kimo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
My comments are in spoilers because it keeps the message shorter on the screen.

@Cythera

I have beaten Presipa at lvl. 28 but Mara and Ella keep getting drowned by that nasty Water Wave spell. I have been using Victor’s innate passive skill to keep those pesky blob-like critters from resurrecting other party members, but it does require some detailed timing to accomplish.

What does “Big bonus if you can roll Water-Spec on some pieces” mean?

How have I missed an Armor Chest? I’ve never found any armor chest. With other chests, I have been using save – open – inspect – repeat if I don’t like the goodies. To be honest, I really don’t like the randomness of contents. Well placed items that are very hard to get would be a better choice. “You want that? Then fight all those monsters in the way to get it.”

Lady_JJ is the person who told me about this game and I know she keeps immaculate notes (even more retentive than I am … in a good way). So, you don’t have to feel like you’re not “doing your job” if someone beats you in a response. Some of us have no life. And it builds a gaming community.

@Lady_JJ

So, I shouldn’t use Victor’s monster form and cycle through that specific skill set?

What is used for regen+ or healthy++ armor. I will admit that I am a bit behind in the crafting stuff.

I, too, completed the Leg Day achievement, but my special pair of boots was “Sturdy Dragonscale Boots” that I think decreases physical DMG by a small amount. BFD! I wish I would have known so I could have reloaded for better boots. Again, I don’t like the randomness of goodies.

Where did you find the tinctures/symbols for Bloodthirsty and Siphoning? I’ve only found Sleep, Poison, and Light so far. Did you buy them at that store in one town? I don’t always buy stuff because I often find it later for free. Or were they in one of those chests I still have closed?

I have 26 Hyper-all potions, so I guess I need to use them more often. Ella is a good thief most of the time.

I have everyone equipped with anti-water stuff because it made sense; being underwater and such. I’ll use all that gold I mined to make some new stuff. There was a hint given about gold being magic-resistant but physical DMG was reduced.

Thanks for your battle strategy. I pretty much used a similar style except probably didn’t use Squall’s Stars spell as much as I should have. I just want the achievement reward. Do you think I could bribe the developer?

@ShadowDragon

What’s a “bidy”? Should that be “birdy” or did you really kill some old bidy? :guffaw:

Last edited:

Cythera

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No you may not bribe the developer :p
Oh, and @kimo you keep tagging someone named Lady and not Lady_JJ :3 I personally don't mind if you drag random people here, but Lady might haha!
Water-Spec is a trait that can be randomly applied to armour :) It reduces water damage taken by 10% so against Presipa it can be really helpful.
The Armour Chests are items that can be opened to find, well, random armour pieces. Yes, it's a gacha system, so I understand some people may not like thatt. But the odds are very fair in my opinion - you have a 7% chance for legendary armour, and you can boost that up to 12% with a certain item.
I hear you on the randomness - from loot boxes to armour/weapon traits - but it's a feature that I really enjoy myself. I tried to make it as forgiving as possible, such as, you can save before opening the box then reload if you don't like the contents. A lot of games I've played auto-save once you open the box so you can't 'reroll' the contents. Additionally, I believe the odds are quite reasonable. I understand this is a personal preference though!

I'm also gonna snipe your other points mawhaha!
Don't have Vincent transform against Presipa; his Willpower gets cut in half in his monster form, and since Presipa is mostly a magical attacker whose AI considers lowest Willpower...it's a quick death sentence for a monster weak to magic and weak to water.
Regen+, Healthy ++, Bloodthirsy, and Siphoning are all traits that can be applied to armours/weapons. Siphoning is actually useless on Ella since it steals a percentage of MAGICAL damage dealt, and Ella is no magical attacker
I love this system because you can get some truly ridiculous names on equipment!
Behold: Fiery Bloodthirsty Storm Scythe of Malice
Fiery is the Fire symbol. Bloodthirsty is a weapon trait. Storm Scythe is default name. And Malice is a tincture effect.

And yes, don't you know, Shadow likes to punch old ladies? :p
...I wanna add in an old lady you can punch now. I mean, there is an old lady who lives in a town you can steal all the supplies from and completely cripple the entire population...but it's not quite the same.

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Cythera I though you need to find keystones to make Light Orb thing you
can attach to a weapon, like the Light one to deal Light Damage.

but if "legendary weapon" has keystones in them, and you need 1200
each (if they stack correctly), than it's alot.

while they are useless atm, I save them, because you need around 100 for
a orb (what I though). but it seems I'm wrong on that part.

(PS: I try not to break the game balance but I had an old save so I redo it,
with alot of party wipe on lv 19 on the birdy XD) nut keeping members alive
for the achievement, a much higher level is required XD (I try to play nicer
next time (*cry*))

@kimo yes, I mean birdy, fast typing leave no letter behind.
Don't break the game balance like I do, or @Cythera might be really
mad on me if you do it as well :D (*hides in a corner*).

kimo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thanks for the heads-up about Lady_JJ's name. That's the way I know her on another game site and didn't realize someone else would be getting alerts.

I understand the use of options on weapons/armor, but I don't know whether they were bought or found. I don't remember something that cause "Bloodthirsty". I agree that the names of the items are great. There was another game I played years ago that did a similar thing, but augments could not be re-used. I do have gemstones that add stat effects, but nothing specific to regen. Am I missing something? Are regen and recovery considered the same?

I used Vincent's monster form the second time I fought the "bidy" and that explains why he was targeted so often. It did help keep the ladies alive, but not for long enough.

Again, thanks for all the info. This game has sooooo many aspects/features that I am still discovering them. I found the character status icons page yesterday. Your game certainly will be worthy of retail sales when it is complete. But, there are games out there right now that are a fraction of yours and being sold.

kimo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
For defeating Presipa (Bird), you get the Achievement “Bye-Bye-Birdie” with the following rewards which I think are a bit inadequate (IMHO):
8@ Mana Stones, 1@ Bag O’ Crafting, and 1@ Augment Chest.
I finally defeated the bird at lvl. 28 with everyone alive and only 1-2 close calls thanks to the battle advice of @Lady_JJ and equipment advice of @Cythera. My Characters were equipped as follows:
VINCENT: Bright Scythe, Gold Helm, Water-Spec Gold Chestplate (crafting), Gold Gauntlets, DragonScale Boots, Awareness Relic, Aqua Ring.

MARA: Sun Sweep, Gold Helm, Swift Gold Chestplate, Regen Gold Gauntlets of Recovery (crafting), Sturdy DragonScale Boots, Aqua Ring.

ELLA: Silver Chakram of Dreams, Silver Chakram of the Snake, Gold Helm, Arcane Gold Chestplate (crafting), Gold Gauntlets of the Elements, DragonScale Boots, Slow Exchange Relic, Ribbon.

SQUALL: Siphoning Obsidian Staff, Magical++ Gold Helm (crafting), Clear Gold Chestplate, Gold Gauntlets of Recovery (crafting), DragonScale Boots, Tooth and Claw Ring (from an accessory chest).
As a certified completionist, it is require by law that I attain all available quests, bosses, and tasks requested by villagers. I can’t wait until @Lady_JJ starts composing the crafting manual for this game.

@Cythera
Now I understand your comment about a “roll for Water-spec equipment”. The concept of rolling AD&D dice and Bye-Bye-Birdie makes me wonder how old you really are. So few people have even seen that movie and I saw it as a kid on a neighbor’s 8mm projector.

My on-going game observations for ver. 2.1 to date in no specific order.

When crafting, it would be great if somehow a character was indicated with the stat changes a new item would affect them as well as how many are already on hand.

To quote Vincent, “Nobody likes puzzles. Nobody.” Hmmmmm. Cythera and Cerbie do. I still do not understand the relationship between the crystals (and their walls) puzzle leading to 2nd Origin Mage even though I read everything in this forum and did get it correct by watching the graphics below each crystal.

The cut scenes are very well integrated into the story line and work well to advance the story. They are also a great use of your humor that often makes me laugh.

There is a slight pulse that I think is indicative of a “time change” but how would a player know what the day’s phase at that point has become other than the obvious day/night differences? I know dusk is between day and night, but it isn’t obvious to me. It probably won’t be obvious to others.

MP automatically recharges on occasion. It seems to be a function of gaining levels and completion of major tasks? Explanation should be provided in a user guide or somewhere else if possible. Great feature for saving player resources.

Mining activity seems to be lacking something. But, the absence of monsters is fine with me.

The variance of stats in same item descriptions does take some getting used to and is easily forgotten (or not even noticed) until you scroll through the items list a few times. This is a highly unusual difference from other RPG’s where the same item description has the same stats.

The unique game mechanics used in this game should be documented in a free guide addendum.

Why does Vincent’s dad (a full fledged Strais) look like a human? Let’s assume they can shapeshift and monsters can smell what type the other monster is. If so, that should be made clear in the story. I am just having a hard time accepting the truth, just because the story says so. This is the only part of the story line that I have difficulty in accepting.

Your use of thought/emotion icons added humor and made me chuckle many times.

There is an incentive to explore especially after encountering things like the “strange flower” in underwater cave. What other unique/strange item might I find when using the “action” key?

It would be great if a current inventory and player stats for equipment piece would display when crafting and viewing during “equip” function. For example “Gold Gauntlets of Recovery” are just described as a pair of Golden Gauntlets at the top of the screen without any expansion upon their unique ability.

Well, I'm off to catch a boat now.

Lady_JJ

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I love the crafting, though it can be tedious aborting and reloading for just the right item I want. The Archives do a really nice job explaining the different states available for both weapons and armor. I might change my mind later in the game, but, for now, I aim primarily for Magical ++, Healthy ++, Regen +, for armor, and bloodthirsty, magicked, and soulful for weapons.

I also kind of like the puzzles, though I was never able to solve that 3rd puzzle to get to Rurque (something to do with the quantity of numbers). I was glad to see that there was an option to continue the game, even if it meant a forfeiture of money and a level. Other developers have chosen to reward the puzzle solver rather than penalize the puzzle failure by awarding a coveted prize. I like the penalty better. I can always get more money and gain another level. I'd obsess about that cool scythe I missed out on. ;)

I love how @ShadowDragon hard glitches the game and pushes the envelope with those boss battles. I'm really happy to being an active participant as this game is being developed.

kimo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I love the crafting, though it can be tedious aborting and reloading for just the right item I want. The Archives do a really nice job explaining the different states available for both weapons and armor. I might change my mind later in the game, but, for now, I aim primarily for Magical ++, Healthy ++, Regen +, for armor, and bloodthirsty, magicked, and soulful for weapons.

I also kind of like the puzzles, though I was never able to solve that 3rd puzzle to get to Rurque (something to do with the quantity of numbers). I was glad to see that there was an option to continue the game, even if it meant a forfeiture of money and a level. Other developers have chosen to reward the puzzle solver rather than penalize the puzzle failure by awarding a coveted prize. I like the penalty better. I can always get more money and gain another level. I'd obsess about that cool scythe I missed out on. ;)

I love how @ShadowDragon hard glitches the game and pushes the envelope with those boss battles. I'm really happy to being an active participant as this game is being developed.

I agree with your exit-reload issues when crafting. I did find a "Persistent" effect when making gold armor, but I didn't keep the piece. As I remember, it was a -5% MAT dmg effect for the wearer. So "bloodthirsty" is aquired when crafting weapons?

I just burned up the ship and will be off with a 3-person team to the nearby town tomorrow. I can see why you started this game a second time. I don't know what's next because watching the cut scenes makes it very interesting to guess. So, how powerful do you think Ella will become? Now I want to figure out the puzzle for getting to Rurque. I'll share my notes when I get to that point.

@Cythera needs to consider a "what the #$@& were you thinking" mode for people like @ShadowDragon where enemy HP are 2x higher and character dmg is 50-75% of normal. Dude, you are awesome and must be running circles around the enemies you see.

Cythera

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I just wanna thank you guys for the amazing support and interest in my game! ^-^ You have no idea how happy it makes me to have people really and truly enjoy something I made on a random bet with a buddy haha. And the feedback you've been giving me is helping with the game's development so much.
If it's not asking too much, if you guys want to help out some more, you can leave games ratings on itch and good ratings help with visibility. And, let's be real, marketing is not something I understand. I joined a robotics club in school and my 'marketing' for it was the following announcement : "have you always wanted to take over the world with a robot army? Join our club and learn how to make that army today!" I thought it was great...the adults did not agree...
@ShadowDragon
I just...I cannot wait to unleash the full force of Retheam Temple on you. We will see how well you fare against those bosses when the temple is open! I am you when I play games though. Always 10 levels under and somehow casually strolling through the game...
@Lady_JJ
You actually get a random legendary accessory if you correctly answer the last puzzle :p Because it's so difficult, I wanted to sweeten the deal to players, as a congrats for solving it.
That puzzle was given to me in kindergarten when I was being a little brat - it actually had 10 numbers, but the MV input number is limited in how many you can, well, input. Teacher thought the puzzle would keep me quiet the whole class - nah, lasted all of 10 minutes. But from then on, I could be bribed with puzzles
Oh, and for your armour traits, yup, those are all good choices. I look for Shielding+SharpShell for Squall, Thorns+Arcane for Vincent, and usually Regen+ for Mara and Ella. Weapons, typically Bloodthirsty, but Mara I love with Opportunist
@kimo
Yay, congrats on besting Presipa! The achievement reward may not be a big deal to your team personally, but balancing the awards for the achievements is a rather tricky thing, since some can actually be obtained before the first boss if players want to utilize the loopholes, so I had to be very careful with the rewards overall.
As for your feedback...
  • The crafting point is a limitation of the plugin. When I first started using it, I didn't have enough coding knowledge to make heavy modifications. Now that I could, the system is so deeply rooted it would require way more effort to change, and would absolutely render save files between versions incompatible - something I am trying my best to avoid
  • I like puzzles - no, I LOVE puzzles. If I wasn't trying to make a player-friendly game, oohh, the puzzles I'd create...
  • Thank you; I'm glad you are enjoying the story, writing, and my sad excuse of humour! :D
  • Dusk and Dawn are a little hard to tell apart - dawn is usually a blue-purple hue and dusk is typically an orange hue
  • Players recover HP and MP upon level-up :) I also provide full party heals at some major plot points, like after big bosses or when I expect you to fight but you haven't had a chance to heal
  • Yah, mining is an alternative to fighting enemies for materials. I don't like games that force you to farm for materials when crafting is not optional for progression. So I offer alternatives. They may not be as engaging as combat, but they are options
  • Yes, gear does have variance in their stats :) That is pointed out in the crafting archives. When you craft equipment, you will see the available range in the stats in the description box ex. Defense: 14-20
    Weapons have a base stat, then a 'growth level'. That's the number of levels required for a +1 to the stat. Ex. If a scythe has a growth value of 5, and Vincent is level 50, then it's 50/5 = 10. So it's a bonus +10 to the weapon stat. Again, I put this in the archives so players can read it if they want, but not be forced through 5 minutes of texty info-dump
  • Thanks haha; the mechanics have been a really fun part of game development for me
  • Alrighty, I do touch on this point but it's a bit later in the game, so I can understand where you're coming from. Full blooded monsters that can shift into a human form have a certain degree of control over how they look. For Micah, it's convenient at times to look closer to human (especially considering he has a half-human son. How would he ever have gotten close to Vincent's mother if he had horns and a tail in human form haha?). Lyla the dragon is the same; she can control what she looks like and has taken many different appearances in the past before the events of the game
  • In regards to viewing equipment added stats, you can hover over them in either the inventory or the equip menu, and press the right and left arrows keys :) That will bring up their augment list, stat list, and a text blurb of any rolled traits they may have
Since you're wondering, my exact birthdate is actually in my game's thread XD I used it as a code for bonus in-game content from Luna

Lady_JJ

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
This is a puzzle you solved in kindergarten? Well, then, I feel really stupid because I can't even figure out the gist of the puzzle! We'll see how @kimo makes out. At least if I do go back, it's really not that far back. I hate missing out on a legendary piece of equipment. :p

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Cythera if you want reward make it worth for not let anyone die in party
for the boss, if it's armor, make it unique, NOT FOUND in the game at all,
only as reward, so you can be good up or after the next boss or special
treat +10% of max attack the player has, or def or 2% elemental dmg
so it does weakness dmg, but I dont know thier attacks, so it's only
an example.

as for the dieing 50x (for a cloak, whatever stats it gives), this is one of the
easiest one, just keep dieing, but is the cape good? I have no clue, didn't die
alot because I try to avoid it for gameover (if game over counts only).

so I cannot tell if stats on that cloak is the same or increase as depends
on your lv or party average lv.

but I can rate yor game on itch.io (if I can find it), because I got no clue how
it works yet for adding plugins or other stuff, still need to figure that part out.

kimo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Lady_JJ
It's on... sometimes really smart people like you can overthink a puzzle that us simple-minded ones can easily solve. And sometimes I can put my whole foot in my mouth. :biggrin:

@ShadowDragon
I agree that dying 50x is indeed the easiest Accomplishment in this game. And, yeah, the reward for the whole party remaining alive during a boss battle should be something you cannot get anywhere else in the game. :cool:

@Cythera
My rubber mallet (dispells confusion) is missing from inventory. Did you steal it by making it consumable in the update? Or is there a limit to its uses?
I got an "itch" this morning that I had to scratch. :wink:

Last edited:

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Anyone beat Lyla without transforming into a Dragon?
powerofsmartness.png

If not, not going to tell how I did it ^^ (@Cythera will cry if I do) she forbid me NOT to break her game!

*Hides in a corner, hoping she dont discover it how I did it.....* *whelp..... !*

kimo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@ShadowDragon
I don't know/remember who Lyla is. But now you have me thinking. LVL 12? I hadn't figured out the Monster form and spells at Lvl 12. This is a very complex game that makes replays highly likely for most players.

@Cythera
What does ProcRate mean for crafted armor?

Anyone have suggestions on what crafting books to buy in Trader's Fort? There are a load of them including an advanced weapon book that doesn't seem to allow any crafting of advanced weapons at this point in the game. There are way too many books, augments, etc. in this town to buy them all.

Cythera

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Grrrr, Shadowwwwww! You just bought everyone a Lyla buff, congrats! ;)

@kimo Maybe, maybe not...perhaps the mallet was always supposed to be consumable and the dev derped in previous versions...
Also, proc rate prefers to the odds a crafted weapon/armour will roll a bonus a trait :) So if the rate is 30%, there's a 30% chance it will get a random trait, and a 70% chance it will just be a regular piece of equipment.
Buy all the books in Traders' Fort, honestly. Sapphirewerk and Rubywerk for sure, and then the Emerald and Topaz ones if you can afford it. They sell in other places, but for a lot more, and you can't come back to Traders' Fort for a while once you're done there! And I don't recommend buying any - wait. No! Dev is stepping back now :p Enjoy the upcoming cutscene.

Lady_JJ

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@ShadowDragon - I went back to a previous save and my characters are level 12. I suspect I explored a bit more around the Highlands before attempting Lyla, but I did load that save and headed straight there. Uh, yeah, I couldn't keep everyone alive. Ella, in particular, seemed to be very vulnerable to Lyla's spells. I do have some copper and iron I could try crafting into more resistant state armors, but I'm not sure I have the patience for it. I'm thinking you're going to be one of the few, if not the only, player to be successful at that level. :)

@Cythera - I'm still stuck on that number puzzle. I wondered why I didn't remember that solving it gained a legendary item. I went back to a previous save (fortunately had one just prior to the jump into the sandpool) and now I know how I missed it. The directions to the puzzle and the reward are only shown the first time you read that northern wall. Then you have to solve the first two puzzles, so by the time you need that information, unless you've written down all those directions the first time, they're never shown to you again. I think you should consider giving an option to reread those directions so people can focus in on them after the first two gates are lifted. I wrote the directions down and saved them. Perhaps they'll make sense in my next lifetime, but at least I can reread them. Here's what I don't understand...
The top line is 00000765. The hint is that there is one 4. According to the directions, that means I put a 1 above the 4 and a 4 above the 1, so now the top line is 04001675. The 765 seems to fulfill the condition of 5 7's, so 5 above the 7 and 7 above the 5, and 6 6's so 6 over 6. That only leaves a few other possibilities: 04231675, 04321675, 24031675, 34201675, all of which satisfy the conditions, so what in the directions am I missing?

Cythera

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ahh, sorry, @Lady_JJ it seems I did not explain the puzzle very well... It's much easier to explain face-to-face with a person, and give them a piece of paper with the puzzle on it... Let me see if I can explain it any better here, and I'll make sure to edit the explanation in-game if so.
[TABLE]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[TD]3[/TD]
[TD]4[/TD]
[TD]5[/TD]
[TD]6[/TD]
[TD]7[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
Okay, so the bottom line of numbers is the 'value' line and the top is the 'quantity' line. A number on the top line means there is X of the bottom number in the top row. Ex. Putting a '1' above the '6' means that there is ONE (quantity) number SIX(value) in the top line. So somewhere in the top line, the number 6 has to exist. Let's randomly put that 6 over the 0. Now the quantity is 6 for the value of 0, so there must be SIX zeroes in the top line.
You could fill in the rest with 0's to get 60000010
But that's not valid, because there is a 1 in the top line, but the quantity of ones (that is, the top row number above the bottom row 1) is 0.
[TABLE]
[TR]
[TD]6[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[TD]3[/TD]
[TD]4[/TD]
[TD]5[/TD]
[TD]6[/TD]
[TD]7[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
Doesn't work, since there's a zero above the 1, which means there are 'zero' '1's' in the top row.
The top row is basically showing how many of the number below it are in said top row. Using all 0's wouldn't work either, because then the top row would show 0 zeros, which is obviously not the case.
Does that make anymore sense? Is it the way I worded it in-game that was confusing?
Also, good catch on the info! You can actually solve the puzzles in any order, but I see how that information might go missing if players assume they have to solve the puzzles in a certain order!

kimo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
So, Vincent just finished his battle at the farm with the dog and NPC. I played several times to see the different conversational responses out of pure curiosity.

One time I answered "Hiding?" then "From the Guild"
The NPC said something after Vincent left about her going to visit the Sigil Feather Guild. Does something change later in the story if you answer in that way? I decided to save a different set of answers because the drops from the monster attacking Vincent were much better.

It makes me wonder if you have triggers/switches for such events at other points in the game.

Lady_JJ

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@kimo - I answered "Hiding?" just because I could picture Vincent saying that. The characters have just become so real to me. I couldn't imagine him saying anything more assertive than that. I think my next choice was not "From the Guild" but I don't remember what that other choice was. I'd like to think we'll meet up with Raven and her dog Bray at some time later in the story.

@Cythera - yes, that does make more sense to me. So it's kind of a Sudoku like puzzle where you have to work the numbers in to fit the rules. But....
Why is the puzzle prefilled with 765 at the end? Clearly that can't be possible based upon the rules you've just clarified. Why not just show the puzzle all 0's when it's first shown?
Okay, going back to try again. Fortunately I can now take down Ol' Hard Rock in 6 or 7 rounds max.

Edit: Okay, got it! Yay!
Prefilling with 765 at the end was just an atrocious red herring! Was that intentional? Or just some residual from previously used variables? In the interest of fairness, I'd definitely preset all those variables to 0 for this particular event.

Edit again: It would also be nice if there was a pop-up of this legendary accessory since it's easy to forget that there was a reward. (What can I say? I'm old. I forget a LOT!) ;) Gotta say, I'm glad I went back to get it. Thanks for the help, Madam Dev. :kaothx:

Last edited:

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@kimo lv 12 is only 4 levels highter than the ffirst rush I made, so lv12 is improved
level before I got there the first time :D

@Cythera what Lyla's buff? this little (very difficult glitch) might work on Cerbie!
if I rush there on lv 12 (current level) so I might be lv 13 again, I might kill the puppy
BEFORE he transforms into Cerbie, else the trick might work on him too :D

did not find a way to do it outside bosses yet, but I will glitch it if possible!

PS: sorry for breaking your game, but I still enjoy the story :D
(dont worry, probably noone can replicate it) because it can takes hours
if not days to get it ONCE, unless you know how to do it rapidly.

if Cerbie works too, it works on every boss I think, but I keep this trick for my own.
else the other "players" have it easy time instead of the challenge.

if Cerbie puppy died and I get the achievement, I show you :)

kimo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Lady_JJ
I think the other choice for "hiding" was "from the Pirates". Did the girl mention the pirates after Vincent left? Another choice for one conversation branch is Vincent asking the girl if she would like to join the party. She is flattered, but refuses. Does she act later on any of these choices? Hmmmmmmm. A very complicated branch that would provide all kinds of future options (and programming nightmares for @Cythera ).

I agree with your comment about any major reward. It's what most players would expect, not just us. I may not be a fan of all the boxes sometimes, but all too often I have had to look for "new" in the inventory list to see what I recently obtained.

@ShadowDragon
I break games by going places no one thought about or "out of sequence" from what the developer thought a player would typically do. I have no idea what "glitch" you found, but keep it up because that is what any developer needs to know if they want to be the world's best robot maker game designer.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

forgot I drew Riley's message bust ages ago. They might be one of the most unique characters in the game so far.
37 years old...
What hath possessed me to start rapping, Lloyd only knows.

I think the worst part is, I am actually really good...

no... actually, the worst part is writing a song about bum rushing Gandalf to stop Frodo...
I don't even listen to rap.
Just finished v0.1 of FOSSIL. It's a plugin that lets you use MV plugins in MZ without editing them by making them use new functions.

I have about 40 plugins tested and working so far (including chrono engine and some other big ones). I hope that the community will pitch in and help improve it, so we can use all the old plugins in MZ. :)
I really lack discipline and find myself far too often giving into or at least seriously considering the temptation to start a new project rather than following through on a WIP that's no longer a shiny and new idea.

Does anyone have any strategies or tricks for making themselves follow through with things instead of doing this? Like that actually work?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OfTheSix