Cythera

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@cthulhusquid Thanks for the feedback! I'm glad you're enjoying the story and characters so far! :)
  • I'll see what I can do to make the skill upgrades a little more coherent
  • Dang it, I find no joy in making NPCs haha. I'll bite the bullet sometime and try to make some more
  • Vincent's Magic is weak at the start; it has the slowest level up growth rate. Also, his primary weapon does not boost his Magic, so he is 100% a physical attacker at the start. Later he gets some really nice skills that incorporate his Magic (Aerial skillset) and ultimately, I prefer to play him as a magic attacker with those skills alone. He takes time to grow but he does become a great attacker both physically and magically later through the game
  • You can sleep at any inn to push the time forward a few hours! It makes navigating some places a lot easier, however you don't get the night bonuses on Ella's skills. Your choice ;)
Turn on the sync monitor FPS option if your game is super fast; it will lock it at 60 FPS and fix the problem :)

1. Spacing, thank you
  2. I, uh...actually wasn't aware of that o_O I can English I promise
  3. I thought I fixed that! Thanks
Thanks again for the feedback! Any further feedback is welcome.

KILLERTIGER

THE BEST AND CUTEST KITTY EVER
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
  • Navigating the marshes at nighttime was a nightmare, I could barely see where I was going with the tint and the fog effect. Maybe lighten it up some?
maybe its supposed to be a nightmare and a challenge to see if you eat your vegetables. i could see pretty well when i put the brightness of my pc to 100%

HumanNinjaToo

The Cheerful Pessimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just wanted to say I've been playing the game, I'm at the point where I just made it through the shadow temple and found the second origin mage. I like it so far. The story is good, I enjoy the humor, and I like the character development as well.

One complaint I have is that the trash mob encounters can drag on just a bit longer than I would prefer. Most of them seem doable in two rounds of actions if I pick the strongest/best skills available; but, OMG if I get hit with fascination/charm... lol

Other than that, I enjoy the combat mechanics. They seem to fit well with the characters and go together well. I noticed in a previous post you mentioned that the MC gets better at magic/physical skills as the game goes on; however, giving him another physical based skill earlier in the game would go along way IMO. His character comes across as a guy who should be a real good battlemage type but he's a bit underwhelming. I mainly use him to heal the others with items during the battle because everyone else hits a lot harder than he does.

Again, I'd like to say the game is pretty good and I'm looking forward to finishing it this week.

Cythera

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi @HumanNinjaToo thanks for your feedback!
Oh my gosh, someone who likes my humour! Please tell me you liked Mara's joke (if you interacted with her in Rose Wind) :3 One of my friends was must unimpressed with it and now I want to find someone who actually found it funny.
*Alright, seriously, I'm glad you're enjoying the story and characters so far!
*The encounters are usually doable in I find 2-4 rounds the whole game, with exceptions being passive-ability monsters or those with good AI meant to be stronger.
*Infatuation is a very dangerous state! The biggest threat comes when Vincent has it and attacks his own team; his passive seriously works against you here. Luckily, it can be removed upon taking damage, and the turn count on it is pretty low. Keep your hp up, guard if you have to! Squall's Salvation soul skill removes the state, and he gets more skills that reduce/remove it. Also a skill that prevents negative effects from being applied!
*Vincent is a tad different than other characters; they grow at a predictable pace. Vincent grows more slowly, but honestly has the most versatility later, depending on how you build him. I did this because Vincent is, for his breed of monster, young. So the whole game he is growing.
However. Since this many people are mentioning to me the same things, I may consider giving him another physical starting skill.

Thanks again for your feedback! I'll be super happy if you finish the demo and throw some more feedback my way! :kaojoy:

Cythera

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
~~I wanted to post a bit of a spoiler/teaser of something I've been working on recently: A fast travel system! This thing has stalled my progress on my game for so long, since it's so...graphics-heavy...my worst enemy...
But now it's well on its way, and I wanted to post it here! So, hype? :kaopride:~~
FastTravel.png
Ignore the 43/43; there are more locations, but those are the ones players will initially have access to once they get fast travel.

Kupotepo

Fantasy realist/Advocatus Diaboli
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Found another passibility issue. Everything else is great. Thank you.

Here is at the walkway to the mining town and another one is in the mining town storage.
Passiblity Problem2.PNG
Passiblity Problem3.PNG

Cythera

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks @Kupotepo ! Those have actually been fixed, but I didn't feel some passable issues warranted a whole game update haha. All the goodies in the storage shed are on the other shelves, so if choose to steal from the poor town even after the guy asked you not to take any of the limited supplies, you aren't missing anything ;)

Cythera

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
~~Phew, it's been a while! But it's for a good reason; big update just went out! :kaojoy:
Lots of balancing changes made, lots system changes made, and lots of pretty graphical changes made! This completely renders previous versions' save files incompatible, so you can't carry your saves over. Sorry, but I promise it's worthwhile! You can check out all the changes (it's seriously a lot) in the Changelog on the main post; I've put a link there for anyone curious.
The most exciting change (to me personally) is the farewell of chibi battlers! Check out the new battlers that I drew - along with their transmogs! Wait, what's a transmog? Well, it's a different outfit/look for each party member that I added in because I wanted to!
VT.png
MT.png
ET.png
ST.png
There is also a Dark Conqueror transmog in the game, but it's a reward for an achievement that can't be obtained in the demo, so I'm not showing it off quite yet :3 It's a late-game achievement.

You might be wondering how to obtain those Beach Battler transmogs. Wonder no more! There is now Messenger Luna in the game, there to deliver special gifts! You can find Luna in an Inn in the game. She'll need a correct passcode before giving up one of those gifts, though! First one's on me: 0251380
I'll be posting the other passcodes somewhere on this forum page in time; stay tuned! :cutesmile:

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I need to replay it, got quite busy here, but I see if I can get all teh passcodes in the game
if there are a couple avaialble :)

Quexp

Lifelong Learner
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I just tried it out and here are my thoughts:
- Great job on the mapping! I got stuck in the dark cloudy marsh (gave up b/c the moving clouds bothered me) but I like how much detail there was and the mini-cutscenes were fun. I hate it when cutscenes are super long and drawn out but yours seemed balanced and you have a good (and well thought out) storyline.
- I like how you gave little tips for the players (like in first enemy encounter) but then gave us the archives so we're not forced to read through all of the mechanics if we don't want to.
- Having monsters spot the player was neat. That was much nicer than the bright flash and annoying sound many RPG's have.
- This is trivial but I the book laying on the bed (in first cabin?) was a nice touch.
- I *LOVE* how the player sees what objects he gained...without opening a text window!
- Thank you for including a Master Volume option.
- From watching today's livestream, I know you put a lot of work into character development and stats. I was impressed by that.

Criticisms (mostly just sensory things that are hard for me but might not bug others):
- The battle BGM seemed much louder than the map music.
- Lines in the message box made reading hard on my eyes
- The Save screen is jarring after looking at a dark screen.
- The only "glitchy" thing I noticed was in Tenrix Forest Path. The exit event to Tenrix Forest can be missed. I unknowingly walked around it (accidently found it when turning around to go back to town). Maybe move the event down one tile?

I'm no expert but, from the little bit that I played, very nice job! Thanks for sharing your game and allowing us to try it out. :kaoluv:

Cythera

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ShadowDragon you may or may not find these useful ;)

@Quexp Thanks for stopping by the livestream earlier today, and thanks for giving my game a go!
-You can sleep at any inn to push the in-game time a few hours forward; it makes travelling the Marshlands a lot easier - you just don't get the bonuses from Ella's '-Hunter' skills at night.
-Hmm, the battle BGM is actually set lower than the BGM on maps? I think it might be because it's so fast and upbeat that it seems louder? I'll definitely keep that in mind though!
-I have no plans to change the text box; you can alter its colour in the 'Options' to make the text easier to read if that helps!
-I never thought about that menu->save screen transition! The save screen background is easy to change, so I'll do some work on that; try to find a better screen :)
-Thanks, I'll look into that. Clearly I have a weakness when it comes to events - where to put them haha! This is not the first time I've misplaced a transfer event :3 Thankfully, it seems to only be one tile off so it's not unforgivable (for now. I hope. Sorry, please forgive me!)

Thanks again for your feedback! :kaojoy:If you play further, feel send any more feedback/constructive criticism my way!

Quexp

Lifelong Learner
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Cythera - You are most welcome and thanks again for sharing. I hope you are still having a lot of fun with your project and that it goes really well!
Clearly I have a weakness when it comes to events - where to put them haha!
You call that little bit an event transfer weakness? HA! When playtesting a project, I'm constantly finding myself on the opposite end of a map, in the middle of mountains (or somewhere else you can't move without using [CTRL], or even on the wrong map altogether! :p

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Cythera on replay (played a bit (not much yet)), I pay a bit more on graphic issues.
you may ignore those if you want too, bu if you can fix them on your way, would be nice.
(you dont have too), because I know this can be a pain though.

Top wall (first cave on the left) and cornerparts furhter left from the topwall issue.
So this as a suggestion, I can be hars, but not intended though =) (see spoiler)
topwall.png
cornerparts.png

I might find more along the way, untill I was last.

But got 1 questions about the achievements:
Are all achievements be able to compleet during this demo?

Cythera

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ShadowDragon Ugh, mapping with B tiles as walls is not fun. Thanks for pointing those ones out; I'll take a look at them.
And sadly no, not all achievements can be obtained in the demo. To keep previous versions as save-file compatible as possible, I added in all the achievements at the start, since any changes to the plugin aren't reflected in pre-existing save files. A good chunk of them are obtainable, and even more if you choose to farm up to max level in the demo (don't let me tell you how to play haha; if that's fun to you, go for it!)
The achievements that aren't obtainable in the demo are primarily the ???? Achievements - you can get the first 2 in the demo, but they are difficult to get and you only have one chance to get them. You also can't get the Trivia, Temple, or Moon series achievements as those locations aren't accessible yet :)

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Cythera Tiny update till the the wooden trailer (forgot its name)
battle from mara's house (2nd and 3rd battle has this weird hp bar offset:
HPbar_offset.png

At the market place I think, or else sapphire, in the same house are chair issues,
1 is walkable (looks weird), the other above are 2 chairs, top of those are above
character cut off it's hair:
marketPlace_house.png sameHouse.png

Lastly, on the wooden trailer, the weird looking bushes, I dont know if its intensional or not.
intensional.png

that's all for now.

PS: at marshlands, there are yellow bushes, one of those corner is walkable with the
flower on it. 1st or 2nd map, close when you enter the map.

Cythera

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ShadowDragon Aghhh, I thought preloading the bars would fix that issue!!!
It's a Mog plugin, and it does that from time to time sadly. I'll poke around the code and see what I can do :/
Those chairs are doodads; clearly I didn't put proper tile restrictions in place haha. The grass lines are intentional - I wanted them to be mini rolling grass hills. Clearly not having that effect - still. Whelp.
The marshlands grass are intentional - you can't normally walk on thick grass in the game, but I do put passable flowers and such to allow you to pass and claim treasure chests that way :)

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Cythera I issue so far before slying a dragon, (might be 2 issues.

one is in the prison of Vincent waking up:
it's still on the bed, maybe one of the red cross?
wrong_spot_prison.png

the other issue is, whenever I use Vincent's magic skill "DarkFall", it inflicts a state
that does appantly nothing while it should deal massive shadow dmg, dmg dealt = 0.

asside from that, all normal attacks, magic, sould, etc become grey out and cannot
be used and yo ucant attack the enemy in any way, only guard, inventory works,
nothing else, well..... escape :p

is something wrong with the skill, or not using in the correct way?

PS:
in the town where you need to slay a dragon, the 1st house or 2 of the houses, there are
chairs you can walk and has passability, which should not happen when you are at the
back of the chairs, I dont know if the bed (as in the image) should be like that in the houses
of the mini town.

Addon:
guardy.png

As a side note before I this, when vincent got prisoned, there was a hidden bookcase,
that your couldn't enter, was this intensional or shouldn't supposed to open or to enter it?

Last edited:

Cythera

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ShadowDragon Alrighty, let's see - I just had a very long day at work haha so hopefully this reply is coherent...
Um, no, the movement route in the first image is working as it should be. The player actually has Through On for that scene. If the scene looks a lil awkward, I can adjust the movement route :)
DarkFall is...interesting, to say the least. I have never once encountered that issue using it! I will certainly take a look at the skill and see what the problem is. DarkFall doesn't inflict any status effects anymore; I'm wondering if you tried to use it just prior to being hit with an Immobile status yourself? It also does consume a fair chunk of MP, so you may not have had resources to use any skills afterwards. Again, long day, but I'll take a closer look tomorrow, thanks :) I did just overhaul all of the Dark Magic skills, so I could very well have accidently broken something :3
Chairs sound like more doodad-region-restriction oversights on my behalf...
Yup, Lyla's text has a typo. It should read gaudy - which means so over-the-top in pricelessness that it's tasteless.
No, you cannot enter the hidden bookshelf. It just holds an item; that's all!

~~Edit~~
Okay, DarkFall breaks...something? I honestly wish I knew. For some reason, using the damage formula in this specific skill breaks something in combat. I...I have no clue. It has to be a conflict of some sort, but that makes little sense considering I use user level in other damage formulas. But removing user level from DarkFall's damage formula fixes the issue.
Opinions on this one: push an out an update/patch for this, or just warn people not to use DarkFall until the next update? :3

Last edited:

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Before I use Darkfall, I mostly start full HP, full MP, half full soul, but the rogue foes first
where I use moon skill, than Darkfall, but the only thing I could do is escape.

I dont know if patching will be able to continue the game from savefile and "hopefully"
continue, or else I play and for the next update.

I got in the next town (almost) for the dark shadow origin mage., but I will NOT use
Darkfall skill untill it fixed, else, I cant kill any enemies when I use it :p
I can't say what state is added though, but has a shadow/dark twist icon on it.

Will report further when I encounter other issues (outside of grammar), however,
there where some weird grammar along the way, but if I need to replay it in the
next versions update, I will screenshot that one for you.

it was also nice to play as Micah that killed the 2 hunters :p I didn't exspect the 2nd
hunter to die to be honest :) Really nicely done, I love the story, adventure is in it
which I love as well, so keep it up the nice work :)

EDIT with minor errors along the way:
in Gohen town or verity, the girl outside has the typo surronding (should be surrounding)
typo0.png

same is thrue for Squall
typo2.png

which is later in the conversation on this one:
typo1.png

(at least I think it will be like that).

in the house else where, there are some minor passability I got pass:
the basket can be walked through it, the chiar or bench, should be blocked
at the back of it, the red coss is something I cant go (probably intentional).
issue1.png

I will be on my way to Srine of shadows, will report when I get more.

EDIT2:
in the shadow shrine, I need to puzzle with 4-5 spheres and hte pilars,
I think they need to match the correct colors, but I do that later, here is the issue
I found.
this is on the left side, I think the 1st entrance down, left, and up around that
room, there is 1 more room above it containing a chest.
shadowshrine.png

Last edited:

Cythera

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think what I'm learning is how badly I need spellcheck/editor! :kaocry:
Also I found the problem with DarkFall - it wasn't what was in the formula rather than what wasn't. It was missing a math.ceil. Right now it does damage with a load of decimals which MV just hates.
Thanks so much @ShadowDragon for pointing out all my Lil oversights :3 And don't worry, Micah comes back! You'll see him again soon !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Say, does anyone know any other indie game development forums? Progress on my uni survey has been a little slow, so I wanna look into posting it around a bit more.
Due to the bullies' resurgence on Facebook and Twitter against my friend (and I since I defend), we've decided to move over to tumblr to try to obscure our presence, where we might finally be at peace working on games. If anyone wants my/our game's tumblrs to follow lmk. :kaojoy:
Is there anyone need help with anything except art and music?
is Gotcha Gotcha Games Inc. = KADOKAWA CORPORATION? I haven't found this topic yet, Want to know for credits on my game. Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
uniteditcare