L.W. Flouisa

NumeroHex
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I just got a copy of the trial today after transitioning from windows which I had my original copy of vx ace. Linux Mint has a compatibility layer called wine, which I'm able to run most windows programs without a problem, except for specific things.

When I opened RPG Maker VX Ace, after choosing continue to see if the software would even work, it says 'Out Of Memory.' Now I have 935 gigabytes of free space, so clearly the amount of space on the computer shouldn't be an issue.

What might be causing this? I'd like solve this issue before putting in my key I purchased earlier when Ace first came out.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have absolutely no knowledge of Wine, but I know that most emulators give you an option to restrict their RAM usage to a part of the available RAM only, specifically to allow to simulate smaller machines and to make sure that the simulation doesn't crash the main system when developing.

That would be the first options I would check.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Is RPG Maker VX (rgss2) still relevant? xD
ZyCHqk2.png

Something about top-downs.
I have never felt so attacked by a tree before :LZSlol: it took 10++ hours to make but at least it looks pretty LOL

Untitled-1.png
now seems like the worst time for me to need a better computer with how much stuff is costing. that and I don't thing there's much else I can do to make MV run any better with what I have.
Sigh... to have some variety in this weather. More than just sun and rain and wind and thunder.
In the meantime, I've discovered that I'm slowly becoming fatigued from the many sleepless nights my neighbors cause. Or at least their dogs. Always barking at something.
I might need a day to just sleep and recharge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucifersatan2