Original Character Contest 3 Announcement and Rules!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RPGMakerWeb

Admin
Admin
Reaction score
First Language
RPG Maker
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Steam投稿用_en.jpg

To celebrate our huge WINTER SALE, the Original Character Contest rises again!

Submission Dates (PST): Now - January 12th, 11:59PM Pacific

Voting Dates(PST): January 13th - January 19th, Noon Pacific

About

With the RPG Maker Character Generators, anyone can make their own original character. Uncountable possible combinations of components combine to give your ideas form. And now it's your time to put those skills to the test!

For this contest, we want you to share your original creation - including their personal background!

You must use RPG Maker MV or MZ for this contest. You can enter one entry for each version.

VOTING IS NOW OPEN:

●Participation Prize
  • A new event-badge
  • $5 Degica Shop Coupon
●For winners●
  • A special event-badge
  • Face/bust graphics for top 5 winners’ character will be made and released on RPG Maker Web as a free DLC.
●Details●

Each submission must contain the following to be considered:
  1. A set of 12 frames for walking character sprite.
  2. A set of 3 frames for damaged character sprite.
  3. A set of 54 frames for side-view battler.
In addition, you may add a short game highlighting your character. This game should be a quick, one sitting game. This portion is optional, but may help you in the overall rankings in the end!

●Entry Template●
  1. Character name:
  2. About your character: background, characteristic, personality, etc:
  3. Skills (if any):
  4. Credits for users to use your work: (e.g. [Copyright](C) Degica, Co. LTD)
  5. Materials you used: (if you used something other than the standard RTP)
  6. Tools you used: (if you used something other than the standard RTP)
  7. If original content is used, please add conditions of use: (Please indicate permission for condition 1 or for condition 2)
  • Condition 1: User-created / Your original resources, and allowed to use/modify/release alone/sell
  • Condition 2: User-created / Your original resources, but not allowed to either use/modify/release alone/sell
In addition, if you are uploading a Sample Game of your character, place a link to it at the bottom of your entry.

●How to submit●
  1. Click “Upload a File” to upload your 3 images.
  2. Click “Full Image” below the images you uploaded to embed them.
  3. Write required explanation using the entry template shown above.
  4. Click “Post Reply” to post your original character.
If you are uploading a Sample Game for your character, it will need to be uploaded elsewhere and linked in the entry.

●Terms and Conditions●
  • You may not use resources and DLC sold in the RPG Maker Web store or via Steam.
  • You may only use user-created resources that are available for modification and commercial use. Proper copyrights and/or credits must be included in the entry, as shown in the entry template.
  • You can use your own resources, but you must include copyrights and/or credits following the entry template.
  • You may not create a character that infringes on third party copyright or trademarks.
  • You reserve the right to delete your entry even if it has already been posted and voted on.
  • You may edit your work and/or the description after posting (we may contact you for confirmation if the character has changed significantly since the original posting).
  • Submissions including adult materials such as extreme violence and/or nudity will not be accepted.
  • You may tell your friends to vote for your post even outside the forums (such as on your personal social media) but you may not create threads or status feeds asking for likes or promoting your entry. Please keep the forum rules on advertising in mind.
  • Only one character/entry per person per engine is allowed.

●Handling of Submissions●
  • Users may use your assets (including personal background) to create their own game created with RPG Maker products and post, release, and/or sell that game.
  • Solely used for the creation of your own original game, participants may edit, process, and modify the materials posted for this event.
  • Applicants may not sell the RPG Maker assets themselves (even if they were processed, edited, or modified)

An applicant’s submission of an original character shall serve as an agreement to all conditions listed above. Any re-posting of the contest details must give proper credits in the description.

If you have any questions or feedback, please feel free to leave a comment!

Last edited by a moderator:

SmashArtist

Lazy Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm excited to participate!
Just one question though: does the character have to be based off a generator creation, or can I create my own sprites and design from scratch?

Edit:
Unfortunately I think I jumped the gun on this one, I won't be able to participate because I have other important things I should be doing. :kaosigh:
I'll look forward to seeing everyone's entries though!

Last edited:

Kokoro Hane

Overly Ambitious
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Ah I have always wanted to give this contest a try!

Question; if we do not win, do we still get to keep our creation if we ever wish to use them?

SinのAria

The Chaotic One
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
C++
Primarily Uses
N/A
Are Custom Bodies allowed?
Can we use the same character for both MV and MZ or should they be different characters?

(This contest makes some of the more 'buggy' issues with the maker apparent, like tails and hair layering).

Last edited:

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Are Custom Bodies allowed?
Can we use the same character for both MV and MZ or should they be different characters?

You would need to enter different characters into each. Also they would need to be useable in a game with MV/MZ RTP characters.

(This doesn't exclude custom bodies necessarily, as Caz for instance did a slime. Or in the last contest someone did a floating winged dot thing. But it does mean that like "tall body" human bodies wouldn't really work).

SinのAria

The Chaotic One
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
C++
Primarily Uses
N/A

• You may tell your friends to vote for your post even outside the forums (such as on your personal social media) but you may not create threads or status feeds asking for likes or promoting your entry. Please keep the forum rules on advertising in mind.
This is somewhat confusing to me. Am I to understand that the 'you may not create threads or status feeds' part of it is specifically referring to RPGMakerWeb threads/status feeds and not, say... My facebook status feed or a thread on a different site?

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

This is somewhat confusing to me. Am I to understand that the 'you may not create threads or status feeds' part of it is specifically referring to RPGMakerWeb threads/status feeds and not, say... My facebook status feed or a thread on a different site?

Yes, this, it's about not advertising on the forums themselves. Voting will start tomorrow!

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Wait, I thought voting was supposed to start today, the 13th!

It is currently barely passed midnight in Pacific time which is what we use. So while yes, it is technically the 13th, it is the middle of the night. I meant "voting will start after I've gone to sleep and gotten up again".

There will be threads up for voting around noon Pacific on the 13th.

SinのAria

The Chaotic One
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
C++
Primarily Uses
N/A
Should probably link the additional voting threads here and in the voting threads.

Grats to all the winners!

Last edited:

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hey everyone, I'm going to do the winners announcement post after we get the edit bar fixed. It's kind of hard to do any announcement without formatting! Thanks for the patience.

SinのAria

The Chaotic One
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
C++
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hey everyone, I'm going to do the winners announcement post after we get the edit bar fixed. It's kind of hard to do any announcement without formatting! Thanks for the patience.
Oh, you mean that wasn't on purpose? The timing made me think it was, lol. (Well, I believe you can still do formatting if you know how... I'm not going to test that here though since this isn't my forum to mess around with, but it worked on other xenforo forums.)

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Oh, you mean that wasn't on purpose? The timing made me think it was, lol. (Well, I believe you can still do formatting if you know how... I'm not going to test that here though since this isn't my forum to mess around with, but it worked on other xenforo forums.)
Yeah our templates got screwy. And it's too much of a pain to do formatting by just remembering codes and stuff. It should be fixed early next week anyway (like Mon-Tues).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I won't finish it today, I only will have time to work on that next Saturday, what a shame... :(
I made something for @LittenDev [as he requested]
It's been a weird while. I've been so torn down that even playing video games has been something I avoided. But I shouldn't forget two things. One, I love RPG Maker for a reason. Two, only way to eat an elephant is a bite at a time.
How do people even enjoy RGB keyboard and mouse lighting? It's distracting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Criimorh_