- May 31, 2020
- Reaction score
- First Language
- Primarily Uses
Thanks, I am watching a movie, my time is already 11pm, hope to download it before going to bed
Very nice. I say this because a lot of your game reminds me of mine, even down to both of us having scan skills, which is part of the reason why I wanted to research your game.
- Yup, Instant Cast. Lots of character's use this, and some armour effects and items. Helps with balancing, and player convenience in the case of Insight skill
I was also gonna suggest having a default one that gives 5 for every action/taking damage while the special ones give a lot more to compensate, like 20 per heal for the healing one.
- I love customizing characters and changing how they can be used in combat, hence the Soul Trigger system. New Soul Triggers are unlocked over time. I get how this added layer may confuse players at the beginning, so I may start all characters with their ideal Soul Trigger active. That way, if players leave it, they'll at least have an optimal SP gain for that character's usual use
Hhhhuh. Interesting. I'd definitely put in the "insult to the Origin Mages" in her introductory cutscene, since that small detail by itself tells a lot about how much reverence they're given in-universe.
- With Mara, mages aren't allowed to practice more than one elemental type of magic; it's considered an insult to the Origin Mages. Mages that can use multiple elements are often targeted by less-than-desirable people. I'll rephrase to make that more clear
It's not bad - in fact, it reminds me of the Illbleed boss theme and I love that game from top to bottom. It's just that bosses should have themes that fit thematically. The one you picked seems more fitting for some impossibly large terrible monster like an evil version of Monster Vincent, not four baby imps and some human racists.
- Aw dang, you don't like the boss music?! I love it
- The dynamic at the beginning is intended to be awkward; these four don't know each, all come from very different lives, and have very different intentions. They do warm up to each other over time, and do so at a faster rate if you interact nicely with them. Or you can be a jerk, either is fun
A bit of advice. The reason the MP drain bothered me was cause it was new and very powerful due to how it hit everyone. I don't feel the enemies themselves should be rarer, just to have the scope of that one attack only hit one person.
- Okay, on balancing. First, I do intend for the game to be difficult - such is my desire in RPG's. However, I do not intend for it to be needlessly punishing. I'll definitely consider what you've said on the balancing side. Early game enemies, before you have the whole team, will likely have their HP nerfed. Gremlin has an AI, so he should have been doing...something? I'll look into that. The white ghosts should be rarer enemies, so I think I'm okay with their damage output, though I'll look into nerfing the MP drain, as it's unlikely Mara and Squall have their more reliable MP-recovery instant skills here. The Kitsune, okay, I'll drop the hit count to 3. They've hurt me a few times as well...