Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Outbreak (1).png

synopsis.png
In a secretive location where chemical toxins are being tested, you play as the dog MC: Crypto. Crypto's owner runs the operations inside the building and has run into a machine malfunction that has exploded some of the chemicals within the facility. This toxin goes airborne, infecting a majority of the staff and turning them into dormant shells of a human being only craving the taste of flesh. Due to genetic DNA modifications your owner made on you when you were a pup, the toxin doesn't affect you like this. Instead, you receive heightened intelligence and the ability to learn new feats as you grow.​

As any good dog would do, you are worried about your owner and aim to seek him out to ensure his safety after the explosion. Though the chaos from the walking creatures affected by the toxins have created an array of puzzles for you to navigate successfully through.​

With each passing room, you'll be met with challenges, obstacles, and creatures that wish to harm you. However, you'll have the chance to learn new abilities as you progress to aid you in completing your task.​

Do you have what it takes?​

Screenshots.png
Main Frame.png
Back Yard.png
Sewer Upper Level.png

Characters.png
Crypto:
Crypto.png
More to come in near-future updates.

Mechanics.png
  • Time system - Not only will you be navigating the compound and solving puzzles, but you'll also face time-sensitive tasks too.
  • Puzzle system - Everyone likes a good puzzle, but when you have to use a series of move sets, planned time calculations, and other strategic insight, it becomes so much more.
  • HUD - You'll be able to monitor the clock and your health, because who doesn't want anxiety over their performance?
  • Checkpoints - Instead of being able to save every second of the game, checkpoints will be placed as markers of your progress. This helps add to the difficulty of the game. (Harder gameplay modes will decrease the number of savable checkpoints throughout the game. Giving a player true nightmarish game runs.)
  • Crafting system - When exploring a compound, you're bound to find items just lying around, or maybe shoved inside a locker or too. Special pieces of paper will be hidden, or sometimes in the open and they will provide instructions to create a combinational item with the materials that you may or may not find. Some of these items will be essential, while others will be just helpful to your advancement.
  • Item Limitation - Being able to create new toys can always be a blast, but when these items have the ability to combo with each other to make new abilities and actions, it's best to limit them so that you play the most strategic way possible.
  • Achievement Logs - There are always those who love being a completionist, don't be ashamed, I'm one of them. A Bestiary and Logbook will track all items, checkpoints, creatures, and locations you unlock/discover.

Setting.png
The setting of this game is on earth in the state of California. The land the building is located on is privately owned and has been operating for the last five years uninterrupted.

Download-Link.png
Future Update

Last edited:

CalebW

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Dev update 3/2/2020 Music & Sound effects have been acquired, Time system common event built, Map testing and passability all finished. Next task: Create in-game events that build out the puzzles.

CalebW

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Dev update 3/6/2020: Common events working properly. Mechanics currently implemented and working: The Ultra Bark move. Ability to make a monster run away when utilizing the ability. Jump command also active. The game checks players' direction and allows a jump within a specified amount of blocks as long as the region is not blocked off. Both abilities currently use MP to limit the number of uses and have wait commands so that the move is not executed infinitely.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Had no time to work more on my Redwood tiles yesterday and no time yet still today--But! Somehow found time to make sit health potion props.
Today I learned that George Washington was not the first president of my country, and that there were technically over a dozen presidents before him. My own ignorance astounds me, I mean it always does but the sheer scope of this revelation astounds me. I guess George Santayana really was quite astute when he said:
Currently enjoying FF7 Remake :biggrin:
Day 753: I think im just about ready to finish the planning stage of my game creation and actually start to make it :0
I usually don't enjoy survival games, but I absolutely love Conan Exiles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rumham