Not open for further replies.

Cah

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm making an ABS game, and I would like it to have overworld creature cries similar to how Pokemon Sun/Moon has the cries of the local Pokemon on the overworld.

Essentially what I would like to happen is when the player goes to a new map all the currently spawned creature events will play their "cries" in random intervals for the duration that the player is on that map, but the audio volume of those cries would gradually get higher the closer you get to the event & lower the further you are from it (with a base minimum volume of 10%).

I have no idea if this is even possible to do with Javascript, but I thought i'd see if it was & if anyone could either help me replicate it in-game or create a plugin for this.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
anything is possible in programming - but some things are more difficult than others.
And in this case it depends on info that you didn't give...

First, you need to split this idea up into two parts: the general environment audio (which is already possible by map properties) and an event-based audio that drops to zero depending on distance.
That zero is the most important part - because it means that the plugin can ignore events that are farther away.
If you don't want to ignore events that are farther away, then the result will either be lag or a limit on the maximum number of audio events on the map.

that said, I remember a script or plugin for environmental event-based audio. But I don't remember if it was a script for Ace or a plugin for MV, you should look for that yourself.

Reactions: Cah

Cah

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
anything is possible in programming - but some things are more difficult than others.
And in this case it depends on info that you didn't give...

First, you need to split this idea up into two parts: the general environment audio (which is already possible by map properties) and an event-based audio that drops to zero depending on distance.
That zero is the most important part - because it means that the plugin can ignore events that are farther away.
If you don't want to ignore events that are farther away, then the result will either be lag or a limit on the maximum number of audio events on the map.

that said, I remember a script or plugin for environmental event-based audio. But I don't remember if it was a script for Ace or a plugin for MV, you should look for that yourself.
Yea i'm not well versed in Javascript so I tried giving info on what I thought would be enough without it becoming too convoluted haha. What you & Princess Bananabelle suggested should be enough for me to eventually make a plugin once I learn more about Javascript. Thanks!
I happen to remember a plugin for this here:
https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/mbs-sound-emittance.52718/

And while searching for it I found this one too:
http://mvplugins.com/plugin/Deadlift/Proximity Background Sounds

Hopefully one of these work for you.
Ah great! It looks like that MBS plugin is broken as of 1.6.1, but thankfully someone on that thread had already suggested another plugin to use called "JavaHut's AudioManager Extension" (in case anyone else viewing this thread in the future want's to know). I have no idea how I missed the one on mvplugins.com... That's one of the first sites that I checked. Thank you though!

A MOD can mark this as resolved as I have a good starting point now, the rest is up to me with learning more Javascript.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A MOD can mark this as resolved as I have a good starting point now, the rest is up to me with learning more Javascript.
you need to report your own topic to have it closed, the mods are not automatically checking every topic...

Cah

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Edit: Ignore this

Last edited:

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Babbaditch Finster and the Seven-Sided Cube has got to be one of my favorite classic games that didn't exist when I was kid, or ever
My tutorial about frankenspriting is now online :3 Any topic you would like to see next?
Stuffing three people in a room and thinking they'll study together is so wrong XD I don't get how people do group studies. We just end up gossiping about everything except studying lol
Been parallax mapping nigh all night. :D
2nd character based on the same random inputs

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dokdo2005