Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I beat Septimus.... just sayin' :kaopride:
I lost Vincent a couple of times, but was able to revive him right away. It wasn't even the Calamity that did him in, it was the ShadowBall each time. Maybe I should have put the blackscale armor on Vincent instead of Squall, but I didn't want to lose my healer. I went through 25 Morning Teas and a dozen Potion 58's keeping Vincent's MP/Soul Points up. Best part of beating Septimus? Ella's one-liner. :biggrin: Gotta love that girl!!

@ShadowDragon - I was capped at Lvl 70, spent at least a half million gold on potions, fruits and flowers to craft those Teas of Morning, and Vincent still died a few times. Looking forward to hearing your strategy. :)

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I got some potions and probably try with 30 potions of 58, and use healer,
and 2 attackers to kill the boss, but still need to level while my brutality is
to low, otherwise, I could try to best him on lv 56-58 what my level is currently,
to see how low the level can be to best him.

but while septimus is dark, you just need to equip the full party of dark %
to avoid massive damage :)

I give you my strategy once I can level, to busy this week atm, but I hope to
give you mine (when able without dieing), if that is a hard achievement as well.
because I take that challenge :D

Will post how I did it or not, but will notify you when I got beaten him :)

Cythera

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
~~Yayy, it's time! Downloads are back up! Now I cross my fingers and pray - erm, I mean...no, I pray haha!
Fixed up some bugs, upgraded some visuals, did a little balancing work. No new content, because I figured, hey, I have to save something for the final update! Besides the ending, you know? Changelog is
here.~~

Lady_JJ

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
It will be fun to see the changes, especially with Septimus. :)

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I just play from start, to busy in RL at the moment, but I dont know when
I got time, so I downloaded the latest version for now.

Lady_JJ

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I have a note from my playthrough in 2.5.1 and now I've come across it again.

RoseWind
Quest-Rigel's roommate, first house of 3 lower right, wants you to find Rigel and make sure he's okay, he's " probably in the forest along Travellers' Path"

If you return to the roommate, she'll ask if you've come across Rigel yet. Is this solvable?

Cythera

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Heya @ShadowDragon no worries! I know all too well about real life lately haha - I'm moving on Sunday O.O Take your time!
Yes @Lady_JJ it is a side quest you can complete. If you can't find Rigel, maybe there's something around that area that might give you a hint as to where he's gone? Or what happened to him? ;)
Also I hope you mean Sapphire and not RoseWind; that town should have a completely different side quest!

Lady_JJ

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Heya @ShadowDragon no worries! I know all too well about real life lately haha - I'm moving on Sunday O.O Take your time!
Yes @Lady_JJ it is a side quest you can complete. If you can't find Rigel, maybe there's something around that area that might give you a hint as to where he's gone? Or what happened to him? ;)
Also I hope you mean Sapphire and not RoseWind; that town should have a completely different side quest!
Hmmm... I'll have to look around that area again, and, yes, I did mean Sapphire. Sorry. As for Rosewind, I'm not there yet this time around but my notes say I should be searching for a cat. Daytime might be a better time for me to search for these. :)

Lady_JJ

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Cythera - I got to Verimine, visited Melanie in the tavern, then went to the factory. It was closed, but going there triggered the cutscene with the soldiers capturing Vincent and Mara, then cut to Squall and Ella outside of Verimine who are beginning to become concerned, they hear the soldiers with Vincent and Mara, the soldier recognizes Hanson, Squall says "Hello, Tyson. It appears there's quite a story to be told here." and the game freezes. I've replayed 4 times with the same result. If you want to look at the save file, you can download it here. For the moment, I'm going to try to pick up the game from there with v2.51 and see what happens. I'll let you know.

Update-Cutscene works just fine in v2.51. I did notice that when the soldiers appear, only 1 soldier sprite appears, not 2, and neither Vincent's nor Mara's sprite is showing, so I'm guessing the move route is freezing somehow. For the moment, I've just bypassed that scene with v2.51 and then picked right up again with v2.52.

Edit2- I'm pinging @Cythera again, not to be a pest, but to bring her attention to another matter...
Verimine Monster Knowledge Trivia says answering Crystalia to 'You can hunt this particular monster if you are searching for Dark Mana.' is incorrect, but you can. And, in fact, this is my goto for dark mana. And I never got a dark mana, from either stealing or as a drop, from a Pire, which the Game Operator says is the correct answer.

Also, I like that the newest update gives more crafting items rather than already crafted weapons/armors in the chests. That said, for all the crafting I've done, I've yet to craft one soulful weapon/armor. Could you just check that algorithm and see if I've been just plain unlucky or was it somehow left out of the options. Thanks.

Last edited:

Cythera

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi @Lady_JJ sorry-sorry, I just got my laptop unpacked today after my move! :yswt:
I took a look at the cutscene, and I actually can't recreate the error you're describing? With either your save file, my save file, and a brand new save file. The scene runs out as intended, no softlocks, and all sprites appear. I checked the event page, and all the sprites [as I tend to do nowadays] are set to 'skip if cannot move' so the sprites in that cutscene shouldn't get softlocked in their move routes ever anyway. I checked all the switches and variables in your save file, and everything looks good. I ran the scene a few times on your file to be sure, and really I can find nothing wrong. All I can think of is maybe the download went wonky with the latest version? Did you try to copy over the old version?
I'm sorry; I really wish I could help or upload a fix, but I can't find anything to fix. I can add thorough passability on all sprites in that scene, but they're already on skip if cannot move. I'll keep looking into it though; it bugs me I can't recreate what you're describing.
I'm assuming it's a save file created in 2.5.2 [because 2.5.1 and 2.5.2 have compatibility issues; save files can be transferred between them, but there will be problems moving a 2.5.1 file to 2.5.2]

As for the other points, I CAN answer those! :yhappy:
The trivia one is a little ambiguous; I just replaced the Crystalia answer with another random monster. That's my bad; Pire is the far better option for farming Dark Mana thanks to a special little trick: if the killing blow is one of Squall's 'Mana -' skills, it has increasing chances to drop Dark Mana. Killing it with Mana Wrath has 40% chance to drop Dark Mana - this is how I personally farm the stuff haha, and obviously I made that trivia question with my personal farming practices in mind... It has been corrected. Now none of the other options for that question drop Dark Mana.
The Soulful armour trait is random, so I have to say you have just been unlucky. All the traits have an equal chance of being pulled; I don't weight them. There are 27 traits for armour, so you have a 1/27 chance of getting Soulful as the trait. Combined with the bonus proc rate of that specific armour piece, of course. Soulful isn't a weapon trait, so it can never appear on a weapon. All available traits for both weapons and armours are in the Archives, given early in the game at RoseWind.

I'm going to try and create a safety net for that scene issue, based on what you've told me. If I can recreate it, great, I can figure out the cause. If not, at least the safety net will hopefully catch the issue instead of freezing the game.

Lady_JJ

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi @Lady_JJ sorry-sorry, I just got my laptop unpacked today after my move! :yswt:
I took a look at the cutscene, and I actually can't recreate the error you're describing? With either your save file, my save file, and a brand new save file. The scene runs out as intended, no softlocks, and all sprites appear. I checked the event page, and all the sprites [as I tend to do nowadays] are set to 'skip if cannot move' so the sprites in that cutscene shouldn't get softlocked in their move routes ever anyway. I checked all the switches and variables in your save file, and everything looks good. I ran the scene a few times on your file to be sure, and really I can find nothing wrong. All I can think of is maybe the download went wonky with the latest version? Did you try to copy over the old version?
I'm sorry; I really wish I could help or upload a fix, but I can't find anything to fix. I can add thorough passability on all sprites in that scene, but they're already on skip if cannot move. I'll keep looking into it though; it bugs me I can't recreate what you're describing.
I'm assuming it's a save file created in 2.5.2 [because 2.5.1 and 2.5.2 have compatibility issues; save files can be transferred between them, but there will be problems moving a 2.5.1 file to 2.5.2]

As for the other points, I CAN answer those! :yhappy:
The trivia one is a little ambiguous; I just replaced the Crystalia answer with another random monster. That's my bad; Pire is the far better option for farming Dark Mana thanks to a special little trick: if the killing blow is one of Squall's 'Mana -' skills, it has increasing chances to drop Dark Mana. Killing it with Mana Wrath has 40% chance to drop Dark Mana - this is how I personally farm the stuff haha, and obviously I made that trivia question with my personal farming practices in mind... It has been corrected. Now none of the other options for that question drop Dark Mana.
The Soulful armour trait is random, so I have to say you have just been unlucky. All the traits have an equal chance of being pulled; I don't weight them. There are 27 traits for armour, so you have a 1/27 chance of getting Soulful as the trait. Combined with the bonus proc rate of that specific armour piece, of course. Soulful isn't a weapon trait, so it can never appear on a weapon. All available traits for both weapons and armours are in the Archives, given early in the game at RoseWind.

I'm going to try and create a safety net for that scene issue, based on what you've told me. If I can recreate it, great, I can figure out the cause. If not, at least the safety net will hopefully catch the issue instead of freezing the game.
Then I can only assume it is something to do with my computer. The save file is a brand new 2.5.2 file from the start, there was no intermingling with 2.5.1 (except for after when I had to use 2.5.1 to bypass the scene but that had nothing to do with the save file I sent you).

I still prefer Crysalia for dark mana as Ella can always steal one and then another one usually drops. Good to know I have just been unlucky on the soulful trait. I will say that I've been less picky about accepting the random traits crafting has assigned knowing that I'd be getting levre and ethane opportunities soon. I'll definitely be more patient once I can start crafting those items. :)

Good luck with your move. Even if you love your new place, moving can be incredibly stressful.

Cythera

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ugh, it was not a good move ._. 6 hours turned into 10 hours, insane traffic, my car overheated and broke down on the side of the busy 401, the new place wasn't cleaned at all, and the laundry machines need replacing. So, it's been a rough week haha.

I am still going to try and figure out what went wrong for you in that particular cutscene. I'll try to recreate it on another computer, downloading the game files from Itch. Perhaps I botched the upload even? I'll let you know if I find anything and will patch it right away if I do.

Hey, if Crystalia is better for farming for you, then go for it; the whole point of the game mechanics was player freedom to build and play how you want :D I did notice the character builds have interesting armour traits on them! I was trying to piece together what build you were aiming for haha. By the way, when checking the switches and variables, I noticed your fight against Lucky was on max difficulty :3 Just for fun.

Lady_JJ

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Well, I figure since this is at least my 3rd, maybe 4th complete playthrough, I really should have everything on max difficulty. :p I am not a very good strategist. My usual plan of action is to level up and plow my way through.

Sorry the move hasn't gone smoothly for you. Hopefully by this time next week you'll be all settled in and just admiring everything and saying, 'Yeah, this is my home and I LOVE it!' Sending good karma your way.

Edit 8/16/21 - Attempting to exit Verimine via the south road is still not possible with Mara saying she really wants to check out the factory first. You can exit by the north road, and, of course, you can exit via Lyla's DragonSphere, so it's not a serious bug by any means.

Edit 8/17/21 @Cythera - Retheam Temple
I completed the Retheam Temple Challenge #3 (No Items) and received the reward (Regen++ Glyph), but the quest doesn't get ticked as complete. I'm also having an issue with the Hyper Mode. When I get to the 4th encounter, Aruanja, I keep getting stuck with all offensive actions (basic attack, spells, skills, soul) sealed and there's literally nothing I can do offensively. I tried waiting it out for several rounds, but eventually gave up. Restarted and same thing happened. This only happens in that Hyper Mode challenge. Is this something that was planned? Should I have waited it out for a few more rounds? Update-Finally made it through the Aruanja. Whatever caused the previous didn't happen this time. Souls were sealed a couple of times, but not combined with basic attacks and skills as well. I think I just lucked out. Hoping I can make it through the next three...

I LOVED the Temple challenges! I did the first two on locked difficulty and the last two on unlocked difficulty. Not sure if that would make any difference in the overall tally. I just want to say that you did an incredible job with designing the temple bosses. My favorite, and hardest for me, is the elemental dolls challenge. Adding Light and Dark in the mix is brutal, but a fun brutal.

Last edited:

Cythera

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh gosh, I am so late in replying :ysad: Really sorry about that, @Lady_JJ ! The chaos of moving, and getting my university stuff set up, and I start a new job next week haha...I have kind of neglected game dev work as of late.
First, I am very happy you enjoyed Retheam Temple! ^-^ I worked really hard on the bosses in there to make a difficult challenge, with unique enemies that have their own special passives/gimmicks.
The rest I'll put...
  • The transfer - or lackthereof - has been corrected. I overlooked a switch when I went back through the game to implement the fast travel system :3
  • The no-items challenge has been fixed. I have 2 switches for each; one switch tells the map which challenge is active, and which enemies to pull. Another switch tells the achievement system if the challenge has been completely. I had a lovely conditional branch post-Retheam that went: if switch 34 [no-items is active] is on & tallies = 70, then turn on switch 34
    See a problem? I didn't... It's all good now, though. The branch turns on the proper switch to mark the challenge as complete
  • The Araunja thing should...not have happened. Both versions have skills that can block soul skills, but it shouldn't seal everything. That fight can definitely get a little laggy because of the way I have to handle the passives, so that could be a factor. I ran a couple checks on my suspicions. Then after forcing the poor thing to run through every single skill against my immortal party and having no issues, I believe it's good to go
  • Difficulty Lock actually has no effect in Retheam :) I figured the bosses there were enough on their own without having to add in the varying difficulties
  • I cry when fighting all five of the dolls too ._. I personally like to kill Nira first with Vincent so my sad little team can buff themselves and maybe survive haha!

I just uploaded Ver 2.5.3, which fixes some bugs and has a lil balancing notes to it. Changelog can be found here.

Additionally, since I start university this week, and a new job next week, I will be a little slow working/updating Origin Hunt for a few months. Something has to give, or I might :p
No, seriously, I know I'll be crazy busy. I love game dev work, but it's a hobby so it will take a back seat for a while. I am absolutely still working on my game, and will absolutely finish it. Just, at a slightly slower pace than I would have liked :yhappy:

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
school + work first Cythera, we can wait patiently when you have your free days.
RL first, fun stuff later, so no worries.

I hope you clear the university with flying colors :)

Lady_JJ

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Absolutely, what @ShadowDragon said. :D
Good luck in the university. I have a feeling you're going to do just fine, both because of your obvious intelligence and your willingness to work hard.

Just so you know, I checked out that cutscene. I still experience the same result with Mara's and Vincent's sprites being missing BUT :kaojoy: :kaojoy: The cutscene didn't crash. It just continued with the dialogues until the end and then the party merged and continued gameplay. Just wanted you to know the safety net works 100%! Thanks for that.

I'll revisit Requiem soon to see if I can get that final achievement. No worries and no pressure. We'll be happily and patiently waiting for whenever you can return to game dev'ing. Best of luck in school and your new job.

Cythera

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay, well, I tried - I honestly have zero clue what is causing that for you, that I can't replicate haha. I can only assume it was some derp with your 2.5.2 save file. Those sprites all have the same switch, so if one is showing up, all of them should. And if one is missing, why aren't all of them missing?!
And the fact that the event runs at all, considering it's attached to Mara's sprite. So the event exists...it's just Vincent and Maras' sprites for you are somehow gaining a transparent effect?
At least, the safety net works and stops a softlock? :kaoswt2: I wonder if anyone else has the problem, or just you. Cause the cutscene probably looks very funny missing Vincent and Mara!
Bleh. It'll irk me. I'll take another swing at it when I have both time and sanity haha.

Thank you both of you, though! ^-^ I'll do my best in school!

Lady_JJ

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Okay, well, I tried - I honestly have zero clue what is causing that for you, that I can't replicate haha. I can only assume it was some derp with your 2.5.2 save file. Those sprites all have the same switch, so if one is showing up, all of them should. And if one is missing, why aren't all of them missing?!
And the fact that the event runs at all, considering it's attached to Mara's sprite. So the event exists...it's just Vincent and Maras' sprites for you are somehow gaining a transparent effect?
At least, the safety net works and stops a softlock? :kaoswt2: I wonder if anyone else has the problem, or just you. Cause the cutscene probably looks very funny missing Vincent and Mara!
Bleh. It'll irk me. I'll take another swing at it when I have both time and sanity haha.

Thank you both of you, though! ^-^ I'll do my best in school!
If no one else has had an issue, then please don't spend anymore time on it. It doesn't crash now, and that's what is important. At some point in time, I'll replay again from scratch to that cutscene and see what it does for me. Maybe it will play beautifully and then you'll never need to think about it again.

Got the Temple Master's Achievement and the Dark Conqueror Transmog Kit. I'm assuming the kit isn't something I need or can even use right now?

Cythera

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Haha, that would be very nice, if annoying bugs fixed themselves!!
And of course you can use the Dark Conqueror kit! :kaopride:It's a key item. Use it, and pick who you want to apply the transmog to. If you need it, well, no. It's just for fun; like the Beach Battlers transmogs. I debated making each transmog have stat changes or bonuses, but decided against it. So the transmogs are just for fun!

Lady_JJ

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Ooooh, I didn't go into battle to see the change. I'd forgotten about the Beach transmog. :)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Terrible Writing Advice, you've done it again.
1635026211997.png
Feeling like my new profile picture is nice. Thinking of making it semi-permanent, does any one has an opinion? Does it look too evil or does it work as a public profile picture? :)
Bishiba.png
My washing machine is a supernatural being. I lost a piece of clothing in there a month ago; searched up and down, inside other clothes, nothing. It just vanished.
Today, put in a new load. When I pull it out, the missing clothing is back! And a sock was sacrificed in the process :yswt2:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redzoni