ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I got stuck on Cerbie, keeps killing me with 1-2 AoE attacks :p though little doggie.
need to find monsters to train ALOT more to get stronger as well materials to build armor.

but your welcome, my grammar is far worse though, but noone is perfect, sometimes they
did it intensional in the way they speak.

the pilar was not really color based, but really nicely done otherwise.

Cythera

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Go Cerbie! :kaoluv:
He is quite difficult if you have the Difficulty Lock option on, as he does use his aoe Dark Pulse more often! I can beat him consistently at lvl 17. Try to Stagger him with Ella first turn so you have more time to prep for his attacks. Make sure you break Cerbie's Magic with Squall's '-star' skillset so Dark Pulse does less damage.
Let me know if you need anymore help beating him and I'll message you my strategy for the Cerbie battle :)

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There is another Sorronding typo, between mara and Squall in the conversation at the boat
where he is joining the group =).

I try a different methode, and see if I do this one smarter by powering the skills
better in order to kill this puppy Cerbie :p (so you dont here from me for a bit untill
after killing Cerbie).

EDIT:
@Cythera Minor issue in spoiler =)
In the crafthouse or where you can buy craft material, there is an invisible block.
you cant leave this spot untill the NPC moved away
RoseWind_Crafthouse.png

EDIT 2: 2 minor issues:
Dianath weakness = ICE, but using Ice Spell with Mara, doesn'show weakness to it,
like it has a different weakness?

and a poison type in at vincent cell from squall(hanson)
poison.png

Last edited:

Cythera

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ShadowDragon Thanks, fixed the typos up :) I passed English class, I swear.
Oh, and on Dianath, some enemies 'hide' their weaknesses, so the popup doesn't appear :) You have to either use Insight to see the weakness, or know roughly what damage your spells should be doing! Some enemies have this tied to their passives, so the weak popup won't appear if their passive is active - in other words, you'll have to inflict SpiritCrush in order to see the weak popups. Insight still reveals the elemental weaknesses though! It's always a good idea to use it on enemies you encounter for the first time.
By the way, did you beat Cerbie yet? :p

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I always use insight, such a usefull skill, maybe to low in MP :p

No, I didn't beat Cerbie yet, I got it as low a 10-20% off :p
but I'm close to cerbie with a different approach, than I hope I can beat it.

even if you pass English class, everyone make typo's (even me) with "teh" instead of the,
and some other words or missing a letter.

this happends alot of fast typing and read over it :D
the story is still good though, and I'm bad at grammar in overall, so I check google
for the correct spelling if I don't know how to write it :p

I enjoy the game, but I'm at the dragon cave again, so I hope I beat cerbie if it's not
the end of the demo yet :) the story is so nice, I specially like Squal not taking away
by the wind origin mage: "isn't this aqward" or something like this :p really nicely done.

but I really hope Vincent punches Squall for lieing to him.
also the origin mage pushed away teh sidekick "whooops" =)

Every game should have some humor in it, it brings the game also a bit alive within
the story.

as far I played and 2nd time to pay attention to other things, (without music part)
I rate this game currently around 8.6/10 =)

but I'm curious, what is the end of the demo?

Cythera

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm super happy you enjoy my game @ShadowDragon , and yay, I'm flattered by the rating! ^-^
After Cerbie, there's one more 'major' boss. There is a big battle that is hard because you're missing one party member, but I do allow you to lose that one without a game over - you just don't get a good reward for it. There's another boss, but it's a semi-hidden optional one. The demo is probably 8 hours? I speedrun it in 5 hours, but I'm the dev :3 I know the optimal playthrough and team configuration for every enemy.
I'm glad you enjoy the character interactions haha. It's a very weird party of 4 working together, isn't it? ;P The team dynamic was super fun to write, and having one of your party members being related to the antagonist is allowing me to write in all sorts of twists!
You can also change some dialogue and cutscenes based on how you interact with everyone :kaopride:
Have fun with Cerbie - he's not too hard is he? I want challenge, not unbalanced. Can you let me know what level you are, and what your general team configuration is? So who does what in the battle, and what skills you learnt first.

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I learn skills based on enemies and bosses that comes, Suall mostly to heal,
other depends, but mostly tackle/ram first so it lose some nice amount of HP.
than insight and attack on weakness.

Cerby has light weakness, but it does lower dmg than I use a different skill
that does more.

I was lv 14 on Cerbie (maybe to low) compared to the dragon at lv 11.
but it can be my armour to low, but cerbie deals over 600 dmg or tice 400+ on
my whole party. Need to level to 18-20 to have a better chance.

as for speed run to the dragon, I'm at 2.5 hours, so I dont know how long I need
to go, but keep the nice work =) I report later back after cerbie :) (I hope)

EDIT:
@Cythera A little update on my free small time, on my way to the shadow shrine:
I found this passability :D

passable.png
Sorry for sending bugs (I love to squash them for your)

But I got to wonder, what do you "gift" squall in verity btw?
he doesn't like flowers though.

Last edited:

Cythera

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No need to apologize; squash all the bugs, @ShadowDragon ! :3 I can playtest for days and I'll still miss things here and there, so all your help is appreciated!
And yeah, you're way lower than I anticipate players will be for the Cerbie battle. I'm guessing people will be around level 18/19 for him.
This really depends on your team configuration, but the skills you should have include: Ella's Stagger, Squall's Star Shot, Vincent's Tackle, and Mara's Light Strike and her Element Charge soul skill. Vincent's Aerial Slice is nice here too, but not critical.
Get the White Symbol in Gohen and put it on Vincent's scythe to make his elements Light-based if you haven't already. Start the fight with a Stagger to give you a turn to set up. If Vincent has Aerial Slice, use it. If not, use Mara's Arcane Exposure so she can deal lots of damage. Cerbie starts using Dark Pulse at turn 3 - make sure to use Star Shot before then so the spell does little damage.

As for Squall's 'gift', there isn't one you can get him :p It's just for fun haha, and he remembers you tried to flirt with him in later interactions.

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Here some other issues on empty road and in Gohen Town:
Empty road is a rock blocking (should be above player)

Town are some plants walkable, some of those arent, so I think those are
the same? didn't check all.
minor_issues.png

And here a type from the job Organizer, I cant tell for sure if it has the same type before
I took it or not, but when re-checking, Kinfe is spelled worng "knife" =)
typo.png

there might be more of those tine bits, didn't check all, so I was looking for the knife,
but need to check everywhere and probably talk to anyone to see if they have the knife.

that's all for now, might play later before I got to the shadow shrine if I can get some feathers
somewhere as well.

EDIT2:
in the in of Gohen, chairs are also passable, + I beated cerbie finally after 3 tries :D
will continue when I got time and see if I can beat this demo =)

hardest fight for now :)

Last edited:

Cythera

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ShadowDragon Yay! I hope Cerbie was just a difficult fight and wasn't unbalanced. Also, he won't be the hardest fight for very long... :3
I have fixed all the grammar+tileset issues you've sent me haha. Out of curiosity...did you get the hidden achievement after Cerbie?

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
not yet, didn't explore the room yet, but I was level 13 atm when I beat cerbie, 1 level lower =)

after walking around further and conversation in Tiral place, (no screenshot):

Ella's say something to better watch yor eye on it? instead of eye's? (skipped to fast here sorry)

and something else, like: you better, you hear me, which should be you bet? (unless both can)

and one chair issue (walkable), while mara walk through it, both chairs in Nalia's house/cabin?
snsmsys_nalia.png

Last edited:

Cythera

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ShadowDragon Nah, the hidden achievement is earned if you beat Cerbie without anyone dying in the battle. The moment one of your characters dies in combat, the achievement is forever locked :p All major bosses have that special achievement. I was just wondering if it was possible to get it when you're that low level haha.
Searching for the 'eye' typo; Ella's line was intentional :) Borderline threat from her.
And, oh dang, you lost against Vincent! That's a shame. If you win, the rewarded Soul Trigger is amazing for that stage in the game. I will check the passability issue, but I'm pretty sure I fixed it already but didn't want to update the game for such a minor thing :3

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I dont know when you last update the game, still using the same one for the issues I found.
I got a soul trigger though, but I think it was ella'sor mara's, cant say,

I got cerbie down to 10k without anyone dying, after that, 2 dies, so I had 1 left to finish
cerbie on close call on 12 hp left, and cerbie died :p

but bara walked under the chair to sit down, which was already looked weird.
I had vincent down to 10k, and cant use revive on my dead allies either, so it
was rather impossible to beat vincent (probably because of level 15 at the time).

Ella's got the shadow orb of tiral, but don't exacly know if something was added.
if a new update was already uploaded, I didn't downloaded it yet, because I think
I'm close to the end of the demo, unless new stuff was added, but the story is really nice.

to bad you cant bake the bread quest in Gohen, took me a while to find the knife.

but anyway, you can fix the chairs, and all other issues before update the game again :)
(while with no sound playing), I give this game a 8/10, some times it's hard, but there
is also another issue I think on Mara skills:

you cna cast an instant spell to show the enemies weakness, but I update a skill or overwrite
the skill to show the weakness, and the skill compleetly disapear, and the update one doesn't have it.
I dont know if this was intentional or not, but it make things harder on new enemies.

and while same enemies has A, B, C in it, I made a tiny function in my TF (not updated yet),
that remove those letters from enemies :) can be seperated if you want it.

but I can update the game later again to reply when I get more time again to squash some more
bugs for you :) (while my vincent dark skill = still broken) XD

Cythera

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey @ShadowDragon I haven't updated the game since V1.2; I much prefer doing bulk updates than lots of lil updates haha. It takes me almost an hour to upload my game because of my greattttt internet connection. Anyways, side tracked :3
The chairs were swapped out, but after the last update, so it'll apply to the next update :) Along with the DarkFall skill fix! :3 I'm working on bug-testing the next section of the game so I can't say when that will be yet...
I'm actually surprised you were able to beat Cerbie at such a low level :p You can't have had that many skills. You not beating Vincent at that level is no surprise. You can't revive in that fight because of his passive - the key is either to bulk up your defenses so you don't take too much damage at once, or a better idea is to just use SpiritCrush Slash and block Vincent's passive.
Check Ella's equipment; she will have automatically equipped the Slow Exchange relic; just like how Vincent auto-equipped the Awareness relic at the start of the game. These are fixed for plot purposes; you can later farm relics and customize with them :)
I'm going to need a little more information on Mara's Insight skill! She has that skill from the very start, and it can't be upgraded at all. I taught Mara all her skills in my playtesting, and Insight was always there. Sometimes if you've learnt a new skill, her Insight skill might be pushed down the in-combat list so it isn't immediately visible? If Insight isn't even listed in her Skills tab outside of combat, that is a surprising and concerning bug; none of her skill learn options interact with Insight. If you could take a second look at her Skills tab for me? If it's absolutely not there, please let me know what skill you learnt/upgraded right before Insight disappeared.
Also, that function to remove enemy A,B,C, etc from their names sounds amazing! I don't know if it's a viable option though, as I'm trying to keep save versions compatible, and adding/changing plugins wrecks compatibility right away :3

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I got many skills because of the "Mana ......." that adds 45AP, so I got 80 of those and
have around 30 -40 now, so it can be used to learn skills :D, not the passive one that
require Dark Stones.

but this is Mara's skill list (not shown in battle either), does this mean I broke the game
somewhere, skipping, seeing something over my head that can cause this?

(it might be your fault, can be mine, dont know) (I kinda force bug/force glitch
through the games progress to see what can be broken, and what cannot, I think
I might broke her insight skill this way somehow after upgrading her skills)
skillError.png

Cythera

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay, that is...seriously bizarre. None of Mara's learn skill options ever interact with Insight; that skill is given in the class database at level 1. It's the most default skill in terms of learning and upgrading, because...you start with it, and you cannot upgrade it. I'm racking my brain to think of what could of caused this, and am coming up short. I searched all the events after Verity to see if I accidently did something with the skill, and nada.
Can you PM me your save file please? Along with any previous save files (so if you saved beforehand when you still had the Insight skill). That will help me pinpoint where it vanishes so I can find and solve whatever causes that.

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I only have 1 savefile, and I broke it somehow, not that it matters that much :p
got mara's AP under 0 as well once (-83) (I play a bit more nicer further on the road).

anyway, I got some more issues to fix at Nalia's underwater place (probably a boss fight
later I cant beat (due to low level but I can try))

issues in Fenra
on my way to fenra, there are some issues in this map, Nalia's abandonned temple?
Image is bigger with arrow (H), vincent's hair is shown, same is true on the other pilar where
the red line is with "H" above it :)

left side can be walked above, mistake as well? the "B" red lines cannot be passed by
and block the placer from the right to left and from top going down. on B, not able to
got up or go right.
error2.png

In fenra, there are some issues, bottom left is a passable wall
fenrabl.png

The other 2 are house issues, 1 of them is the house above it, railing issues (walks apon it
instead behind it, and the other can be walked through an empty space up and down
fenra.png
fenra2.png

Nalia's Place underwater:
The next issues are in the underwater are, 2nd section with double stairs down.
while those stairs are 2x single, and not exacly double (black line in center) should be
the correct staircase (with 3) to defin the lenghts, either the 2 sides, or 2x the center
of those stairs.

this one has walkable plants, the one a bit further cannot (on purpose?)
underwater.png

this is the bridge on the same map you can go down each tile, but not
walking left or right (red lines) midding railing or placed those?
underwater2.png

the bridge previous map cannot be walked under it (kinda a shame), but the maps
are really nicely made.

PS:
somehow, the insight got back after clearing Fenra somehow, but if it happen again
I will send you the savefile. (sorry for breaking the game, Like to push the game to
their breaking limits).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Hey everyone! Not sure how many people know about Cafofo Music on Itch.io, but I highly recommend their Sound Effects! It is amazing quality AND quantity and best of all, they are having a 50% sale! I can't express how much I love sales.
Wow.... My last map GIF got 47 likes, 16 retweet and 2,105 views on Twitter in 24 hours. My game thread here's only got 3k views in 6-7 months. I guess building my Twitter was insanely worth it. :LZSexcite:
working hard working hard working hard >:)
Do you have an audio you want me to animate? If so send me the youtube link and I’ll animate it.
Okay, so I'm working on Draft 2 of my game's script.
Will try to keep you guys posted, if you're interested!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhimsicalFae