Owltear's Battlers

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV Resources' started by Owltears, Dec 6, 2017.

1. Owltears

Owltears Working on Honey Moon, about 20% done Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    *~A Creepy(?) Update~*

Hello! I've been busy with work the last few weeks, and with playing LAN Don't Starve Together with my husband and friends. I LOVE playing as Woody. Since I've been playing it so much it kinda inspired me to try to draw creepy, yet not creepy enemies. I made a few sketchy themed nightmare bird things, slimes, slime demon, and a summoning circle. Originally I wanted to draw some wildlife battlers, like frogs, but it turns out I'm not good at drawing frogs, they look like orbs with lips haha.

I've been waiting for over 50 minutes to upload the comparison picture and I've never felt such rage at having a slow phone plan. Ohhhh screw it, it's not loading agh! This update has taken OVER 4 HOURS in waiting for the images to just upload. I can't believe it took half an hour to load a dang angry face.:kaolivid::kaolivid::kaolivid:

Sketchy Bird
    They share the same down pose, but these are the ones inspired by Don't Starve's frick'n Tall Birds and Terror Beak. Never have I ever thought a bird was creepy until then.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Slime/Slime Demon
    I made several variants of it, with eyes, without, with a crown and without. The color changes pretty well with the hue ma-change-a-do. I also included the crown as a stand alone battler in case someone might want to use it. The way I have them put up is backwards. He starts off with eyes and a crown, but as you beat him he looses his eyes, then you fight the crown.(Yeaa)

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]
    Summoning Circle
    Just a simple summoning circle. It changes in the hue-ma-do very well. It took me like 3 hours to get the darn star to look like it does and it's still wonky lol.
    [​IMG]
    on a side note I'm a very sad I keep missing site events. They always look so cool, but I only know about them after they're over...;_;

Last edited: Oct 20, 2018
  2. Sauteed_Onion

Sauteed_Onion Mmm Tasty Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yay! Tasty Creepy Birds!

starlight dream likes this.
  3. Owltears

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    *~ Small Update ~*

It's been on average 98F with 99%+ humidity, until yesterday we didn't have a day that wasn't below 95. I made only one battler, sorry. I'm just worried my computer will over heat in this blazing heat, so for the time being in this summer my battler output will be slower as to keep my laptop from not combusting.

I do plan on making some nature battlers, like cats, dogs, snakes, bats, wolfs, and fantasy things, like fairies, rabid plants, and the like. If you have any suggestions I'd love to hear them ^_^

Moonkai
    A creature that I had a dream about. It thrives in nightmares where it takes to the sky's and reveals your location or a dark/embarrassing secret for all to see. If attacked they'd summon and throw white and black stars at the attacker. They are passive and if you remove their wings they become docile.
    They often appear in dreams or nightmares in which someone feels like a spotlight is on them. However in comparison of the nightmares, in good dreams Moonkai will throw stars across the sky such as in a romantic scene.

I included the wings separate in case you may want to edit the location to better suit your needs. Or if you wanted say a slime or something to have wings, now you can.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. starlight dream

starlight dream Loving life...One dream at a time Veteran

First Language:
    EN, EL, FR
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Moonkai is really interesting, a Great battler Concept. And thanks for the separate wings too. :)

Sauteed_Onion and Owltears like this.
  5. Owltears

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    Oh that reminds me if the pink wings are not to your liking you can change the color in a different program and then replace the original ones with your new color ^_^~

You can do it in the engine itself but ut looks wonky

6. starlight dream

starlight dream Loving life...One dream at a time Veteran

First Language:
    EN, EL, FR
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    LOL That's 2 pieces of advice rolled into one sentence ;)

Sauteed_Onion likes this.
  7. Owltears

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    *~Cat Archer Update~*

I finally got to watch Robin Hood Men in Tight Tights, and I've never laughed so bad at a movie before. I drew a little cat archer based off Robin Hood, I hope he's cute enough not to get hit! The archer's name is Mel, he likes tuna, and will fight for the last snack!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

slimmmeiske2 and Mystic_Enigma like this.
  8. Mystic_Enigma

Mystic_Enigma The Doofiest of Dorks Veteran

In MY world, you are not welcome in my world!
    First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yay, Cat Archer! He's adorable, and looks pretty handy with that bow to boot. Fight the good fight, fellow!

9. Podglu

Podglu Villager Member

First Language:
    French
    Sorry, but i can't see any of your battlers, i even tried to switch to Chrome or use my mobile, it didn't work.

GalacticGod likes this.
  10. Owltears

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    I've been trying to figure out why they are not working and sadly I can only think the site I'm hosting them on kek.gg for some reason got rid of them or something. I do however have a Google Drive with all my battlers in it from the first sushi battler to the latest cat archer.

I am actually posting the link to it on the main post for the time being. Here it is as well!
    Work has been super busy so I'll try to get them reuploaded fast
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1GrUMr9ZTkTTRrBNSlsvXbDAAIQh1jOf9?usp=sharing

11. Owltears

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    *~ HALLOWEEN UPDATE PART 1~*

I have spent the last 3 days(been busy with work so I wish I could have done this sooner:kaodes:) Re uploading every image to Imgur and then posting them back here in their respective update due to the site I was using randomly deleted my stuff. It's been a pain but I got it doone~

I have been busy with work but I was able to draw some spoopy things and turned several into Halloween battlers! I am still working on a few Halloween requests *cries* I wish I had time to have done them sooner. Without further ado here they are!
    What they look like in game:
    [​IMG]

Crab Apple Mimic
    Have you ever bit into a caramel apple and had it bite back? No? Then you've never had a Crab apple! These rare delicacy's are actually made of mimics found on an island near where reality is half magic and half NOPE. Often they're skewered when young dipped in caramel and cooked, but every now and then when once survives the process, a new job opening is available for the Halloween season. They grow fast and BIG if unchecked and sadly you've just ran into one.

Fear not about taste, this mimic, despite it's "diet" will strangely always taste like a bitter apple with sweet caramel.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Chochin obake (A Japanese paper lantern ghost)
    A deserted old temple with glowing lights, children love to dare each other to play in it at night. Often they don't stay long as he dusty site is littered with dozens of paper lanterns. If you get to close they might make strange noises, crick crick, and move. If you're not paying attention the lanterns will open their eye (or eyes) and slap you with their tongue! Most of the kids run in fear but they often don't cause lasting harm. Often.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    These yoki are my favorite silly ghosts I've ever heard about. The writing is supposed to say "Trick/Tricky", as a pun on the fact that they take the form of normal lanterns.

Pumpkin Mimic

Long ago there was a witch who owned a garden. Each Halloween she'd carve faces into them and place them in front of her home. One year, as a prank, a teenager stole one of her uncarved pumpkins to give to his family. Imagine his surprise when he got home and found a large crack in it, from end to end in a smile. Imagine his mother's horror when the pumpkin threw up pumpkin bits all over before rolling home back to the witch!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I like writing short stories. I hope the small blurbs give you ideas~

Last edited: Oct 24, 2018
    atoms, Mystic_Enigma and samkfj like this.
  12. samkfj

samkfj Bug Powder Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Cute, I love it.

Owltears likes this.
  13. Owltears

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    *~Halloween Batters Part 2~*

I tried to draw a witch riding a pumpkin per a request but this was the best I could think of. They have the same poses but different coloration's. She's a little taller then the normal humans as she's in the pumpkin.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

This one is supposed to be pink but it's more of an orange pink / close to the first one. So I've listed it as an extra.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

14. Owltears

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    [​IMG]
    I made an angel tonight. It can easily be changed with the hue-ma-doo to be different colors. I tried to make it as large as I could to make it seem like an angel but when I tried to make it larger it cuts off at the top ;w;

It has 4 forms to denote damage against it.

Angel's main form
    [​IMG]
    Wounded
    [​IMG]
    Critically wounded
    [​IMG]

Near death
    [​IMG]

I know it looks different then my normal style that is because I accidentally uninstalled my trial of Sai so I used Sketchbook to draw it.