Status
Not open for further replies.

pinnedmoth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I'm experimenting with my tutorial-made game. I tried giving my player the ability to shoot, following the instructions I remembered from the tutorial on Projectiles. But I must be missing a step, because while my player shoots fine, he apparently loses the ability to shoot once the number of bullets listed in the "Shot Frequency Cap" are all spent. Upon entering a new canvas, this seemingly limited supply of bullets returns. What did I do wrong this time?

Also, upon changing the collision detection settings for my penguins to respond to the bullets, I am experiencing a collision difficulty where the boss penguin and the little penguin become inextricably intertwined. I'll send you (Vinosec) the GPD and hope that you might tell me what went wrong so that I may avoid such errors in the future.

Kain Vinosec

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
First problem is a super easy fix. You just forgot to check the "Disappear" box on your bullet's "Invisible" Action Program.

For the second problem you basically just need to tweak some things and figure out what is going to work best for your game in the long run. For instance, try un-checking the box for "Collided With Another Gadget" on your penguin and boss penguin for their Walking Right/Left conditions. Also try checking the box for "Don't Push Another Gadget Back" under the "Emergence Settings" tab for both. What you end up with is penguins that will walk through you (while doing damage), and will walk through each other, but still change direction when there is a wall in their way. They still function the same (jumping on them or shooting them = death) but now they have the chance to do more damage and work a lot smoother than before.

Hope that helps!

Last edited by a moderator:

pinnedmoth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Problem solved, per usual. Thank you. You may close thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

The snowy mountains in my game are finally done... what a crazy journey.
I participated in the official video event collection!
Well I am infinitely upset that I finally got a good idea... after the Touch the Stars game jam is pretty much over.

Gather resources to build a spaceship to escape the apocalypse! It would have been cool....
Thinking that if I get MZ, I'll work on a new Project. How about instead of just an RPG, I make it episodic, like an anime? You might even get fanservice. Oh, but I need the right costume for the character.
"but what even is an API??"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rabbit1qaz