beginning and found the Gremlin(?) encounter you asked about for ending the demo. I play slowly and thoroughly, so it took me about 2 hours to get to that point in the game. I think that is a good point to end the demo. It will definitely give a player an idea of the complexity of the game, skill acquisition potential, and the fact that each player can "design" a character like they prefer.

Screen shots of issues found yesterday follow.

Missing file? This is a hard break issue.
MarshlandError.png

This one is strange. The title menu doesn't reappear most times after exiting the game. It will reappear when using the arrow keys. Using the spacebar will select whatever menu option the hidden cursor is hovering over.
GameEnd_UseKeyboardForMenuToAppear.png

Armor spelling error
SpellingError_Armor.png

Spelling error in Sapphire
SapphireTown_SpellingError.png

Spelling Error in RoseWind
RoseWind_SpellingError.png

Last RoseWind spelling error
RoseWind_SpellingError02_TownHall.png

I missed capturing at least one spelling error. Do you care about spelling right now? I know finding and fixing event text can be a nice diversion some days when mapping and other stuff gets to be a bear.

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@kimo that anti-cheat is more for my own game :) but I can teach you
a work around for it, however, you can use the the plugin I made for
testing purpose which has "turn a switch on startup" to get all items.

this is done in a common event, so in order to make it (for single player
is it easier, as for tons of actors a long list) but you can event it that way.

but that there are still spelling mistakes, I dont give those typo's anymore,
otherwise @Cythera dont like me anymore :)

I'm a good game and beat everything, but do not mistake that there are
way better gamers than me, but bug testing/glitches are nice to find or
to help then fix tham or improve the game even better through suggestions
and/or feedback.

but that is their call, but this game is the story really nice, but I made a new game
through to see if the previous fixes are made (more visual) than typo's.

also to avoid errors of missing files that old save files make it not compatable
and never will if a new plugin is added to the game or modification to it.
it requires a new game. (which might be the issue of your audio file), but I cannot
tell for sure.

Cythera

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ahhhhh, I have had it with those bloody tileset errors; I set the passability and it does nothing. I make events to stop and they do nothing. I swear, I'm going to throw a chair through a wall!!!!
Ah-hem.
Sorry, technical difficulties. Dev sanity could not be located.
Okay, I'm just going to region restrict the entire cliffside because clearly no matter what I do otherwise, it isn't working haha.
Sorry about the missing file, Kimo.... :ysad: I'll upload a patch in the next few days; I just got a new PC and am in the process of setting it up and transferring files across, so I won't be doing any dev work for a little bit.
Spelling errors, as much as they crush my soul...please continue to point them out. I'll live through it - somehow - and accept I will always need an editor haha.
Oh yes, and Lady, if I may, I'm going to use you as a quick test subject here since you got over level 70 - were your levels set to 70, and can you seem to go over level 70 again? I couldn't on my end, but, well...code does weird things. It would reassure me to know my cobbled solution worked ^-^

kimo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Cythera
I'm trying to solve that 5 crystal puzzle in the Shadow Temple. I have spent the last hour reading this thread and am now totally frustrated by the puzzle I was able to solve a few months ago. This puzzle needs to be documented in any guide you make for the game.

Yeah, I know it has something to do with the walls "Behind" the crystal, but what is considered BEHIND? Cardinal navigation like N, S, E, W is always a better choice. I assume weare talking North, but the number of walls doesn't make sense.

The Crystal room has basically a west side and an east side where the exit is located. The east side has a crystal at the exit point (#5) and another crystal due south of the exit. The west side has 3 crystals where 1 is located in the SW, another in the NW, and another due North of the "Clue" crystal.

What's the answer to this puzzle? The basic directions are SW, NW, SE, NE, Center to make it easier for an answer.

Also, for future commercial retail sale you need to find a way for buyers to bypass the timed puzzles in the case of dexterity issues. Otherwise, you're going to have a number of people complaining about that.

Lady_JJ

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Yes, regrettably my level was dropped to 70. I say 'regrettably' because I think I need to be at least 127 to survive the Retheam Temple. :p

@kimo - was that the puzzle where the walls were like 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 tilesets in area?

My plan was to fly around and revisit, maybe do some more crafting, but I think it's time I just started over.

kimo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@kimo - was that the puzzle where the walls were like 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 tilesets in area?

Yep, that's the one. The walls are driving me nuts. But someone just posted something in this thread. Let's see if it's @Cythera .......

Wait, Lvl 100+ is needed for that temple that says you need to be at least Lvl 50 to get in? Eeegads!

Lady_JJ

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Yep, that's the one. The walls are driving me nuts. But someone just posted something in this thread. Let's see if it's @Cythera .......

Wait, Lvl 100+ is needed for that temple that says you need to be at least Lvl 50 to get in? Eeegads!
My strategies are rusty and I got lazy with my 70+ levels from the last build and just mashed my way through battles. I definitely need to make a plan and better utilize those spell combos, buffs/debuffs, etc. Cythera clearly wasn't aiming for a hack'n'slash approach. :) I'll get better....

Cythera

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So evidently the 5 crystal puzzle is giving players some trouble; you are not the first to mention it, Kimo, and somehow I don't think you'll be the last. However, I really don't know where I failed in the explanation o_O The order of the crystals is based on the wall behind them (yes, 'North' if cardinal directions make it easier). The crystal with 1-tile wide wall first, then the 2-tile wide wall, etc. The top right crystal blocking the door is last. I'm not sure how to word it so it makes sense but isn't a 'do this, then this' set of instructions haha. I'll think on it.
And the game's level cap is 70, so that's all you get to work with for Retheam Temple :p
I designed the bosses in there for my entertainment, which is to say, soul-crushing. But! They are ALL bosses you can defeat! I ran that temple no less than 20 times (all completed; and about 50 times incomplete for testing purposes) with varying team set ups. The hardest variation I find is the Soul Restrictions one.
Let me know if you want any tips or want help with a team setup haha ^-^

kimo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Cythera
Okay, crystals are done. Thank you. I think the confusion comes from the fact that wall tile count is used as the decision basis, but the clue just says "Walls". To me, individual tiles do not equal individual walls. I was overthinking the challenge. :rolleyes:

It's really more of a horizontal wall width function, so the wall width North (above?) of each crystal is what a player needs to calculate. Also, each wall tile is "1-step" wide. These are just some random thoughts for making it more clear in the hint given.

Lady_JJ

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Finally got that Retheam Temple Challengers achievement. I was indeed rusty with my skills and having some levre and ethane equipment definitely helped. I do have a couple of questions about the temple.
1-Once you start the challenge, is losing a battle the only way you can return? You can't voluntarily return if you don't want to continue?
2-Occulari de Arcanium and Occulari de Centriac: Arcanium says it casts blink and Centriac says it casts lidded eye, but they both cast blink. I've never seen lidded eye cast.

I returned to a few places. In Bloomgale I was able to complete Mr. Walters' tea quest, so yay for that! :) But, in the dress shop, Mara and Ella are still squabbling about what Ella is going to wear to the dance.

In the Thruale factor, introductory cutscene with factory owner/manager looking for help, certainly is misspelled as certianly. I should mention that, even with my limited dexterity I was able to complete the switch puzzle 8 or 9 times each 3 minute segment, so now have levre and ethane crafting books as well as some raw materials. Thanks for making that not so tough. :)

I went to the Lagoon Outlook Tower, but the darkness was frustrating me. I'll try it again in daylight hours, it was late last night when I got there.

I'm going to travel around a few more places before I start a new game.

Oh, and, Cythera, you will be happy to know, I'm not budging past level 70.

Cythera

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yay, level cap solution was successful! :yhappy:

For the temple, no, you have to lose a fight to exit. The entire thing is handled by the event you interact with, a common event, and an autorun event that resets variables haha. That's all. It's also a single map ;) Also owing to the difficulty level of the bosses, I figured it was fine to not have an exit option; it's very easy to just die in a battle haha
I'm going to have to look into the other point you mentioned. Lidded eye is the name of Centriac's passive; it's not a skill name, so I'm not sure where it's coming up in battle aside from Mara's Insight.
Erm, yessss...there's, uh, a second dance of course...not a switch oversight at all...
Yeah, I tried to keep player dexterity in mind for the factory mini game :) I think the timer is very generous. You'll need to successfully move 10+ boxes to pick, or 8-9 for a random, legend crating material. You can get 2 of the legendary weapons thus far, and the factory is where you need to get a material for them. There will be 2 more mini games that aren't dexterity-based which you can do to get those materials, but they are WIP at this time, and not in the game.
Wow, that was fast ^-^ I honestly wasn't expecting someone to find the outlook tower so quickly! The light doesn't change inside, sadly, as your Mage Globe is very rudely broken, but they are very small maps to stumble around.
Have fun with the temple challenges and restrictions :3
I'm going to upload a new version likely tomorrow to fix some of the issues; primarily the missing file issue. The only enemy to have that skill is the early-game spider Pellerin, so it's not certain you'll ever encounter the issue...but if you want to hold off on a new game until I patch it, just to be sure.

Lady_JJ

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Lidded eye is the name of Centriac's passive; it's not a skill name, so I'm not sure where it's coming up in battle aside from Mara's Insight.
Nope, lidded eye didn't come up in battle, just blink. Since blink was a spell cast by the first, I just assumed lidded eye was the spell that would be cast by the second. However, since the second does cast blink, if it already has lidded eye as a passive, would casting blink then have the effect of both being negated?

I think it will be a while before I attempt the temple with restrictions. I'll have to see if I can do that switch puzzle 10 times then to see what else I can get. Maybe then I'll go back to the temple. :) Edit: Made it to 11 once.

And by 'daylight' I meant real daylight. I was playing in the dark as my husband was already asleep and I didn't want to put the light on. So I'll try it when I can have some light on my monitor.

Last edited:

kimo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Lady_JJ
I started from the beginning again and the crafting is much more understandable the second time around. But, I'm still getting my butt handed to me by monsters in certain areas. Thankfully, escape is 100% for most battles and you can walk over the tops of monsters if you get trapped on a map. Great change! Now I just need more augments. I think there's a mall in the forest. :biggrin:

@Cythera
I have found more minor stuff and I know I have missed screen shots of others because I read very quickly. I would also suggest you go through your game database and check spellings of item/weapon/armor names because I have found spelling errors with that data.

Grammar error. 1st conversation with Asher.
Asher_FirstConversation_Grammar.png

Spelling after Anamaya
Spelling_AfterAnamaya.png

Spelling Cecilia Cutscene
Spelling_CeciliaCutsceneAfterForest.png
Spelling_CeciliaCutsceneAfterForest02.png

Spelling: Fenra
Spelling_Fenra.png
Spelling_Fenra02.png
Spelling_Fenra03.png

Spelling:Dragon Den (I left the emoticon because it made me laugh. A colon and capital letter D is such an ancient way to make it appear. :D)
SpellingError_DragonDen.png

Spelling:Tiral
SpellingError_Tiral.png

Cythera

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nope, lidded eye didn't come up in battle, just blink. Since blink was a spell cast by the first, I just assumed lidded eye was the spell that would be cast by the second. However, since the second does cast blink, if it already has lidded eye as a passive, would casting blink then have the effect of both being negated?
:)
Ahh, I see what you mean! No, Arcanium Blink is a passive, as is Lidded Eye. Blink is a skill they both share; it removes some harmful effects on them :) The eyes actually have the same skillset! Different stats, passives, AI, but same skillset.

Okay, @kimo , I feel the need to reiterate, I DID pass English class...:yswt: Um, otherwise, I have no defense... But I did fix all those typos, except for the first one. The phrase 'stay out the way' was intentional, and it seems grammatically sound to me. I'll probably ensla-er, recruit, my friends to proofread everything before the final release. Or find a poor unsuspecting editor and throw them the whole project file and say 'good luck' ._.

On another note, I put out Ver 2.5.1 just now! It fixes the missing file issue, has some grammar/typo corrections, and some balancing changes to 2 (4, if you count the Alpha versions...) of the Retheam bosses. I also updated the screenshots here and on the itch page.

Lady_JJ

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Intro cutscene Lagoon Tower
creditable misspelled as crediable
=========
Unsettled Spirit Insight
Spiritus: Immune to all Physical and Magical damage Immunue to all negative states. (Immune misspelled as Immunue)

kimo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Lady_JJ
I know you keep great notes, so where is the Dragon Gear Book? I have found the Gold book, but where did I miss that one? I'm in the Mossbank River area, so I may be too late.

@Cythera
If you create a guide for this game, I would suggest you make a note for players of what level they should be as they make major advances in the game. I luckily had a save in Mossbank to where I just restarted. I was only level 20 when facing Presipa and kept getting my butt kicked in Nalia's Gift area.

Lady_JJ

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Lady_JJ
I know you keep great notes, so where is the Dragon Gear Book? I have found the Gold book, but where did I miss that one? I'm in the Mossbank River area, so I may be too late.

@Cythera
If you create a guide for this game, I would suggest you make a note for players of what level they should be as they make major advances in the game. I luckily had a save in Mossbank to where I just restarted. I was only level 20 when facing Presipa and kept getting my butt kicked in Nalia's Gift area.
I don't keep detailed notes for games I'm playtesting because things change. I think, though, Lyla gives you the book after she transports you to Etheral. If not Lyla herself, then you'll find it about that same time she gives you several of her own scales. That's my recollection anyway.

kimo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thanks, I just left you a DM.

aloha,
kimo

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Here in Fla were are seeing crazy covid spikes and some vaccinated getting bad infections. I had a mild fever on Thurs but it went down fast. How is everyone else doing. Hopefully you are all well. :)
Wish I was better at art, specifically that I was faster at it, bc this one NPC took Several Days to complete! It's gonna take So Extremely Long to do all of the art for my game, never mind writing it... Anyways, here's my gorgon, Hopernica Sthyxis!

57b88732c7abbcd84981dacf624a98495af61fcc.gifv
Idk if this is my ADHD or if it's a common problem. But I cant stay motivated for anything. I want to work on so many different things at once. Game dev, skateboarding, ranking up in League, playing OSRS, fitness, nutrition, relationships. It's like, where do I even begin?
Well. Looks like I need to redo the entire battle system in order to have the things I want in it. Also I'd like to say that console.log() is the greatest function in Javascript XD.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hibixon