Overworld Events Relative to Status Effects(RMMV)

Avanoh

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is there a simple way to make it so characters or objects in the game world react differently based on status effects? For example, if I made a status effect called vampirism, is there a way to make it so interacting with NPCs makes them react with fear rather than their normal response? Or if I wanted to infiltrate a vampire’s castle, could I make it so you had to first become inflicted with the vampirism state in order to enter? Or, on the other side, make it so you can’t enter a church while inflicted with vampirism. Or even make it so that you take damage overtime outside AND inside battle based on the time of day if you have the vampirism state? I have a plot where things like this would lend to both gameplay and plot devices. Not with just vampires, but unorthodox status effects in general. I wanna make it so you have to use certain status effects to solve puzzles in certain dungeons/areas. Preferably, I would accomplish this without plugins as I’m going to be getting the Switch version of the game. Just doing my research beforehand so I’m prepared.

Rabbitheart

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can do most of that with conditional branch. Pick conditional branch and in the page two you can pick if an actor has some state.
About taking damage in the outside at day I can't help... Hopefully some other can.

Avanoh

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not like constantly during the day, but something similar to the poison effect from Pokémon where they take damage as turns pass and for each step. That’s what I’m looking for, except only during what would be daylight hours in the game.

Aloe Guvner

Walrus
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How are you controlling what is daylight hours?

You can make a parallel event that checks the number of steps the player has taken and apply some damage if it's beyond some threshold.

Avanoh

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It’d be a parallel event that changes the tint of the screen based on what time the clock is on. And that makes sense. That’s something I can apply to a state? Thanks for the response btw

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
no, it's not something you can apply to a state. The parallel event would include a check to see if a certain actor had a certain state, and respond accordingly.

How many actors are in your party? How many of them could have this state? Do you want to do an If Actor 1 has State 10 check, or do you want to do an If any actor has state 10 check?

Avanoh

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I’d have a party of 4 or less. Preferably it would work on all members of the party inflicted with the state but if that doesn’t work, then the party leader would be good enough. Thanks for the answers by the way, very helpful

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Is the "2 status updates per 24h" still in effect?
My first attempt at Pixel Art :blink::) (I have no idea what I'm doing but I'm doing it)
Plugin instructions: *exists*
Plugin: What did he say? *error*
I feel like it's about time I share all the result of my experiment project here. But there's a lot of it.
Me and brother have an ongoing rivalry. We constantly fight for the High Score in Galaga on our arcade cabinet. Today I take back the top with 239,000. He'll be back. (No-Fire glitch is banned)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rikuto