Petite Elite

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello, everyone.

I've noticed this issue has been brought up a few times before, however, I have yet to find a fix for my specific issue.

I'm currently using Yami's Overlay mapping script, and I recently discovered that changing the screen tint effects the overlay images differently from the in-built

map ... :blink:  ... thing... PICS, HELP ME!

1XBLwJb.jpg
2qE2wcF.jpg
I'm bent on implementing a day/night system but, as you can see from comparing the two pics (both of which have screen tints), that the overlay image (The bottom corner of the cliff tiles as well as the grass on top of the grass) is effected differently. Hanzo Kimura (HK) has developed a script for VX which has overcome this problem, but I am yet to find one for VX Ace :(

Is the only way to overcome this problem by creating morning, day, afternoon and night variants for each map?

Has anyone found a fix for the script I'm using?

Does anyone know of a different script for overlay mapping that overcomes this problem?

Seriously, any help is deeply appreciated!

Yami's script (the one I'm using):

http://yamiworld.wordpress.com/yami-engine/image-display/overlay-mapping/

HK's Script (one that claims to have overcome this problem in VX):

http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showtopic=48231)

Candacis

Pixel Pusher
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
I would like to know this as well, struggling with the same problem right now. How do you solve it?

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Finally got my new Discord Server up & Running! I'm still improving it as much as I can, & I'm open for any Suggestions!
I've been busy trying out different art styles for my game.

Enemies deserve some spotlight also
hackingCompressed.gif
I think I can make a text-based mini-game with almost zero art assets and with code only...just a lot of code as assets all by themselves. :kaojoy:
A video update on the progress I've been making on the cutscenes. :kaosalute:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
67616c