Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Resource Type: Map

Maker Format: VX Ace (32px Grid)

Art Style: Mack-Editor/Parallax, Celianna's World Map Maker, Artist's Choice

Description: I need a Overview Map that was built in MV (based on a 2k3 Map) rebuilt since I switched to VX Ace and changed styles. I attempted to use Celianna's World Map Maker to do it (beginning results below), but I would prefer something that looks better than a trained monkey beating on a keyboard. This will not be an open world map as it will just be based off points of interest... Size does not have to be enormous as I am using a script that shrinks the character on the Overview Map (Suikoden Style). I have include the picture of my MV version... the original 2k3 version... as well as some sample styles that would interest me. The map can be a single map that encompasses the entire continent or broken into smaller pieces if that is easier.

Meluvet (Top of Map): Meluvet/Garalas Border (Middle of Map): Garalas/Dragon Knights Domain (Bottom of Map): http://i.imgur.com/fh5DhzA.png

As you can see I've expanded on it so the MV Map will be the best reference for it.

Didn't make it half way through before I gave up because those Mountain Ranges suck. *hangs head*

Please provide a link to any resources that are used. Feel free to PM me for more information or post in the thread. I don't want anyone wasting their time so please contact me with some specific before attempting the map (don't want someone to post a strictly VX Ace for example), but I want it to look good as this will be seen quite often.

This is for my non-commercial remake of Legion Saga which can be found on RMW (though I have to rework the thread since the forum update): Legion Saga Advent Prophecy

fizzly

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Why not add own mountains to World Map Maker?

Arcmagik

Game Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Why not add own mountains to World Map Maker?
It isn't that the mountains themselves are bad. It is that my arrangement and command of them are bad which is why I said "Mountain ranges" aka the haphazardly strummed together mountains that I made trying to emulate mountain ranges were bad.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Made another map, this one even has a cool moving waterfall. I'll have an animated GIF later whenever I'm done adding stuff. :LZSwink:
Back here again?! RPG MAKER, I can't quit you. :kaosigh:
um... why didn't anyone tell how easy it is to add motions to Sideview battlers? I literally copied the last one, changed the name and index, said where it should play, and boom... I've got intro motions.
Lately when I listen to 1970s songs, I always think that the "real world" is still at mid 70s. What we experience now is a futuristic dream. With this point of view, even 80s and 90s looks super futuristic. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
broiderers