Spookybun

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've seen this done before but I'm not sure how to do it myself. But basically, I only want to reserve the battle system for bosses. I want to have the rest of the enemies on the board, where all the skills will not be necessary to take them out because the character will always have a sword.

I imagine I'll have to work this out with events? But I'm not exactly sure how to go about doing this. Can anyone give me a suggestion about how to pull this off?

hiddenone

Lurker Extraordinaire
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Game Mechanics Design isn't meant for 'how to' questions, so

I'm moving this to MV Support.

Though depending on how complex you want this to be, you may need to use plugins.

Horn

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
From what I know the thing you're asking about is called 'Action Battle System'. I'd suggest searching for this on the forums - you will find plenty of threads about it.

Spookybun

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Horn

Thank you for giving me the actual name of this fight style. I did a small bit of research on it, looks like it’d be a challenge to set up. It’s a good thing I’d only need it to be a simple hack and slash ordeal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Wasting so much time trying to get a sprite behavior to work. I feel like banging my head against a wall.
Well... it’s been a real pain in the IRS today. :/
My kitty still young (3-4 months), I think I could teach her some funny tricks... like: "Play dead-ly good music for my games"
Here's a quality DPS class idea: The Beekeeper, who uses the "Bees!!" skill to attack and poison enemies.
Please don't create long, boring cutscenes in which characters do nothing but stand around talking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
popogui