Original Character Contest 3 MZ VOTING! VOTE NOW! (ENDS JAN 19th!)

Vote For Your Top 3

• Isaac by Isaac The Red

Votes: 3 4.9%
  • Xertaif Arondoll by Xana43

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Pennelope D. Skylor "Sky" by P3dr0

• Emzie by Caz

Votes: 26 42.6%
  • Puelle Sunston by Starmage

Votes: 14 23.0%
  • Harmony by hiddenone

Votes: 19 31.1%
  • Bikram Falls by Wyrde

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Oldhar, Darklord of the Edge by Nowis-337

Votes: 15 24.6%
  • Klarissa Durrant by Chaude04

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • Captain Coffee by misterdovah

• Quetzal by peatbogwoodlandmoss

• Kristen Soliana by MasterTenchi

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • Henry the Weeper/Reaper by AkraticHuman

Votes: 11 18.0%
  • Aurelia Swartzvald by garahad-ser

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Tulu by SinのAria

• Charone Kole by LoneHuntress11

• Grandma Daisy by yournamehere

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • Amelina Donrien Galloys by Darkmos

• NPC32 "Ioland" by PixeLockeT

• Gyaru Banchou Onee-sama by Mr. Detective

• Zavig by KV_Kingdom

Votes: 11 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mr. Detective

NATO Special Operative
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Can I vote for one now then come back and vote for the other two later?

Last edited:

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
@Mr. Detective There's a Change Vote button, so you should be able to. You'll need to reselect your first choice as well though as it doesn't remember what you voted for.

SinのAria

The Chaotic One
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
C++
Primarily Uses
N/A
I wonder what would happen if there was a tie with more than 5 entries.

SinのAria

The Chaotic One
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
C++
Primarily Uses
N/A
Darn, so we can't have more than 5 winners even if there is a tie.

Xana43

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm just glad to have participated (I never won anything in my life, so I doubt it's going to start now)

garahad-ser

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Heck, so far 3 other people consider my character one of their top 3, that's supremely flattering in itself.

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oops, I meant to enter this but never got around to it. Oh well, voted for my 3, but based on the numbers I'm seeing right now, my taste in what makes interesting characters doesn't seem to agree with that of most people here.

Oh well, best of luck everyone!

KV_Kingdom

Furry Potato
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Oops, I meant to enter this but never got around to it. Oh well, voted for my 3, but based on the numbers I'm seeing right now, my taste in what makes interesting characters doesn't seem to agree with that of most people here.

Oh well, best of luck everyone!

Hey, an unpopular opinion is just what we need here! It's distressing to a creator if their character doesn't get many, or any, votes, so to have at least SOMEONE who cares is valuable.

Sorry you didn't get to enter, but thank you for voting! :ahappy:

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
I voted both this section and MV section and in MV I realized my taste are really unconventional. But I truly loved the ones I voted for and maybe I had a 4th and 5th somewhere that I wasn't sure if I should reconsider.

But this section is... WOAH they were such a majority of good ones; I would had that problem voting to choose one for the ugliest or the one I hate worst. LOL Congratulation all ^^

Elise727

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey, an unpopular opinion is just what we need here! It's distressing to a creator if their character doesn't get many, or any, votes, so to have at least SOMEONE who cares is valuable.

Sorry you didn't get to enter, but thank you for voting! :ahappy:
Yeah. Can't say I know how that feels...not at all. No siree. :kaoeh:*Sad music*

Mr. Detective

NATO Special Operative
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Some of the top choices are... a little unexpected.

Hey, maybe we should rig the votes to see what's gonna happen if we have 5 entries with the same number of votes.

SinのAria

The Chaotic One
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
C++
Primarily Uses
N/A
Heck, so far 3 other people consider my character one of their top 3, that's supremely flattering in itself.
Honestly, that is good for a voting contest. In general, voting contests are popularity contests. Even having to register to vote doesn't completely negate that.

For example, if I have 6 people who are already fans of mine that are willing to register and vote for me, that is already a 6 vote advantage for me. That means everyone else needs at least 6 extra votes to beat me. That isn't necessarily impossible to beat such an advantage, but it is an advantage.

Unfortunately, that is just the nature of voting contests and there is little you can do to prevent that. (Even skill based contests might depend on the judgement of others or luck).

For that reason, if you gained natural votes and not votes from people who were already fans, be happy that people looked at your submission and thought it stood out enough to vote on.

garahad-ser

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For example, if I have 6 people who are already fans of mine that are willing to register and vote for me, that is already a 6 vote advantage for me. That means everyone else needs at least 6 extra votes to beat me. That isn't necessarily impossible to beat such an advantage, but it is an advantage.

Yeah I probably could have done that, but I'm not sure I wanted to get that desperate about it. So as it stands, seven random people who considered my character in the top 3, well that's freaking amazing for a character I made on the fly at last minute. I could have even cludged together a little minigame for her, but I felt I wouldn't do enough justice to it, and would not have been enough of a guaranteed advantage.

Starmage

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
FIlipino
Primarily Uses
N/A
OMG this event is really fun, and I'm super thankful for the 14 people who chose my entry as one of their top 3! T_T <3 <3 Its such a huge honor! You guys rock!! :D And I loved seeing everyone's creations!! :D Tons of pretty and awesome entries here!

Cheers to more fun events like this soon!! <3 ^^

SinのAria

The Chaotic One
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
C++
Primarily Uses
N/A
Yeah I probably could have done that, but I'm not sure I wanted to get that desperate about it. So as it stands, seven random people who considered my character in the top 3, well that's freaking amazing for a character I made on the fly at last minute. I could have even cludged together a little minigame for her, but I felt I wouldn't do enough justice to it, and would not have been enough of a guaranteed advantage.
Yeah, my characters are actually from a LN sidestory I'm working on. I didn't see the contest until a few days had already passed, so I ended up using characters I had already had, though both were new for my artist. (Nol's first form already had been drawn, but I had her do Nol's second form for the contest and Tulu was a planned character my artist had yet to draw - in fact, the only thing I was certain about Tulu was she needed to have orange eyes). It actually took longer since originally we made custom bodies, but then I realized that the generator can't use custom bodies without replacing the default body (honestly, part of the difficulty was that we made all the parts (including faces) instead of directly making the sprites, but the generators for MV and MZ do layers really weird and there aren't any clear guides for making parts so we had to redo some of the parts to combine parts or set them up for combination).

I was hoping to win (I would've totally paid for busts/portraits if I had a day or two more to work on it) so that I could get the two included in the free DLC and see how others would use my characters, but ah well. I can still use my characters in my own games even if nobody else will use them (I doubt many people will go to the contest page after the contest). Was going to do some last minute advertising, but high winds and fire+fire risk knocked out my power for about a day (though PGE claims it was only about 12 hours because the power came back on for like an hour in the middle of the night).

Honestly, I doubt that the games really helped much in terms of voting, but I was kind of hoping I'd get some feedback about what people hated (and maybe what people liked) about the games. Nobody had any feedback about my games T_T . (To be honest, my games don't really do justice for my characters because some of their skills just don't really work well with the default rpgmaker battle systems, plus the LN is near grimdark in setting which takes a lot of time to build up and extreme violence is against the rules of the contest (Tulu suffered a bit more than Nol from this since her character revolves around an extreme amount of violence while being too innocent to understand what violence is)).

Last edited:

Kurtis

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Pennelope was such a pretty character, well done.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Added a modern day fridge sprite to my thread. Empty, full, and rotten versions :) enjoy
I'm on YouTube moderating for an America's Funniest Home Videos livestream. They love having me there and I know spam when I see it. Tonight I had to put 3 different people in time out due to them spamming random letters. Nobody else could chat with their messages in the way!
Mist_new.png
Some WIP of Mist's newest sprites! Tutorials are awesome and very useful!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bamionic