Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A very good game but it needs:
the other characters following behind u
a main area where u have to go many times and it has a tavern where there r many NPC's that give u hints about what to do in some places/situations
needs more buildings and NPC's
and one more character in your team.
that will make your game better

Mimironi

But what do I know?
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Alright, I played as much of the game as I could, but inside the border forest, there's actually a tile that I can walk onto, but can't walk off of for some reason. I got stuck here. I reloaded an earlier save so I could try to find another way across, but this seems to be the only way forward.
...Unfortunately, unless I'm missing something, I pretty much had to stop playing here.
StuckImage.png

Well... besides that, I've got a list of feedback here!:

I had something to say about Vincent's DarkFire, but that already seems to have been addressed by someone else.

In the Soul Trigger select menu, the text for Soul Points is red, but for the other ones (Saviour/Downgrader/Etc) the text has no color.

The player can use Mara's Insight outside of battle.

[Sapphire]
Inside of Sapphire Town's item shop, I can walk on top of the green cylinder-thing (which is on top of the table) near the upper left of the shop.

[Marshlands]
I'd suggest lowering the amount of the clouds used for effect, slightly. It gets a bit difficult to see, especially when it's nighttime.

[Windy Plains]
I talked to the travelling person, and I believe the term g*psy is actually a slur...? Though I do know that term has a more commonly known meaning of 'traveller'. Still, in that case, the name Travelling G*psy's pretty redundant... Maybe just traveller? Or Travelling Sister since they call themselves a group of sisters?

[Gohen]
The Townsperson with blue hair and a pink headscarf has a typo error. They say "Want to know something interesting? <brThe walls..."

Is there a way to check what quests we have outside of the Job Organizer? Like a quest menu?

Inside the restaurant, I walked up to Helen and Ross before talking to Squall or Mara. Because of that, I wasn't able to get a chance to have a relationship talk with them (Ella was the only one I talked to before having the scene with Helen and Ross).

[Shrine of Shadows]
The Wing-Pedestal things (the ones that tell you the Five To Proceed, One To Stall thing) need to have their Direction Fix box checked.

[Grammar:]

In the scene where you're first meeting Mara, she says: "I know what it is to lose your home.", but it should be "I know what it is [like] to lose your home."

The description for bandages: "A must-have for an traveller" should be "A must-have for [a] traveller" or "A must-have for travellers"

In the scene when we find the boat in the Marshlands, Mara says "Ella, that boat will belong to someone." Instead it could say "Ella, that boat belongs to someone." or "Ella, that boat probably belongs to someone."

For the Gremlim battle, when I use Insight, there seems to be a text error on one of the lines. It says "[[6]Poison Armour:". Guessing that was meant to be a text color?

Other things (Opinions):
I like that all the enemies are animated! Very nice.

I really like the battle theme! It's energetic.

The boss theme feels a bit too intense for some of the bosses, but... yeah this one's just an opinion.

===
Overall, I enjoyed what I played! Excited to see more! I also liked each character, even the antagonists like Cecilia. Unsure who my favorite is yet, but maybe... Squall? I always like the kind of character who goes against their upbringing for what they believe is right/wrong. In that same vein, I like Ella a lot too. :kaojoy:

Cythera

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi @Mimironi thanks for the feedback! I can't believe that tree stump error got past me...
The way forward to progress the game is actually straight north, at the top of the map without crossing the tree stump bridge.
I guess you could say the tree stumped me?
I have made changes to a fair chunk of mentioned things, mostly pertaining to grammar and the text colours issues :) This is why editors exist I guess, because I clearly cannot read my own writing!
As for your other points...
  • Didn't know you could use Insight outside of combat; I'll fix that!
  • Shop tileset error, thanks
  • Hm, I'm a fan of the thick clouds and I enjoy the limited visibility in a creepy area like a marsh. Still, I don't want to cross into 'frustrating for player' territory so I'll look into dropping the cloud number by a couple
  • Really? A slur? o_O Legit never heard that before! In the area I live in, it's a term for a nomadic individual - usually with connotations to psychics! I certainly don't want to step on any toes though and will do some research, see if it's considered a slur in any region.
  • No, no way to check what quests you accepted other than speaking with the job organizer. I use a quest plugin for the archives system, and adding another system for very minor quests (all but one are in town) seemed an unnecessary use of resources. I will consider adding a key item that holds a brief job description though
  • Ack, skipping relationship talks. There are a few ways I can think of to get around this. I always reccomend talking to the team before talking to anyone else in places though otherwise you may trigger a story prompt - like you did :3
  • Oops, I could've sworn I had direction fix checked. I did recently revamp that map so clearly I missed it! Thanks
Animated enemies for sure! They make a battle scene feel alive!
Yeah, I fell in love with the battle music the second I heard it.
Okay, I guess I'm looking for a baby boss theme for the early bosses. A few people have brought this forward; if it's out of place music to more than one person it's worth looking into. I'll keep the current boss music, and just use it after the full team. Earlier bosses I'll find something else.

Overall I'm glad you enjoyed my game! Sorry about that stupid tree stump; if you want to continue (you're about an hour from the end) then you just have to go up to the top of the map without crossing the tree stump. Otherwise, thank you for your feedback!
I like Squall too! I think Ella is going to be the 'hate or love, no in between' character. There are some other good characters coming up!

Mimironi

But what do I know?
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ahh I knew I was missing something in that map... I got stumped by the stump too :kaophew: Well I'll play through the rest of the game soon, then!

Dropping the clouds by just a few sounds fine by me! I understand wanting to keep the atmosphere.

For the job quests, understandable. Yeah I think a key item with a summary wound be great!

Yeah for the later fights, I think that the regular boss theme works! It was just some of the earlier ones that felt a bit off.

Cythera

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
~~Demo now available!!! :kaopride:
Thanks to everyone who helped with playtesting and offered feedback! You all helped me out a bunch!~~

Kupotepo

Fantasy realist/ Forum Reactor‍/ Advocatus Diaboli
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My disclosure, I am at the shadow temple. Sorry, I do not considerating about everything. Do you want this to be private?

I tried hard to find something bug or something that clearly out of place. I cannot find those errors in your game.
You could please replace the bats with the chicken, goose or ducks attack the main character. Get it! A wild goose chase. I think the bats like the dark cave because they used the sonar sensory. I am not sure you might have a logic behind that move. Bats are terrified of humans and do not maliciously fly down to attack us. [This is not my direct knowledge. It is from the science website.]

How did Chimera be at the front door of Mara? I know it was designed to be a tutorial of status ailments. I agree with your subtle intention to show the player this place is dangerous which it is ok.

I suggest when you insert the text about the lore of your world into the townpeople. Please create a textbox to space out the information that feels overwhelmed. It is just emotion so it is not a logical part of our brain for sure.

I hope you should make the stolen soul skill more damaged.

I am not sure if you intended for that to going up!
Mapping1.PNG

Mapping2.PNG

I feel like the later on your game. The one enemy has the same hp as four characters. I feel like the battle took about 5-6 turns and almost every enemy. Later, I tried to avoid battle is taking to long. But, thank you for your wisdom. Your game allows me to just escape a 100% chance.

Why does Ella have MP if she does not use it? [Or I do not miss something.]
Your town named Gohen. Gohan is naming of the character, sorry Dragon Ball much! To be continued....... when I play more.

Last edited:

KILLERTIGER

THE BEST AND CUTEST KITTY EVER
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My disclosure, I am at the shadow temple. Sorry, I do not considerating about everything. Do you want this to private?

I tried hard to find something bug or something that clearly out of place. I cannot find those errors in your game.
You could please replace the bats with the chicken, goose or ducks attack the main character. Get it! A wild goose chase. I think the bats like the dark cave because they used the sonar sensory. I am not sure you might have a logic behind that move. Bats are terrified of humans and do not maliciously fly down to attack us. [This is not my direct knowledge. It is from the science website.]

How did Chimera be at the front door of Mara? I know it was designed to be a tutorial of status ailments. I agree with your subtle intention to show the player this place is dangerous which it is ok.

I suggest when you insert the text about the lore of your world into the townpeople. Please create a textbox to space out the information that feels overwhelmed. It is just emotion so it is not a logical part of our brain for sure.

I hope you should make the stolen soul skill more damaged.

I am not sure if you intended for that to going up!
View attachment 150459

View attachment 150460

I feel like the later on your game. The one enemy has the same hp as four characters. I feel like the battle took about 5-6 turns and almost every enemy. Later, I tried to avoid battle is taking to long. But, thank you for your wisdom. Your game allows me to just escape a 100% chance.

Why does Ella have MP if she does not use it? [Or I do not miss something.]
Your town named Gohen. Gohan is naming of the character, sorry Dragon Ball much! To be continued....... when I play more.
those weren't regular bats, they were monsters

Kupotepo

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@KILLERTIGER, you are right. Thank you for poking me which is a video game lol. Do you think bat monster should be attacking the character at the daylight? I just ask for fun.

Last edited:

Cythera

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi @Kupotepo thanks for playing my game and leaving feedback! No need for it to be private; you can post any feedback and constructive criticism you have here :)
Good thing you can't find any bugs haha.
The bats were in a cave; Vincent invaded their home and they started chasing them. But yes, they're monster bats :3
There are plenty of chickens to battle later, don't worry...
The chimera is there mostly as a tutorial battle to introduce some of Mara's battle mechanics; every character has a tutorial battle shortly after you get them (since those mapshots are of RoseWind, I know you've encountered the whole team and gone through their tutorial battles already)
NPC do offer some world lore later on - as the plot progresses, a good portion of NPC change their dialogue accordingly to react to world events.
Which soul skill are you referring to?
Thanks for those mapshots; those are not intentional haha! I will fix them.
Which enemy are you talking about? A specific one with more Health (I'm going to assume either Gremlin (mini-boss) or Echo(tutorial battle))? But yes, non-critical battles can be fled from!
Ella has a later use for her MP; I wasn't sure how to remove the MP at the start, then add it later when she gains a use for it, and if that would even make sense.
I'm not sure where the name Gohen came from; most of the location names are random letters that sound nice to me :3
Looking forward to the rest of your feedback! ^-^

Kupotepo

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The bats were in a cave; Vincent invaded their home and they started chasing them. But yes, they're monster bats :3
ok, I understand now.

NPC do offer some world lore later on - as the plot progresses, a good portion of NPC change their dialogue accordingly to react to world events.
I meant instead of put every word in one textbox. You can split into two textbooks. I feel overwhelmed.

I'm not sure where the name Gohen came from; most of the location names are random letters that sound nice to me :3
The capital city of varily. It is north of the shadow temple.

Last edited:

KILLERTIGER

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@KILLERTIGER, you are right. Thank you for poking me which is a video game lol. Do you think bat monster should be attacking the character at the daylight? I just ask for fun.
since they are monster bats then maybe they arent nocturnal and werent afraid of vincent because they were almost his size or bigger

Cythera

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Kupotepo Ohh, I see what you mean about the textboxes.
Yes, I know where my towns are :3 I meant I don't know where I got the name from, as all the names are randomly made up. Sorry for the confusion!
And do you remember 1. Which soul skill needs more damage? and 2. Which enemy was it that had high health?

Kupotepo

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1. Which soul skill needs more damage?
Ella's soul "Steal" needs more damage. 45 damages for the soul skill, I think it is really low when combat with 6,000 hp monsters.

2. Which enemy was it that had high health?
I go look and be back to take the pictures. See later for now.

Forget to compliment your story. Your game plots are a really clear message of what the themes of the story. You are doing a great job on the plottings and really organic plot twists.

KILLERTIGER

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Cythera in the first mine where i battled something to get access to it, level 2 has a place in the wall where i can go through and walk all over the black area, there is also one in level 1 or level 3 sorry i forgot.

Cythera

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Kupotepo Sure, let me know if you remember the enemy. Also, Ella's Steal does inflict low damage; you can upgrade it to do more damage, and then have a chance to Confuse. It's not a damaging move, but I will consider adding another bonus to it to make the skill feel more rewarding in combat.
Thanks, I'm glad you're enjoying the story! :kaojoy:
@KILLERTIGER Thank you, I'll take a look through the mines and see where the passable error is.

Kupotepo

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The gauge number is missing!
Battle 1.pngBattle 2.png

I am struck. sorry, I place the orbs in the pillars, but the gate is not opening.
Struck.png

thanks for playing my game and leaving feedback!
You are welcome.

Cythera

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Kupotepo Ack, the gauges are a loading issue :/ I've seen Mog's plugin do that a few times. I'm considering a preloader to maybe fix that. It doesn't break anything, and if you end the battle either by fleeing or winning, it corrects itself.
The orbs have to go in specific pillars; make sure you hear a bell chime. If the sphere is in the right pillar, you can't remove it :) There's no penalty for incorrect placements. If you're stuck, the answers are in the menu - match the orb name to the matching colour. Life Orb is blue - blue health bar.

Kupotepo

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Cythera, ok, I understand now that why I can take it off back and forth.
My disclosure, I am just learned about the learned skills, arguments, and soul gaining types. Those mechanics are impressive. Great Job!
I see the archive too which is interesting.

I am just playing with you, not serious. However, I tried my best to spot errors as possible so one say it later.

Sorry, I am struck again. I tried your random crystals of the shadow puzzle, but I am still not opening.
It is said wrong, but I do not know which 1,2,3,4,5 orders.

Context1.PNG

Last edited:

Cythera

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi @Kupotepo sorry about the delayed reply! I didn't get a notification about your post edit :3
If you are still stuck, you need to interact with the crystals in a certain order. The first crystal has one wall behind it. The second crystal has two walls behind it. Then three, then four. The last crystal you should interact with is the top-right one, blocking the path.

~~Game has been updated! You can view the complete change log on the main post, under the 'Download' spoiler. Biggest changes include animation optimization - anyone who experience lag when animations played for the first time in a battle should have significantly less to no lag now! Title screen has been completely revamped - it's now fancy and animated Ooohh! :kaopride:Also, the enemy respawn timers were drastically reduced. Farm away!~~

cthulhusquid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
My thoughts so far, I'm going to continue giving feedback as I play.

The Good:
  • So far I like all of the characters, they all seem unique and have their own personalities.
  • The writing is good, not really any typos or errors (with the exception of a few I posted in the Bug section). I really like that the characters show a variety of facial expressions, this makes them feel alive and gives weight to what they are saying.
  • The story so far is interesting, and makes me want to finish the demo. I haven't noticed any plot holes so far, and the world feels cohesive.
  • Combat has some challenge to it, so you don't feel like you are facerolling everything.
My Suggestions:
  • I was slightly confused at first by how skill upgrades progress, so I feel like it would be best if there was some kind of wording to separate each upgrade, like "Tier 1", "Tier 2", etc.
  • The towns feel quite empty, I think more NPCs scattered around would make them feel more town-like and less like hardly populated outposts.
  • I basically don't use Vincent's magic at all, does he ever get better at it? I feel like he'd be better with a physical focus, with magic passives or buffs instead of damage dealing magic skills (as other party members do that better).
  • Navigating the marshes at nighttime was a nightmare, I could barely see where I was going with the tint and the fog effect. Maybe lighten it some?
Other:
My framerate is really fast, animations blow by in half a second and my game clock is running three times as fast compared to real time. This is quite the surprise coming from VX Ace.

Bugs:
Typo here.
Screenshot (455).png

I think you mean foal, not fowl.
Screenshot (456).png

I don't think I should be able to climb these vines...
Screenshot (458).png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

"Let us be absolutely clear about this: "
Miss posting updates of my projects here...miss having time to work on my projects
I'm not sure if it's okay or not, I update it often because I think it's not.
Ami
--- Dumped ---

Hero: Please go out with me!
F.Healer: (Silent In 10 Seconds) I refuse.
Hero: ???
F.Healer: I don't want my friendship with F.Mage is ruined because i'm in your side. so...i'm sorry. (Running)
Hero: (Glass Break SFX)
I really wish to have listened someone's advice regarding writing, because I'm a little stuck.

Guys, if you have a whole story in mind, and you strongly believe it's going to work, make the effort of writing it. Because if you get stuck in a scene, you might have to re-assess it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member