Cythera

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
~~Update is finally here! Yay!!! Oof, that took a while...
Ver.2.0 is now uploaded! The story continues, within the new regions of Etheral, Portien, Thruale, and an expansion of the Kaldia region! New characters, new enemies, new skills and armours and weapons, new achievements!
You can see the entire changelog here.
Previous save files are, to my knowledge, compatible. Just be careful loading in, as some maps have changed. I recommend entering an Inn before moving the save file to the new version.
On top of all that, this update contains the greatest cutscene to ever exist. Enjoy ;D ~~

Oh, and I added a picture to the screenshots on the front page...I wanted to share my pathetic failure when bug testing my own game.

Lady_JJ

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I started this game about 10 days ago with v 1.2. I had no problems moving my save files to v 2.0. I made it to the desert and I 'think' I can't go any farther. I did come across one whirlpool (western edge of desert) that didn't have an event associated with it, so I'm thinking that's where the entrance is planned?

I decided to backtrack and see if I could get a sense of direction or even enter a town. In the northern area of Border Forest is a hexagram inside a circle of stones. I don't remember seeing it before, but I could well have missed it. When you interact with the sparkle, Squall says we don't have anything powerful enough to unlock the aura and that we're wasting our time here. When you leave, and engage in battle, you get this error:

Loading Error
Failed to load:img/sv_actors/Vincent.png

and, indeed, Vincent's picture does not appear.

You have to load a previous save in order to continue playing. If you don't interact with the hexagram, then battle encounters don't cause a problem.

All in all, it's a really fun game. Heavy on story and dialogues, but I like that. There are a few typos, mostly omitted words. I'll list a few.
At whirlpool cutscene, Mara says
"That's enough. I'll go first. I-I do an affinity for water, after all. It may help."
?should be
"...I-I do have an affinity..."

Boat cutscene, after captain delivers meal, Vincent says
"I honestly can't eat-all this rocking around on the waves. I-I think I'll just up to the top deck for some fresh air. Maybe watching land get closer will make me feel better."
?should be
"...I'll just go up to the top deck..."

Farm cutscene with Raven upon arrival of Raptor, Raptor says

"Little Strais... I could smell you from town. Your scent was on the wind. And it was one those three mages."
?should be
"And it was on those three mages."

The rare typo aside, it's nice to read some well written dialogue. You do have a talent for storytelling and conversation. Looking forward to the continuation of the story whenever it comes. :)

Edit-
In the South Gate --> Eastern Lowlands, Kaldia sign screen, I encountered this error.

1611118610839.png

This was during a battle in which Ella was spamming Rush to steal while the other three were all repeatedly guarding.

Last edited:

Cythera

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi @Lady_JJ thank you for the feedback! I'm really happy you made it so far into my game! :LZSproud:
The way to proceed isn't on the western edge of the desert; it's actually in one of the three smaller 'corridor' maps that you can enter from the south-west map (if you see an ocean, it's adjacent to there). The map in question is small, has one enemy, and has a golden sandpool in the middle of it haha.
The Border Forest event you're referring to is actually where you get Squall's legendary weapon later. That error, yup, I know what caused that...whoops! Thanks for letting me know, and I'll fix it as soon as I can!
The other issue, I will have to look into. If you remember, which enemies were you fighting, and whose turn was it coming up/what skill was used at the crash? It looks like an issue with an enemy-instant skill. I've had some fun trying to get those to work properly with Olivia's OTB system.
Typo issues, thank you...I still can't read my own writing it appears haha!
Thank you again for the feedback! If you get around to finishing the version 2 demo (roughly an hour from where you are now) I'd love to hear your overall thoughts on my game.

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm going to replay it (wont pay much attention on the typo's though like lady_JJ
because I'm not that good, but I can do other feedbacks =)

will report when playing around (this time a bit slower for higher level) as well.

Lady_JJ

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'll need to look around the ocean a bit more then. I know exactly where you mean. I must have overlooked an exit.

As far as the battle error, I don't remember. But the battle wasn't any different than any other in that area. It certainly appears to be an isolated effect. I've had scores of battles prior and after and never encountered that error, so I don't think you really need to put a lot of energy into trying to trace it. If it ever happens again, I'll write down everything I can remember.

I'll definitely give you some feedback when I reach the end of the demo. Off now to find a golden whirpool.

Hi @Lady_JJ thank you for the feedback! I'm really happy you made it so far into my game! :LZSproud:
The way to proceed isn't on the western edge of the desert; it's actually in one of the three smaller 'corridor' maps that you can enter from the south-west map (if you see an ocean, it's adjacent to there). The map in question is small, has one enemy, and has a golden sandpool in the middle of it haha.
The Border Forest event you're referring to is actually where you get Squall's legendary weapon later. That error, yup, I know what caused that...whoops! Thanks for letting me know, and I'll fix it as soon as I can!
The other issue, I will have to look into. If you remember, which enemies were you fighting, and whose turn was it coming up/what skill was used at the crash? It looks like an issue with an enemy-instant skill. I've had some fun trying to get those to work properly with Olivia's OTB system.
Typo issues, thank you...I still can't read my own writing it appears haha!
Thank you again for the feedback! If you get around to finishing the version 2 demo (roughly an hour from where you are now) I'd love to hear your overall thoughts on my game.

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Cythera Now I wonder if you really did pass english class :p
a typo cruical = crucial in the very first battle encounter.
typo crucial.png
the more you play it, or done it, you see much more :D sorry for this, but I wonder if
you have any proof of passing english class.

EDIT: I got a bunch more typo's for you, will edit them and show you when I got time,
but also a side question.

in most dialogue boxes, you ended up with ";" (semi-colon), why is that?

Last edited:

Cythera

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
XD I swear I passed English class, @ShadowDragon ! Believe it or not, I finished grade 12 English with around an 83%! Spell check was my best friend ;)
The issue is I read too fast and know what the box is supposed to say, so I read that instead of what it actually says :3 But honestly if the biggest issue/complaint with my game is a typo here or there, I'm okay with that!
If you want to further mock my English skills, it took me until 2020 to realize 'sigil' is NOT pronounced like 'see-gil'...

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
83% for correct, makes 17% chance to write it wrong, I got 3 other spelling mistakes, and
some others, here are the typo's in Markets Corner:

inn
affordable.png
which is affordable, not afforable =)

flower girl:
an use.png
an use, not a use, because you know why, a cannot be used if the next letter is not an
a, o, i , u , e (so far I know it).

the guy for science I think (very difficult word to write it wrong,
fascinating.png
fascinating, not fasincating, ( I dont blame you, everyone make mistakes, even prof
games are some I spot and they never fixed it)

other issues around Market Corner (where I left off before ambush on the tavern),
chairfix.png
the chair fix, I think I send you this one, but not fixed yet, because hair is missing, I wonder
if the tower later in game is fixed or not yet either and the other chairs.

and lastly , the dog (forgot the name), when interact, it turn to its old position, like the
direction fix is missing.
dirfix.png

also in the first cave, it's not fixed yet (because you hate autotiles there to make it right),
so you can leave that be.

I pay more on the spelling than grammar though, because I suck alot for that part =)
also, I check more and train a bit more, so my levels will be higher, so I guess, I will be
around level 17-20 before killing Cerbie, and test some skills like Darkfall if that spell is
fixed, and has some powerfull spells ready for the enemies that comes (also glitch some
through the game, see if I can unlock the achievement without the requirements) :D

but the game is good, Hope the bridge in the underwater world is fixed :D
I hope this will do for now, have a wonderfull day =)

Lady_JJ

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
It's always easier to pick up on other people's typos than your own, because, as you say, we all read what we expect to see. I restarted the game. Two more typos
Sapphire, house along bottom row, child says
"I make my sister mad by cheating at cards! Mother won't let us outside unless we're together, so now she has to mop around all angry!"
?should be
"... mope around..."

RoseWind townsperson still says "raised her from a fowl" when it should say "raised her from a foal"
I think people wouldn't bother mentioning these errors if they didn't think the game was really good. Otherwise, why would they bother? So, yeah, definitely sending compliments your way. :)

Oh, and it's 'a use' not 'an use' because the a/an goes by the sound of the first letter, not the actual letter. So 'an umbrella' because umbrella starts with the 'u' sound, but 'a use' because use starts with the 'y' sound. I marvel at anyone who learns English what with all the crazy, inconsistent rules it has. Wouldn't you think that trough, though and through would all rhyme? But, of course, in English, they don't rhyme at all. Sometimes it seems there are more exceptions to the rule than there are rules.

Last edited:

Cythera

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well now I feel like I'm being ganged up on for my brilliant use of the English language :p
But thank you both haha; if the worst you're finding is some typos, I'm happy. And it is also amusing me to see such blatant errors - fowl instead of foal? Really? Different animals and I still mix them up :3
ShadowDragon, DarkFall should be fixed at last :3 Good luck going for the hardcore achievements!

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Lady_JJ if it's "a use" rather than "an use", than english is more complicated
than I would thought it will be, but for "fowl" to be "foal" or "mop" for "mope" is
something I didn't know at all.

but thank you for those head ups though, so I will skip that part =)

@Cythera you still didn't explain why some dialogues have ; (semi-colon) in it
if not used for a period?

I rather enjoy a good game if I dont read as long I know where to go =)

there are some games with very low dialogues, probably 10-20 max lines,
but the way is pretty straight forward.

but I like the humor in it, so I wont complain, but I love bug/glitch the game
if possible, but there are better games I played and beta test, but your game
is definitly on the list of favorite game for pc =)

also happy than your still going forward with it and see how things develope over time,
which is fascinating to see the changes =)

EDIT:
@Cythera I might found a bug or glitch in the skill system (sample is from Vincent Skill List)
skills.png

The Skill Learn Cost is visible, even Skill Upgrades says "None Available", but when I buy them
I still got the skills, while I got Darkfall, dmg is pretty low (because of my level apparantly (lv6)
and did 19 dmg (no weakness for enemies I use it for).

should it be blocking buying it if you cant upgrade at all? or learn the skill if none available?
this is probably true for the other allies (Ella, Mara).

Last edited:

Cythera

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I can't really explain my use of semicolons to be honest; it's just how I use them when writing. A semicolon is, grammatically, used to separate two points in a sentence where they're different enough a comma doesn't make sense. It's...really hard to explain, I'm sorry! You can Google semicolon use if you want, but I should not be the person to explain grammar - obviously :3
And the no upgrade available isn't a bug ^-^ Majority of skills you can upgrade to stronger versions, such as Ember -> Fire Blast -> Flare -> Smolder. I put the no upgrades available text on skills that have no upgrade. So DarkSky is just DarkSky; it can never be upgraded to increase damage or state chance, etc.
And yes, DarkFall from low-level Vincent will do pitiful damage. He is not a magic attacker at the start of the game, on account of his slow growth for his Magic stat, and that his starting weapon doesn't boost his Magic. Still, 19 is pretty bad...I'll check the damage formula out.

I'm glad you're still enjoying my game! :D You've been here since the beginning; it means a lot to me to know you're actually having fun playing what I've made!

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I dont say nothing about the next typo from Mara on Ezar's Lake (nothing)
I think you know why surronding is spellend wrong instead of surrounding?

oops, I did it again. maybe forgotten to fix that in the update.typo2surrounding.png

while I didn't beat the demo yet, the story is good and I love the envirnoment of the maps.
I cannot tell, if there are new maps added sooner or later after the ocean boss I didn't reach
yet because that place was a bit TO hard to reach compared to my level 14, while most would
be lv 18-20 or higher if it's advised, or low gear.

but where there keystones to be found/bought for the essence to be used?

I was also on a game called StoneWorks on version 0.40, and boosted bug and feedback
there, I love that game, and while he push it through the story for the next release, I need
to wait for that one, but the developement looks awesome if you see the transformation
to see new contents in the game, storyline, changes, etc.

same is true for your game, where darkfall blocks my skills and only guard and escape
is possible works nicely now.

the only thing that I see when upgrading a skill, basic skill does more damage than mid level
and high level skill (all enemies) does lower dmg than mid, maybe 500/amount of enemies?

anyway, level 6 with 19 dmg on darkfall might be to low, because you suspect over 100dmg
and more on higher level on all enemies, but that's me, I cannot see the formula, so it might
be correct anyway, I continue to RoseWind, but I'm a bit higher level (6 before, 10 now) or
higher when I reach the town.

Also, I unlocked 1 achievement, but gain no items :D glitch the achievement :D, but it will
gain the item probably when I got the achievement on the fair way :D

(no worries, noone can replica the glitch) ^^ but I continue and see what I can find more.

Lady_JJ

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm rreally enjoying the story. My favorite aspect, and I'll put it in a spoiler since it might very well contain discussion that's not meant to be obvious right now.
3 Origin Mages have referred to Ella as a Wind Demi. Ella has never mentioned the name of her mother (unless I missed that). Two thieves are mentioned in the story, one is associated with Asher and the other associated with Rurque. I'm hoping there is a connection here with Ella and Asher.
Don't feel compelled to respond to my musing here. I'm perfectly happy to let it play out as the game is developed.

I did find a few more typos
Spelling errors
receive is misspelled as recieve in at least 3 dialogues: Anamaya after kicking everyone except Vincent out, Evan's dialogue with Vincent in BloomGale tavern, Rurque's dialogue before opening portal
sensitive is spelled as sensative by Lyla in campground while Micah is translating book
Crossing Border Bridge, Mara thinks
(Tch, first-name bases with a dragon. She was more crazy than pretty!)
?should be basis

Grammatical errors
Grammatical issues
Vincent says
"Why'd you two go silent all the sudden?"
?should be
"...silent all of a sudden?"

Sympon in Gohen
"If you're that scared of an old man, then don't. And get out my shop."
?should be
"...then don't. And get out of my shop."

Couple speaking of Shrine of Shadows in Gohen Inn
"I wonder why you were permitted to enter the town in the first place. Monsters are usually allowed in Gohen."
?should be
"Monsters are not usually allowed..."

Same couple
"The peace is best kept by keeping humans and monsters seperate."
should be
"separate."

Raptor at Raven's farmhouse
"And it was one those three mages."
should be
"...it was on those..."

Soldier blocking exit from Deep WhiteBerry Forest to Ruster
soldier is incorrectly spelled as solider
Soldier by east signpost Bayview Road
soldier is incorrectly spelled as solider

Lyla upon arrival at Coconut Beach
"...raining fireballs down on us, then anything else!"
should be
"on us, than anything"

Lyla (same cutscene)
"You can catch them up in a minute."
?should be
"You can catch up with them in a minute."
These in no way detract from the overall enjoyment of the story and game.

Also, a couple of loose ends.
In BloomGale attempting to enter Ella's apartment building leads to a black screen where you can't move. You can access the menu and reload from a previous save, so it's not game breaking. I think this does prevent you from completing the quest to deliver the special tea? Also, is it possible at this point to complete the cake delivery quest?

I'm sure this is just because the game progress isn't complete, but returning back to the sandpool that leads to Rurque, after already having been there and completing that part of the story, gives you the same scene/dialogue as if you hadn't done it before, but then the screen goes black and once again you are stuck in the black. You can access the menu and reload the game prior to jumping down the sandpool so it's not game breaking, but the scene/dialogue needs fixing.

On a personal note, I think the respawning rate in Ator de Verimine is a bit much as it makes it difficult to get from one end of the screen to the other without all the monsters chasing you down again. Of course, that may be an intentional ploy to underscore just how dangerous the desert is.

Oh, and did I mention it's just such a lovely story and, overall, a thoroughly enjoyable game. Kudos on the crafting.

Cythera

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Lady_JJ I am not confirming nor denying anything until I get my edit bar back and can create spoilers. Without that edit bar, I am restricted to plain text :( A game dev who cannot for the life of her figure out the spoiler code...

Anyways, yes, typos, thanks :3 'recieve' oof, I feel rather ashamed about that one! I'm going to go through and fix all those now haha!
I personally never had that issue with reentering the apartment after the scenes in town; I'll check the switches and see what's going on, but if you could help me out and tell me when exactly you tried to reenter? And are you referring to the building in general, or specifically Ella's apartment?
EDIT: Never mind on the above; find and fixed the issue with reentering the apartment.
W-what cake quest? o_O Did I put in a quest that I forgot about?

The sandpool issue sounds like a switch error, but I don't know how, since that event runs once then goes self switch A which is blank...I'll look into it for sure.
EDIT: Never mind on the above; I was thinking of something else. Now I realize you mean the mini cutscene before entering the sandpool, and not the scene inside of it. Found and fixed!

The respawn/enemy rates are intentional. I can delete a few of the enemies, but since I give 100% escape with no penalty, I'm a bit reluctant to do so unless the enemy count becomes too big of a problem.

I'm glad you're enjoying my game! :D Your feedback (even you and Shadow teaming up on my flawless spelling and grammar...) is very much appreciated!

Last edited:

Lady_JJ

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Wasn't there some place where you were asked to deliver cakes? Maybe I'm misremembering. I'll go back and read my notes again. Maybe it was just a random dialogue and I thought it was a specific quest?

Can't wait for the next installment. :)

Cythera

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think I know where you're talking about cakes haha. Was it in Traders' Fort? There are two NPC's that reference cake, but it's not a side quest :3 Just random dialogue!

I'm not sure when the next version will be ready...I know I'll be updating the game in the next couple days, once I've squashed any more bugs and corrected the typos. Originally I was planning on releasing the game in 3 'chapters', but I'm thinking it will have to be 4, since the amount of planned side content is rather large. I could release it separately - DLC style - but due to the difficulty of the final boss, the weapons and armours from the side content would be really nice for players. Hence why I want to release that all at once. I'll sort something out :)

Oh by the way, how did you find the difficulty?

strife094

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'm really impressed by the UI, battlesprites and the battle background. Truly an effort from the heart towards the presentation.

Lady_JJ

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm probably overpowered right now, so the regular battles are fairly easy. I like the boss battles, they make me think about strategies. I don't always stay alive the first battle with a boss, forcing me to reload to get the achievement reward.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Just a reminder. One expectation of being a new member is that you read the rules. You can find them here: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.90/

Looking to identify this particular Keygen song used in a YTP
I'm currently in the mood to write horror.
Someone do something scary. (orange)
I have an idea, I am making low polygon 3D resources for a package in itch. but it occurred to me that I could export these as images and make MV / MZ compatible tilesets. What do you think of this?
I hate seeing threads where less-experienced user's ask for an opinion of their project, and the thread is full of negative feedback by others who are clearly not the target audience. I feel bad for the OP, and I hope they understand that no game can appeal to everyone. :frown:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dreaptix