- Feb 16, 2019
- Reaction score
- First Language
- Primarily Uses
In a secretive location where chemical toxins are being tested, you play as the dog MC: Crypto. Crypto's owner runs the operations inside the building and has run into a machine malfunction that has exploded some of the chemicals within the facility. This toxin goes airborne, infecting a majority of the staff and turning them into dormant shells of a human being only craving the taste of flesh. Due to genetic DNA modifications your owner made on you when you were a pup, the toxin doesn't affect you like this. Instead, you receive heightened intelligence and the ability to learn new feats as you grow.
As any good dog would do, you are worried about your owner and aim to seek him out to ensure his safety after the explosion. Though the chaos from the walking creatures affected by the toxins have created an array of puzzles for you to navigate successfully through.
With each passing room, you'll be met with challenges, obstacles, and creatures that wish to harm you. However, you'll have the chance to learn new abilities as you progress to aid you in completing your task.
Do you have what it takes?
- Time system - Not only will you be navigating the compound and solving puzzles, but you'll also face time-sensitive tasks too.
- Puzzle system - Everyone likes a good puzzle, but when you have to use a series of move sets, planned time calculations, and other strategic insight, it becomes so much more.
- HUD - You'll be able to monitor the clock and your health, because who doesn't want anxiety over their performance?
- Checkpoints - Instead of being able to save every second of the game, checkpoints will be placed as markers of your progress. This helps add to the difficulty of the game. (Harder gameplay modes will decrease the number of savable checkpoints throughout the game. Giving a player true nightmarish game runs.)
- Crafting system - When exploring a compound, you're bound to find items just lying around, or maybe shoved inside a locker or too. Special pieces of paper will be hidden, or sometimes in the open and they will provide instructions to create a combinational item with the materials that you may or may not find. Some of these items will be essential, while others will be just helpful to your advancement.
- Item Limitation - Being able to create new toys can always be a blast, but when these items have the ability to combo with each other to make new abilities and actions, it's best to limit them so that you play the most strategic way possible.
- Achievement Logs - There are always those who love being a completionist, don't be ashamed, I'm one of them. A Bestiary and Logbook will track all items, checkpoints, creatures, and locations you unlock/discover.
The setting of this game is on earth in the state of California. The land the building is located on is privately owned and has been operating for the last five years uninterrupted.